jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is Hubpages full of trolls?

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 11 months ago

Is Hubpages full of trolls?

Or is it that the Trolls are the most vocal?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13452080_f260.jpg

2. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 11 months ago

If by trolls you mean those adorable cartoon characters of all shapes and sizes. Colours creed and walks of life, then yes. I love commenting on hubs, you never know who is reading, listening and learning. I love being helpful, mindful and being asked to give an opinion or offer help. If being part of HubPages community makes me a troll then iam all in. By the way, isn't participating what this page is about.? If not, what are you here for? Or are you trying to bait people, making you the troll?

ptosisposted 11 months agoin reply to this

ach, you got  me. I've been nabbed. smile

2. Terrielynn1 profile image93
      Terrielynn1posted 11 months agoin reply to this

LoL

3. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 11 months ago

Believe it or not, this is not exactly an easy question to answer. The term for Troll tends to be very vague (someone who intends to disrupt conversations or insult for the sake of insulting others on the Internet) and can be misinterpreted with other Internet personas such "Big Man on the Internet" or "Prowler" or "Cyber-bully."  The forum and Q&A are littered with people that can fit these personas. Another tough thing is that many who have been accused of trolling don't believe they are trolls and will express it (and let's not forget that there are some very ideological hubbers who believe anyone that doesn't agree ideologically with them or don't answer the questions with the answers they want will cal lout their opponents as being trolls).
    I can't say with certainty that there are a lot of trolls on Hubpages; however, some of the most vocal dissenters and "disruptors" on this site are the ones who have contributed the fewest amount of hubs to the site (then again, I may be overgeneralizing on that).

4. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 11 months ago

Hey Ptosis. First, not using your actual name is basic Troll 101. Hi whoever the hell you are I am Eric Dierker and I live in SoCal.
    But I know you are not a troll. OTOH I am a troll with close to 1,000 hubs and my real name.
    Troll sounds like wiretap. Or better, liberal or conservative. What a label.

With all that said -- yes we have some quite outstanding trolls. They are very strange creatures. I figure most should be on helpful drugs, lay off the booze and pot and psychodelics and return to real earth.
    But like a said I am a troll so whatever.

ptosisposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for great answer.

2. Ericdierker profile image58
      Ericdierkerposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Ptosis, Happy Trolling!

working