Ad-Spy shows someone else as the adsense publisher on my hubs!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Zizish profile image51
    Zizishposted 8 years ago

    It was bad enough, that I can't tell where some of revenue is coming from inside my Adsense account  - because while much of it is linked to sites outside of HubPages that I set up, there is some from unspecified locations (no channels indicated.)

    I'm REALLY flummoxed on How to Set Up Channels for My Hubs inside of Adsense.

    But what really got me today was when I opened my HubPage in Firefox and my SEOQUAKE toolbar ran an Adspy.

    The adsense publisher ID associated with my Hub Page and other's I checked was not mine.

    pub-6958755572607374

    It says there are 187 other sites associated with this advertiser's Adsense ID. (That's what got my attention, I don't have that many sites.)

    I've entered my correct Pub-ID in the affiliate spot under my account. Inside Adsense it says I have a relationship with Publisher HubPages - revenue share, they (Hub) get 0%.

  2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

    Your Adsense ID will only show up on your hub 60% of the time, the other 40% should be HubPages'ID.  I don't know if that is their ID though.

  3. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

    I just checked one of my hubs and I had the ID you published on my ads, I came back here to check the number, went back and opened the same hub again and now the number had changed to my own ID number.  I'm going to have to assume that is HubPages' ID number for their 40% of the time.

    http://hubpages.com/faq/#revenue

  4. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 8 years ago

    That is HubPages Inc's Adsense Publisher ID.

    There is a chance of having four Adsense Publisher ID's running on a page, but not all at the same time.

    1) The Hubber.
    2) HubPages
    3) Your Referrer (if you signed up via someone else through a tracking URL)
    4) Traffic Referrer (if someone is sending traffic to your hub via a tracking URL).

    You'll always get 60% of the ad impressions. The other 40% is shared by HP HQ and the other two referrers, if applicable.

  5. mel22 profile image58
    mel22posted 8 years ago

    what darkside said... but... also... about the fluxxomed about adsense channel setup...click the link to one of my visual references on how to set up adsense.. makes a ton easier than explaining ,to actually see...http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/402#post648675 you'll copy the individual urls from the browser address bar and paste to where i show you on the visual link.. hope that helps

  6. chandrakant2 profile image47
    chandrakant2posted 8 years ago

    do hubpages permit me to add my friend adsense publisher id..

 
working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)