Where did hubpages go?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (22 posts)
  1. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

i couldnt get on for nearly an hour.....jimmy

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

There was a network problem at our co-location facility that caused an outage of a little less than an hour.  Their technicians are still trying to determine the root cause, but we are connected again now.

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

Thanks Paul, I am glad everything is ok there.....jimmy

4. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Me too! I was stressing! I had a great hub idea. I got all my pictures, ASINs, and wrote the hub, and refreshed and retyped the URL in tons of times. I was getting worried.

5. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

I was stressed too!  I thought maybe the IP department at work shut me off of HubPages... LOL

6. Whitney05 profile image82

Ha. I was trying different computers. Lol. Thinking that it was the connection because it's been storming this morning.

7. stephhicks68 profile image86

Yeah, I actually tried our home computer too, and no connection.  So I figured something was up..... (thank goodness I'm not in trouble at work)

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 16 years ago

From all the trouble I've had just getting to my account page and trying to work on some Hubs, I'd say they are still having problems even though the site is back up.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I'm having problems adding capsules and saving pictures and ASINs. Pooh

2. Olive S. profile image59
      Olive S.posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Same here, I was writing a hub to and nearly done when another page cam eup and said,'' HubPages Down, click here to return to hubpages.'' I clicked then had trouble accessing my account and lost my hub. sad

9. amy jane profile image72
    amy janeposted 16 years ago

I was in a panic too.  Shows how deeply addicted I am!

10. stephhicks68 profile image86

The lost hour for me this morning basically took away my writing time to finish a Hub.  Plus, the connection keeps going down -  "scheduled upgrades," you know.  I doubt I can finish my second "books" hub on time now.  *sigh*  I'm not really in the running for the contest, so this is not a contest complaint.  Just venting, I guess.

11. singingmommy profile image73
    singingmommyposted 16 years ago

I have not been able to get hubpages through the address bar, it says it's not available or does not exist. It brings up search engine choices, but the home page still won't go through, the FAQ page will open. I have been accessing hubpages through my yahoo e-mail.

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Yeah.  I have two hubs ready to be published, and one written but not in capsules yet.  It's worrying.

13. Whitney05 profile image82

The main thing I'm having problems with is amazon capsules not pulling in the ASINs. I have a hub from last night, that's no longer showing the amazon books.

1. stephhicks68 profile image86
      stephhicks68posted 16 years agoin reply to this

I'm having the same problems!  My amazon capsules are there, but empty

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Same exact thing for me.  Blek.

14. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years ago

It's snowing and blizzarding outside so I thought problems were on my side of the universe. I'm glad hubpages is back. I was away from home for a few days and not able to write.My withdrawel symptoms have made me knaw my fingers off as far as the knuckels. It's going to be really tough using the keyboard until they grow back. (Hehe) Zs

15. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

There are still some network issues happening at our co-location facility.  Until they resolve the problem HubPages may be a little slow, and Ebay and Amazon capsules may be empty (since a flaky network won't allow us to fetch the data from Ebay and Amazon quickly enough).  Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

16. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 16 years ago

Thanks for the updates. I about had a heart attack this morning when I hit "save unpublished" and several hours worth of work vanished into a "timed out" page. Fortunately I only had to redo the last few changes I'd made. I'm still having some problems with Amazon capsules, but I'm glad to hear they're being worked on.

17. stephhicks68 profile image86

I just published my hub without the amazon capsules.  I'll need to put them in so that readers know where to get the books that I'm discussing.  But I'm now offline for the next 3 hours...

18. makemoneyonline profile image39
    makemoneyonlineposted 16 years ago

www.hubpages.com still doesn't work only http://hubpages.com

As for earnings it doesn't seem to have been affected smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)