jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Valentine Rant and Un-Romantic Poetry - 4 Love.

1. Gloriousconfusion profile image86
    Gloriousconfusionposted 5 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Valentine Rant and Un-Romantic Poetry - 4 Love Poems by Diana Grant. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

I've gone through it, and spent some hours on it yesterday, but it is still unfeatured, so any help would be greatefully received.

2. Gregory DeVictor profile image97
    Gregory DeVictorposted 5 days ago

You wrote: “To my mind, it is a great big marketing event, with simpering hearts and twee teddy bear or other anthropomorphic animal cards, dreamed up to appeal to gullible teenagers - and I do mean teenagers of any age, from 8 to 80 - who then count their desirability and popularity by the number of cards, roses and chocolates they receive, not to mention diamonds promoted by the diamond trade.”

This is a run-on sentence that needs to be broken into smaller components.

Gloriousconfusionposted 4 days agoin reply to this

Thanks, I've now broken it up as you suggested.

3. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image99
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 5 days ago

The problem could be the links to your Zazzle postcards. They are considered self-promotional by HP.
    Try removing the links and the associated pictures and then resubmit.

Thanks, I've removed all but one now

4. AliciaC profile image98
    AliciaCposted 5 days ago

Hi, Gloriousconfusion. I'll share the three problems that I noticed. The large amount of blue text in the article looks strange. You've linked to the "How to Write a Villanelle" site twice—once in the article and once at the end. As Beth says, the ads for your Zazzle creations are promotional and should be removed.

Thanks, I've changed the headings as you suggested, removed the watermarked card and substituted one from Wikipedia and cut out one of the "How to Write a Vilanelle" links. I have retained the one Romantic Zazzle picture (Eglantine), as it's quite fun. Do you think it's OK?

1. AliciaC profile image98
        AliciaCposted 4 days agoin reply to this

The article looks much better. The Eglantine photo is definitely fun, but I think it might be a problem because the "Source" links to your Zazzle account.

5. DrMark1961 profile image98
    DrMark1961posted 4 days ago

Those subtitles are way too long and not helpful.
    Images with a watermark are not acceptable. (Victoria Valentine Card.)
    The Afghan link has nothing to do with the title.
    I agree with the comment by Alicia C. Those Zazzle links are not helpful to the article.

Oh, and I've removed the Afghan link - maybe a  bit too political for this sort of article.

1. Gregory DeVictor profile image97
        Gregory DeVictorposted 4 days agoin reply to this

Looks just fine.

working