jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How do you choose BEST ANSWER?

1. MarieLB profile image81
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

How do you choose BEST ANSWER?

Yes, how DO you choose the best answer?  Do you go for the one that mirrors your thoughts, the most interesting one, or the one that seems so well researched?  And do tell me please, how do you handle it when you feel that you wish you could choose more than one answer as the Best?  Yes, I know the meaning of best, but there are different reasons why more than one can be called "Top" answer.

2. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

I just choose the answer I like the best and the one that most closely answers the question.
    So many people just never seem to answer the question! They just type in a diatribe or they copy/paste something that looks like spam.

MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Austinstar, I like your straightforward method.  The problem I have is that sometimes I like more than one of them.

2. Austinstar profile image87
      Austinstarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Just go with your feelings. You can tell both people that their answer was the "best", but you picked answer A because it had the most comments or it was first In line or whatever.

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

True, sometimes more than one answer is quite reasonable. In this case, you still choose one, naturally, but commend the other or others. One should be graceful in one's answer anyway.

As for choosing the best. Does it gel with you? Does it answer your question? (It may not be what you asked) Do you feel that it is worthy and deserving? have you learnt from it? Is what I'm saying now making any sense? Is it useful?
    We can only be pointers or catalyst. Go within, reflect in Silence, then be true to yourself in your answers. Hari Om!

MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi manatita44,  How well you have covered the subject! Thank You.  I like the point you make ". . .be graceful in one's answer. . ". I would  like to choose one as best answer and ". . .commend the others. . .".  Tell me please HOW to commend others.

2. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Commend by telling them that you like their answer. You may also highlight their good points. Then say sorry that you can only choose one. We are more understanding than you think, perhaps. Again, you will never please all.

4. MarieLB profile image81
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

To Austinstar and To manatita44. . .

Thank you both.  Each of you have answered many of my questions and what you said has helped me. I don't go for the competitive system, and I prefer the collaborative attitude.

Thanks again.  You're tops.

Closed to reply

working