An Interesting Ending

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

This is the last week of an intense medical treatment my husband has been going through for a year.
    Whew.
    Anyone who has gone through treatment, or anyone who has lived with a loved one going through any major treatment, knows how much it affects every part of your life - physically, mentally, and psychologically.
    It has been quite a year, often very difficult.  Our relationship has really gone through a lot of changes, and sometimes I wonder if surviving this segment of our marriage will help us through difficult times in the future.
    Anyway, as this is the last week...I am feeling a lot of emotions, a lot like when he was first diagnosed (I'm not sharing his condition here out of respect of his privacy).  But I just feel like we are so blessed that this happened at a time when I was employed somewhere that offers medical insurance--otherwise, we never would have been able to afford this.

So, I'm asking that all of you take this opportunity to reflect on the many blessings in your life.  I know I am.

2. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 16 years ago

wow, stacie, thanks for your openness. I'll keep you and your husband in my prayers

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Good luck to your family, Stacie smile

4. Peter M. Lopez profile image70
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

Congrats to both you guys for making it through.  I don't doubt for a second you both will come through this stronger and closer.

5. elisabeth reid profile image66
    elisabeth reidposted 16 years ago

Congratulations on the milestone.  Sometimes endings are sad, sometimes bittersweet...this sounds like a good ending and it sounds like you've used the trials the experience has presented as a way to grow stronger in all ways -- physically, emotionally, individually, as a couple and as a family.

I sincerely hope things continue to go well for you and for your husband and your family.  You're in my thoughts.

6. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts, Stacie. I hope things look much brighter for you both.

7. cflynn profile image72
    cflynnposted 16 years ago

Hi Stacie

best wishes to you and your husband.
    We all need a reminder to count our blessings and look after our health, so thank you for that.

Caitriona

8. funride profile image66
    funrideposted 16 years ago

There is nothing more important in life than our family health, I just can imagine what you both have been through and I´m glad that everything is coming to a positive ending.

I´m honored to belong hubpages community http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_3_3.gif where people can express their feelings and get such positive reactions from others.

I´m also a blessed person, thank you for remember me that Stacie http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_16.gif.

9. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years ago

A very wise friend of mine told me long ago that everyday before he goes to bed he writes down three things to be thankful for in his little notepad on his nighttable. He said it helped him put the day into perspective. Stacie glad to see you have the same great outlook. Congrats to you both. regards Zsuzsy

Funride I am with you on it being an honor to be part of hubpages. Such fellowship is just great. zs

10. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

Stacie,  I wish you and your husband physical and emotional strength in the weeks and years ahead.  Most sincerely- Steph

11. robie2 profile image77
    robie2posted 16 years ago

Best Wishes, Stacie, and congratulations to you and your husband on reaching this milestone.  May the road ahead be a smoother, easier path for you both. And thanks too for reminding us all to count our blessings--for my money, people like you in the hubpages community are definitely blessings to be counted.

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Thanks everyone.

I've just been spending so much time on hubpages lately that I felt like sharing what I'm going through with the community.  It is just so important to remember life's blessings instead of always focusing on the negatives.  I love the idea of writing three things down every night.  What  a lovely thing to do.  I may take it up.

13. Inspirepub profile image70
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

Glad to know you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, Stacie.

I have a gratitude journal, and when I sit down to write in it there are always 20 things, not just three.

Sending positive energy your way,

Jenny

14. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Stacie.

My youngest daughter has a chronic illness that has seen us in hospitals for months on end, and the most difficult aspect for me, was not being able to do anything to help when the pain was so bad.  I don't wish the illness of a loved one on anybody!

The good news is that you're through the worst of it, and you can start moving forward again.

Very best wishes for both you and your husband.
    Shirley

P.S.  The gratitude journal really works, by the way.

15. Caryl Oliver profile image60
    Caryl Oliverposted 16 years ago

Stacie,

I have been caring for a chronically sick partner for nearly 10 years now and it is sometimes hard work to be the strong one all the time!

Everyone is full of sympathy and caring for the sick one without realising the burden carried by the carer but if that sick person appreciates you then nothing is really too much effort... and having the partner still with you is worth everything that you put in.

I hope your husband makes a full recovery and I know that you two will be stronger together by virtue of having shared this incredible journey.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)