jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Do you keep a 'list' of articles you want to write...eventually...?

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image93
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

Do you keep a 'list' of articles you want to write...eventually...?

I've found I need to keep an "open list" on my computer, especially while I am writing and researching.  I do this mainly because when the ideas come rolling in, simply writing simple descriptions keeps me from going off focus...Do you have a method to remember potential article concepts?

2. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 3 years ago

Why not? I always keep record of my activities on the web including the already published articles and articles to be published. I maintain My Every Minute Diary (http://myeveryminutediary.blogspot.in/)  to keep record of all the published or unpublished articles. I have raised the record keeping issues at many platforms like:
    1. http://wqaindia.hubpages.com/hub/What-t … c-Approach
    2. http://wqaindia.hubpages.com/hub/What-t … c-Approach

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image93
      Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thanks!  I will explore your articles...

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i save all my articles in msword and the url link in ms excel. Just in case i need to add links to my hubs

4. Joel Diffendarfer profile image93
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

Hah!  I thought I was the only one who used Excel as part of my writing...like you, I connect my word docs to my spread sheets...

5. easylearningweb profile image92
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

Absolutely, I definitely keep lists...ideas pop into my head all the time, so I have a list in Notes on my phone, then I have a list in notepad that I use to add as needed and then I usually have Word documents of unfinished hubs.

This is actually what motivated me to start my 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, which I started on Friday, please take a look. I also started a thread where I'm posting stats. It's a great learning experience and I hope to inspire others!

6. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I get ideas when my PC is off so I keep a list on a written pad. I also get ideas when I am on the computer so I have another list on Word.

7. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 3 years ago

I've got a queue... Trouble is, I keep having to tidy up the ones I've done (some un-featured, some in need to 'perking up', most in need of an Amazon module).
    There has also been the book writing. Another one completed and on the market. What's that they say 'the road to heaven is paved with good intentions'? (Not that I aim to get up that way, too many jets, rockets and satellites whizzing around, not to mention all the flocks of migrating geese at the moment. Hell's probably cosier... definitely warmer.

1. somethgblue profile image86
      somethgblueposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it the 'road to hell is paved with good intentions', or are you being facetious?

8. mothersofnations profile image74
    mothersofnationsposted 3 years ago

Absolutely! Too many thoughts and ideas come to mind for me not to keep a list. As I look back on the list there's always one I completely forgot about that I'm grateful to see again smile
    I also write on another site (for women and mothers) as well as books of different genres - there's no way I'd remember every idea if I didn't jot them down. I go back to them and choose depending on my mood...
    God bless you!

9. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 3 years ago

There is no need to make a list, simply select a title for your Hub article and then perhaps write the ideas that come to you in the first text capsule, then just save without publishing and you have you list saved in your stats.

I currently have 12 different hub in various states of completion because when an idea pops into my head I begin to compile the information in the form of an article.

For instance I have a article on disinformation I have been writing for three months and another on the rise of the female spirit of light (Kundalini) which requires more research. I go back to them when I feel motivated to do so. This way your title remains saved forever and you can edit and add more anytime you want.

10. Seafarer Mama profile image87
    Seafarer Mamaposted 3 years ago

That's a great idea. I have a notebook that I write hub ideas in, and some that I feel particularly passionate about I'll start a hub for and work on slowly.