jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)

Have you changed your mind about Hub Pro after hearing of a hub going viral that

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago

Have you changed your mind about Hub Pro after hearing of a hub going viral that Hub Pro edited?

I saw where Hubber blessedmommy's hub on the military three-day diet went viral after eing edited by Hub Pro.  Of course, her hub was already a big success, but now ... When I initially read about Hub Pro, I guess I did not understand its purpose when a hub was already successful.  Well, I do now. I opted out being that I really did not understand it and they said I was eligible.  I thought that meant they were trying to "fix" bad hubs, but now I understand it is the really good ones they want to push over the top.  What are your thoughts now on Hub Pro?  Thank you for answering.

2. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 2 years ago

I've never understood HubPro to be truthful. I opted out.  That Hub that went viral has had a lot of exposure.  It still appears to the right of the feed even after two months!

Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mary, yes, I opted out too for I really did not understand the program.  However, there may be something to it, even if a hub is already successful and I am guessing that means it could go viral?  So lovely to see you!

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I can't remember who but just several weeks ago that someone had their hub done that way and claimed they really messed it up. Do you recall that? It seems it was someone we trusted to be truthful. ?

3. Faith Reaper profile image89

Hi Jackie, yes, I do remember something about that too.

3. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

To be honest, I don't really understand what HUB PRO means. Can anyone please with knowledge help explain what it does?

Hi Linda, well, under your profile edit page, there is where one can opt in or out.  Not sure if it is still there. The really good hubs that already bring good traffic, they have a "Pro" editor to make suggestions to your hub to get even more views.

4. bravewarrior profile image94
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

I'm still not interested in having HubPro mess with my work. I'm not saying my articles are perfect but I'd rather they be totally mine. I think I've done enough research to know how to write a good hub. I'd like them to stand on their own merit.

Hi Sha, that is pretty much how I feel, for if someone edited it, it would not feel like my own hub. Yes, it seems they are choosing the really good hubs that get a lot of traffic, and then want to bump them up to get even more by rearranging it?

5. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

Isn't it amazing that we are such a mixed bunch of people from different parts of the world, and yet we chat as the best of friends!

I say this because all the above seem to have had much resistance to attaining HubPro.  I guess you are all highly successful already.

Yet I jumped on it, and would really love to have them edit one of mine, yet it has never been offered.  Go figure. . .!

Hi Marie, yes, we are indeed. I opted out for the same reasons all have stated here. However, I do not really write for money.  I can see how that may weigh in a bit, but not really for me. If you have a really popular hub, then they may choose it.

6. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Nope. I still don't feel that any of the articles I have remaining on HP would benefit from Hub Pro.

Hi Lisa, yes, I understand for I am sure they would have to be those that HP really love as far as "How To" hubs, I am assuming.  Thank you for answering.

7. ronbergeron profile image85
    ronbergeronposted 2 years ago

I'm not at all interested in Hub Pro. I don't want someone else's words attributed to my name. If Hub Pro sent a list of suggestions and recommendations for changes, I'd be perfectly happy with that. However, I don't want someone else to change what I've written and force me to change it back if I'm not happy with it.

In other words, if I could approve changes I like BEFORE they're made, it would be OK. Having to reverse changes I don't like AFTER they're made doesn't work for me.

Hi Ron, that's a good way to put it, being I would not want my words changed either. You have a really great idea there about Hub Pro sending a list of suggestions. Oh, I didn't know about BEFORE and AFTER. Thank you for the great answer here.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

As they say on "Family Feud" game show: "Goo Dancer, goo dancer!"
      I feel the same as Ron does about the whole thing.

8. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

I don't think I opted out, but I may have. I'm a professional editor and I would like to see HubPro edit one of mine. I would be curious to see what they would do with it.

Hi MizB, Wow, yes, that would be interesting to see how they editor a professional editor's hub!  Do they notify you in advance and you get to work with them, do you know?

9. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Like any other program there are good points and not so good. I opted out in the beginning and have not changed my mind. I am happy with my hubs the way they are - expressing my own creativity and thoughts.

Hi Phyllis, that is exactly how I feel with the freedom to be my own creative self and expressing my own thoughts  and how I see fit.  Thank you for answering!

working