jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Referral Program at HubPages

1. Life at DrTom's profile image77
    Life at DrTom'sposted 7 years ago

I haven't seen any discussion of how much the referral program can help your earnings here.  Say, if you had 20 authors who you brought into HubPages, and they were moderately prolific, would that help your earnings much?

1. Rik Ravado profile image91
      Rik Ravadoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've been here 2 years and get 50-80% of my earnings from Referrals.  I have 70 signups with 844 hubs while I only have 75 hubs that are mine.  The answer is signups are well worth it.

I simply put a link on my hubs encouraging readers to sign up.  I don't actively seek referrals by emailing friends etc.

2. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How many Hubs is "moderately prolific?"  Were they quality Hubs and did those people get their HubScores above 75, or are they poor quality authors with low scores?

Only 10% of the people who've signed up via my referrals went on to make Hubs and get a score high enough that their outgoing links are marked "dofollow."  And of that 10% only one person is what I would consider prolific in any sense of the word.

So in all likelihood, you aren't going to be getting rich off your referrals

2. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

It's worth it. But if you had 20 referrals you might only have 1 or 2 that will be active.

1. Rik Ravado profile image91
      Rik Ravadoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  Most of my referrals haven't written a single hub.  And only 2 have written more that 20 hubs (luckily I have one that has written over 500 and another that has around 200 hubs).  Its really a bit of a lottery!

The trick is to find a way of recruiting excellent writers who will be prolific and also understand SEO, use good keywords etc.

If you work out how to do that, let me know!

3. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

how do you know how many referrals you have?

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this
      1. Sue Adams profile image95
        Sue Adamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks again Darkside

1. darkside profile image81
          darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.

You can create custom trackers. What I do is have separate trackers for different sites, so I can see how much traffic is coming to my hubs via that tracker and also how many people have eventually signed up to HubPages.

4. jimmythejock profile image89
    jimmythejockposted 7 years ago

Hi drtoms, i wrote a hub a whileback about referral trackers which I hope may be of some help to you.....jimmy
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-goo … n-HubPages

5. Life at DrTom's profile image77
    Life at DrTom'sposted 7 years ago

Thanks folks.  Jimmy, I read your post on trackers.  I need to read these descriptions several times and in different ways, then it sinks in.  I am trying to get former students of mine to sign up here.  Many of them like to write, and they can be interesting, given their travels etc.  We will see.

6. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I have only had three referals, none of which actually wrote anything sad

However if anyone does want to sign up through my referal link get in touch! big_smile

I am sure it is a great way to earn some extra cash, but you probably have to write to gain referals, I try to write for sales tongue

working