Where do you post your links to your Articles?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. JoannaBlackburn profile image79
    JoannaBlackburnposted 6 years ago

Besides Facebook and Linkedin, where do you post links to your articles?

I post mine on Alignable, SheWrites and Levo.  That this might be a good resource for everyone to find new places to post your links.

1. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image89
      Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi,

How do you post links on SheWrites? The site seems to be mostly articles.

Thanks!
      Teeuwynn

2. liesl5858 profile image81
      liesl5858posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I only post mine on Facebook. Maybe I should try other sites.

3. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you spent the time improving your articles so that they would be moved to a niche site, you would not need to add dubious links at sites like that.
      If your articles are good, you will have plenty of natural links. That is what Google is looking for to rank your article.

1. theraggededge profile image87
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, backlinking is so old big_smile

2. JoannaBlackburn profile image79
        JoannaBlackburnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This conversation was meant to be a friendly exchange of resources.  Not to be rude to others by implying their articles are no good. Or that what they do is outdated.  If you don't have a resource just don't comment.  Thank you.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image90
          Chriswillman90posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I didn't think it was rude, more like constructive criticism from a very successful Hubber.

I definitely agree with him about improving your hubs so that they appear on the niche sites, most hubbers have had great success once their articles got transferred.

As far as link building goes, Pinterest has probably had the most legs and is the most beneficial. Facebook tends to be fleeting unless you're really connected and ahead of the curve.

Facebook may also have even bigger problems now after its recent controversies.

2. DrMark1961 profile image97
          DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I was not being rude. If you prefer to be ignorant of changes in the internet and how to garner more traffic that it your choice. If you prefer to learn what methods you can use to get more traffic I pointed them out to you. If you are not able to handle a discussion as an adult then perhaps one of those other sites is really the best place for you.

1. theraggededge profile image87
            theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There's a lot of it about. It seems we must add sweet words and smiley faces in order that people don't react with a negative emotional response to a factual comment.

I saw four pieces of pertinent and relevant information in your original comment.

1. Instead of spending time chasing social media, spend it on improving hubs, so that...
            2. They are moved to the niche sites, and...
            3. Written well, they will have plenty of natural keywords, which...
            4. Attracts organic traffic and also gets other people to share articles.

I reckon it was the best advice given on the thread so far.

Smiley face smile

2. Cynthia Hoover profile image91
    Cynthia Hooverposted 6 years ago

I actually have never posted on Linkedin so I will give that a try. I do post on Twitter, Facebook, Flip-board, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram. The majority of my views from shares seem to be Facebook and Pinterest right now. I did have a huge spike last year from Flip-board but it was short lived. I also post on my personal Facebook, as well as a fan-page on Facebook.

I use a social sharing app that posts for me to all channels I choose at once and schedules the posts for peak times/optimum performance. I wish I had started using it sooner it saves a lot of time being able to create a single post to share to multiple channels at once, though it does not post to all my social channels it takes care of the bulk of them.

I hadn't heard of clipboard will have to check it out.

3. JoannaBlackburn profile image79

Auto correct changed that.  Flip-board

4. JoannaBlackburn profile image79

In your status post

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Outside of Pinterest, with a MFP photo just for the purpose, I don't.  I haven't found any other source to provide any lasting traffic at all, and it isn't worth the effort for a handful of views.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'm in hundreds of Facebook groups which are for subjects I write about. I post my links in those groups. I find that the effort is totally worth it, though the traffic boost is not sustained, it appears to boost my metrics. How could it not? People read the entire article after landing on it, they comment in depth about the things, this is how I find some success.

I totally agree with you.  Those groups read it and share it for days.  Then their friends read it and share it.  I found out about those groups last month and my views have went crazy.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

As Wesman says, the boost is not sustained.  It's a problem when you need to find a dozen new sites for 200 articles each month or so and keep posting links. 

Out of 5,000,000 views, 70,000 (1%) are from Pinterest, another 20,000 (0.4%) are from flipboard, a little under a half million are from HubPages and the rest are search engine referrals.  You need to make friends with Google, not spend your time posting backlinks.

1. Titia profile image91
          Titiaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

1+

7. Cynthia Hoover profile image91
    Cynthia Hooverposted 6 years ago

I always share to social channels at least once, simply because I do have large social followings on several channels. My social channels area also linked to my HubPages account so that readers who do not want to sign up with a user account on HubPages can still follow me if they choose. Sharing to social channels is a great way to engage with my readers who enjoy starting a conversation on them but do not care to do so on HubPages. To get updated via email on when a hubber posts a new hub you must create an account to follow them (at least last I checked, pending any updates I missed). For me personally sharing to social channels is more for the engagement and socialization than it is for simply just for the views I may get. Many of my hubs are featured on niche sites and I still shared them on social channels. I do not really think anyone was rude in the comments above, as lots of people may indeed think they can spiral some viral traffic out of social shares.  Flipboard has been a big traffic source for me and I initially had no idea what it even was until I saw the thousands of views coming from it because someone read one of my hubs and ‘flipped’ it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)