jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Homemade Chicken Roll

1. rhia_alva profile image75
    rhia_alvaposted 6 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Homemade Chicken Roll. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. AliciaC profile image100
    AliciaCposted 6 weeks ago

Hi. The recipe in your article is interesting, but I noticed several problems that might have prevented the article from passing the Quality Assessment Process. The writing on the photos looks promotional. The second photo looks blurred. The presence of the Amazon capsule at the end seems unnecessary because people can buy milk from their local grocery store.

3. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
    Gregory DeVictorposted 6 weeks ago

Unfortunately, your hub is too short because articles should be at least 1,000 words. You need to add more quality content and not just filler material.

Your section heading must be shortened into a clear, complete, and concise statement. In addition, all words in a section heading must be capitalized with the exception of definite and indefinite articles, conjunctions, and prepositions.

Your links to other hubs might be thought of as self-promotion.

You wrote:

6 pcs Chicken Breast, deboned, skinless, butterfly cut
    6 slices Processed Cheese, sliced thinly
    1 pc Carrot, Julliened
    1 pc Red or green bell pepper, Julliened
    Pickles, Julliened
    1 Egg, Medium sized
    1/2 cup Fresh milk
    1/2 tsp White pepper
    1/2 Salt
    Oil, For frying

Please be consistent regarding capitalized words. Why are some of your words capitalized while others are not?  None of the words above need to be capitalized except for oil and pickles.

You wrote:

1/2 Salt
    1/2 what? Teaspoon, liter, gallon?

1. DrMark1961 profile image100
      DrMark1961posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

1000 words for a short recipe is neither a requirement nor is it necessary.

4. daydreams profile image98
    daydreamsposted 6 weeks ago

Remove the random Amazon capsule and the other random links to your own hubs and then proofread.
    I think the length is ok for a recipe.

5. Marketing Merit profile image96
    Marketing Meritposted 6 weeks ago

As others have said, the photos are blurred and contain links which are considered promotional. Replace these with photos taken as you make the recipe.

The Amazon capsule should be removed, as it is of little benefit to the reader.

Finally, remove the intext links to other hubs under the words chicken, chef and cheese. I think it's fair to assume that most people know what these are and no further clarification is required.

Hope this helps.

6. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 6 weeks ago

Some good specific advice on this hub has already been offered. Here are a few more tips:

Proofing your own work with an extremely critical eye and ear is a skill you want to develop.

Reading others' articles will help you learn about writing and allow you to compare your own work to both good writing and bad. 

One thing that divides good writers from bad ones is a desire to continually improve their writing skills.

7. rhia_alva profile image75
    rhia_alvaposted 6 weeks ago

Thank you hubbers. Great help.

working