jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (22 posts)

Where did hubpages go?

1. jimmythejock profile image88
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

i couldnt get on for nearly an hour.....jimmy

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

There was a network problem at our co-location facility that caused an outage of a little less than an hour.  Their technicians are still trying to determine the root cause, but we are connected again now.

3. jimmythejock profile image88
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

Thanks Paul, I am glad everything is ok there.....jimmy

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Me too! I was stressing! I had a great hub idea. I got all my pictures, ASINs, and wrote the hub, and refreshed and retyped the URL in tons of times. I was getting worried.

5. stephhicks68 profile image92
    stephhicks68posted 9 years ago

I was stressed too!  I thought maybe the IP department at work shut me off of HubPages... LOL

6. Whitney05 profile image83

Ha. I was trying different computers. Lol. Thinking that it was the connection because it's been storming this morning.

7. stephhicks68 profile image92

Yeah, I actually tried our home computer too, and no connection.  So I figured something was up..... (thank goodness I'm not in trouble at work)

8. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 9 years ago

From all the trouble I've had just getting to my account page and trying to work on some Hubs, I'd say they are still having problems even though the site is back up.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I'm having problems adding capsules and saving pictures and ASINs. Pooh

2. Olive S. profile image50
      Olive S.posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same here, I was writing a hub to and nearly done when another page cam eup and said,'' HubPages Down, click here to return to hubpages.'' I clicked then had trouble accessing my account and lost my hub. sad

9. amy jane profile image76
    amy janeposted 9 years ago

I was in a panic too.  Shows how deeply addicted I am!

10. stephhicks68 profile image92

The lost hour for me this morning basically took away my writing time to finish a Hub.  Plus, the connection keeps going down -  "scheduled upgrades," you know.  I doubt I can finish my second "books" hub on time now.  *sigh*  I'm not really in the running for the contest, so this is not a contest complaint.  Just venting, I guess.

11. singingmommy profile image81
    singingmommyposted 9 years ago

I have not been able to get hubpages through the address bar, it says it's not available or does not exist. It brings up search engine choices, but the home page still won't go through, the FAQ page will open. I have been accessing hubpages through my yahoo e-mail.

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image74
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Yeah.  I have two hubs ready to be published, and one written but not in capsules yet.  It's worrying.

13. Whitney05 profile image83

The main thing I'm having problems with is amazon capsules not pulling in the ASINs. I have a hub from last night, that's no longer showing the amazon books.

1. stephhicks68 profile image92
      stephhicks68posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm having the same problems!  My amazon capsules are there, but empty

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image74
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same exact thing for me.  Blek.

14. Zsuzsy Bee profile image90
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 9 years ago

It's snowing and blizzarding outside so I thought problems were on my side of the universe. I'm glad hubpages is back. I was away from home for a few days and not able to write.My withdrawel symptoms have made me knaw my fingers off as far as the knuckels. It's going to be really tough using the keyboard until they grow back. (Hehe) Zs

15. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

There are still some network issues happening at our co-location facility.  Until they resolve the problem HubPages may be a little slow, and Ebay and Amazon capsules may be empty (since a flaky network won't allow us to fetch the data from Ebay and Amazon quickly enough).  Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

16. kerryg profile image90
    kerrygposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the updates. I about had a heart attack this morning when I hit "save unpublished" and several hours worth of work vanished into a "timed out" page. Fortunately I only had to redo the last few changes I'd made. I'm still having some problems with Amazon capsules, but I'm glad to hear they're being worked on.

17. stephhicks68 profile image92

I just published my hub without the amazon capsules.  I'll need to put them in so that readers know where to get the books that I'm discussing.  But I'm now offline for the next 3 hours...

18. makemoneyonline profile image33
    makemoneyonlineposted 9 years ago

www.hubpages.com still doesn't work only http://hubpages.com

As for earnings it doesn't seem to have been affected smile

working