jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Help Me Pimp My Hub!

1. Gregg Biancci profile image68
    Gregg Biancciposted 7 years ago

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has some advice on improving this hub - http://hubpages.com/hub/25-Ways-To-Get- … Ready-Body - any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

1. aware profile image71
      awareposted 7 years ago in reply to this

more sit ups bro . more sit ups.

2. Alessia Amnesia profile image56
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago

Hi, Gregg.

I think the hub is excellent, but I suggest explaining each tip more thoroughly. I also suggest taking the little introduction about yourself out. It reminded me of the late night infomercial ads I see all the time, no offense. You can put that introduction into your profile though and it will look more professional. Good luck smile

Gregg Biancciposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Stuck a different intro in there.  Also, on the length of the tips - I realize they could be longer, however, I could probably write a whole hub on each one so I thought I would just regulate them to 2-5 sentences!   Thanks again for the suggestions.

3. Gregg Biancci profile image68
    Gregg Biancciposted 7 years ago

Great, I'll put together a better intro - thanks!

4. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 7 years ago

Help Me Pimp My Hub!

nope

yikes

5. aware profile image71
    awareposted 7 years ago

oh hub. my bad. i thought you were asking about you profile pic. lol

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages Gregg smile I think your Hub is well done and nothing wrong with the pic. Broad shoulders are very sexy least I think so tongue lol

Hehe, thanks.

7. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Gregg, your Hub has good content but a couple of points need attention:

1.  The photo is illegal - it's listed on Flickr as "all rights reserved" which means it can't be used (unless of course you've contacted the photographer and he's expressly given you permission).

To find photos you can use, use the Advanced Search on Flickr and make sure you tick "Creative Commons" and "for commercial use".

2.  You can have only 2 links to the same website.  I didn't check all your links but on the surface, it looks like you  have four links to the same site.  That means your site will shortly get flagged and unpublished for being overly promotional - so I'd lose two of the links quick smart.

BTW I think you've taken the right approach with the tips - the Hub is verging on being too long as it is!  Either keep them as they are, or you could consider splitting the Hub into two Hubs.

Thanks for having a look at it.   I will look into getting a picture - stat, for now I'll take that one down.

The links are different, 2 go to a hub and 2 go to a completely different website, as far as I understand that's kosher.

Thanks again, I appreciate the suggestions!

8. Urbane Chaos profile image89
    Urbane Chaosposted 7 years ago

Regarding pictures...

I built a website a long time ago and filled it full of pictures that I found online.  Stupid, yes, but really, I didn't know any better.  Ok, actually, I did, but I just didn't care.. and it got me into a lot of trouble - ended up having to shut the website down because of all of that. 

Anyway, the comment on using flickr is perfect.  I get a lot of pictures from there, but I always try to shoot the author a note letting them know where the picture was used.

I'll give you a couple more sites for pictures, as I've found that flickr doesn't always have what I'm looking for.

http://www.everystockphoto.com/  - a pretty damn good site, just make sure to check the license first.  Some will ask you to attribute the picture to the author.

http://creativecommons.org/image/
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Both of the above sites have search engines for creative commons licensed images (and other media).  I've used them quite often, and usually can find what I'm looking for.

Typically, I avoid photobucket and other sites similar to that.  Many times, it's hard to tell what the license is.

My friend, I wish you the best..

Gotta run, got boats to build..

working