jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

What would you do if you found out a published book plagiarized & stole your hu

1. WiccanSage profile image96
    WiccanSageposted 18 months ago

What would you do if you found out a published book plagiarized & stole  your hub?

Because I've been tipped off that this is the case with a hardcover book selling on Amazon. According to the tip, it's word for word.

2. LillyGrillzit profile image80
    LillyGrillzitposted 18 months ago

Notify Amazon. If you can prove it, and they have made any sales, it will come back to you.

WiccanSageposted 18 months agoin reply to this

It was published by a Canadian publisher (not Amazon). They're just selling it on Amazon, and elsewhere of course, but I found it on Amazon, I'm ordering  a copy to see for myself.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 18 months ago

I personally would be OK with it. They were able to do something with it that I couldn't do, publish it.

As far as my hubs, I encourage people to use them with my persmission.

Really? Plagiarism and copyright infringement? I make a full-time living as a writer; it's hard for me to be okay with it, it burns me up yikes)

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Mackenzie
      Why couldn't you publish it?

3. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I can't believe your answer! After all, this is a writing website.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Are you really sure? What have you written that is worthy of being published? If you can make a living off of hp then you don't need the money. Don't Hillary Clinton me, read my comment, If I cn publish it then I don't care.

4. FitnezzJim profile image83
    FitnezzJimposted 18 months ago

Is it being sold by a well established and respected publisher?  And, how well is it selling?

Seems fairly established, selling in hardcover, online outlets & bookstores. Crazy, right?

2. FitnezzJim profile image83
      FitnezzJimposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Tamara appears to have the approach I'd be most likely to try.  I'd also suggest talking to HubPages about support in proving your claim.  My guess is one of your readers will know how to contact them.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 18 months ago

I agree with one of the earlier posters - get a copy of the book and PDF of your hub and tell Amazon it is plagiarized with the proof of that in hand/email.

TY!

6. OldRoses profile image95
    OldRosesposted 18 months ago

First you have to confirm that the tip is correct.  If it is correct, then you need to contact the author, the publisher, Amazon and Hub Pages.  Your hubs are copyrighted so this is considered copyright infringement.   You have grounds for legal action.

working