What is happening on HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 years ago

What is happening on HubPages?

Here is one hacker boasting of his capabilities. I found this comment just now on my freshly published hub.
    braeckmansj 7 minutes ago
    "Do you know that you can hack any ATM machine !!!
    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be used to hack any ATM machine, this ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, stores and outlets. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the cards has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 in ATM and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores. and also if you in need of any other cyber hacking services, we are here "

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

This is deplorable. If this hacker left a link in the comment they should be reported so something can be done to stop them.

Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, he didn't give any link. He mentioned some email id to contact him. But, I deleted the comment after posting here.

2. Kiss andTales profile image60
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

He should have never had the power in the first place. If people are stealing hubs . no telling what else is being stolen .people must protect themselves no matter what sight it is.
      Sorry but it boils down to criminals everwhere.

3. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

Maybe its a detective trying to see who will take the baite.
    Lately it has been some strange names coming on with empty hubs and friends and backgrounds.

I don't think anybody will dare like that to induce somebody and then himself fall a prey to all kind of criticism and ban.
      Somebody is intentional in seeking clients for his criminal activities.

2. Kiss andTales profile image60
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well it does not mean people who come on by a name are who they say they are.
      They get an account and then they do the damage.  Some just right out tell you what they are up to. One guy came on and threaten all christains and some laughed and agree

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years ago

This is spam and should be reported as such.  However, before doing that, you should contact the police and send them whatever info they have.  Also contact the team and ask them to do the same.  Don't delete the comment until you have done all of this.

Sorry, TT2. I have already deleted it forever fearing that I might be assumed as encouraging such illegal and unlawful  notifications appear on my pages.
      I couldn't even post the entire message here as HP took only 600 words. He provided all rates.

5. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 years ago

I wonder why HP should allow such postings take place on their site. They have already categorized it as a spam and even then allowed it to be published there damaging the reputation of their prestigious website.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Spam often slips through the cracks, but once we report it, the team removes it immediately.

6. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

Sounds like BS to me, probably some elaborate story to get you to purchase a card that doesn't exist/doesn't work or to willingly send your credit card info. Just another scam.  They're everywhere on the Internet and it's really hard for sites where people can make accounts to weed them out.  Just delete or report and move on.

Yes, that's why I put it here for the knowledge of all. Thereafter, I deleted the message also.

2. MarieLB profile image74
      MarieLBposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Aime.  They have saturated the phones, now they have to find different avenues.  I would have done the same as you Venkatachari M.  Safety first.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

It's just spam, dude. It happens to everybody here once in a while. No need to blow a blood vessel over it. Just delete it and move on with your life.

Okay, Okay. I thought of bringing it to everyone's eye so that they may know.
      But, there should be some mechanism to block such things happen either here or at any other site.

8. Mel Carriere profile image87
    Mel Carriereposted 7 years ago

I have been followed by a lot of obvious spammers lately.  I believe Hub Pages does a pretty good job of weeding these bad seeds out of our garden here, but we need to report them.

9. manatita44 profile image69
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

I get odd comments from time to time and they seem to be dull, ignorant people. A bit like those who come into your e-mail and promise you the world. SCAMS!!

I support you taking this seriously, though. In reality, I feel that this can definitely be done and is being done. Generally, they are too smart to be so open.

Go away and return in 20 - 30 years, and you will be surprised! man is tapping into the inner Source and it can sometimes be used in a very negative way. Ultimately, the Divine Forces will prevail. Hari Om!

I agree with you. But, sometimes, I get much irritated and think how can such activities be allowed by people or can be indulged in by them (some)?

2. manatita44 profile image69
      manatita44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Human Consciousness is very low. We killed Christ and burned the Saints. We are moving from the animal to the human (many of us) and God needs you, me and others as necessary branches to do what we can. I hear you though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)