jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Where is the Refresh Button?!

1. annart profile image86
    annartposted 3 years ago

Where is the Refresh Button?!

I've had problems and the refresh button is advised in one comment but I can't find it!  Am I just being thick or is it hidden away?  I'd be grateful for indication of the precise location and is it in published or edit mode?

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Refresh is part of your browser, not the HubPages tools. Where it is depends on your browser and operating system. I'm using Chrome, and the refresh button looks like a circular arrow. When you point at it, the alt text is "Reload this page".

If you're on a Windows machine, you can just hit the control and F5 buttons at the same time, and that will refresh your browser window. I think on Apple machines, its command and R at the same time.

annartposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much.  I'm terrible at the technicalities of it all!  I'm on an AppleMacbook so I'll try the command R.  Your help is much appreciated.

3. Uzochukwu Mike profile image64
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 3 years ago

If you are making use of mozila, find it at the top right part of the browser. You can also right click irrespective of the browser and choose refresh or reload depending on the term used. Again, you can take your pointer to the website url or address and hit enter key without highligting the address.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

It is not HP Ann.
    Which type of:
    Computer - Desktop, laptop...?
    Browser - Chrome, Bing, Yahoo...?
    do you use?
    Also are you on Windows, Mozilla, IE?

annartposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much to all of you. Managed to get the Command R suggestion to work (I'm on an AppleMacBook) so thank you lisavollrath.
      Thanks Kevin and Uzochukwu Mike for your suggestions,   This technophobe is v grateful!
      Still having to refresh often!