Good News Anyone?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 122 discussions (459 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12241883.png
    I don't know about you, but I am so tired of reading or hearing of all the bad news going on in this world.  Surely, there is some good news out there in the world!  If you've read of something good, inspirational, positive, heartwarming, humans being kind to one another ...anything good, how about sharing it with us all here.  Let's flood this world with some good news for a change and keep this thread going with only good news.  My good news for this day is about a six-year-old, who spends three days a week getting dialysis treatment at University Hospital in San Antonio. Because of this, Matthew, a triplet, isn't able to join his brothers in their first-grade class every day. You ask, what's so good about that? Well, Matthew's teacher is donating a kidney!  Now that is awesome news!  How about you?  Do you have some good news to share, and it can even be good news you received in your personal life.

1. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

i have a good news, my son swallowed a 50cent coin on Valentines day. On 25th, he pooped out the coin ! No more misery! Never let your kids play with coins, even an 8 year old kiddo.

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What! Oh my goodness ...ouch, but at least relief now, so that is good news for all. I am glad he did not choke! What a Valentine's Day to remember or rather forget.

2. profile image0
        Lorelei Cohenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ha Peach Purple that is so funny. What a relief to I can imagine smile

Yes, what a great relief!

3. BigBlue54 profile image60
        BigBlue54posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I thought you were going to tell the joke about the boy who swallowing a coin.They took the boy to the doctor who examined him. Asked how the boy was the doctor said there was no change. :-D

Tee hee ...that is a funny joke.  Thanks for sharing.

1. BigBlue54 profile image60

Anytime. Always good to get a laugh.

2. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well Theresa,

Perhaps this one is to make us laugh. I got about $1000.00 from the Bank recently for mistakes that they made, if you like. The next day I got an invoice from the people who helped me for about $475.00 of it. Interesting.

Hi Manitita, well, that is still good news of a profit of about $525.00 ...I think. Well, on the other hand if the bank owed you a thousand ...hmm interesting. Isn't that the way it goes. Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend so far. Peace and blessings

1. manatita44 profile image71

Chuckle, chuckle ... he he, you're pretty good at figures! It is all Mother's, anyway. I'm sure you know. Have a great week-end. Peace.

3. moonlake profile image86
      moonlakeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's 25 here today and the sun is shinning.

Sunshine is always good news. It is a beautiful sunny day here too!

4. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I meant to post this news this morning Faith. I have been updating unfeatured Hubs.
      A man who had epilepsy but no seizures in 4 years decided to try skydiving. At 9000 ft. he had a seizure but his jumpmaster was watching and pulled the ripcord. The guy woke at 3000 ft. and landed safely.
      Here is a link to a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55QUQHm2B5A

Wow, Kevin, praise the Lord on that one!  Now, that is certainly good news and beyond!!!  Thank you for sharing.  I need to post some good news too.  I will do so shortly.  Blessings

5. Say Yes To Life profile image77
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In spite of being sick Thursday, to the point where I had to miss work Friday morning, I still had a great Saturday evening workout at the gym!  I'm so glad I tried it - I almost decided to skip!

Hello Say Yes to Life, I am so glad your Saturday was great and you were able to workout.  Feeling great is always a good thing!

6. profile image0
      moviesreviewsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Crime is going down

Oh really ... if it is, then that is good news for sure.

7. Romeos Quill profile image80
      Romeos Quillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There's plenty of good news on this social media network site Faith which is dedicated to bringing us such uplifting and hopeful stories from around the world:- 

https://www.facebook.com/thegoodnewsnetwork

I hope you are feeling well within yourself.
      Have a lovely evening;
      R.Q.

Well, look at you, Romeos, bringing the good news here.  Thank you for sharing such a positive and wonderful site!  It is good to see such a site that brings good news to the world.

Yes, I am feeling well within myself.  I hope you are as well.  Bless you

8. csmiravite-blogs profile image75
      csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I always have good news everday... waking up early in the morning, nice sun-shiny day, finishing an article, drinking a cold fruit juice, earning some spending money, a nice walk in the park, a sweet smile from a child, and being healthy, alive, and kicking!

That is awesome, and if we all really think about it, we all have much to be thankful for in this life, which indeed is all good news. Thank you, csmiravite.

9. MarieLB profile image76
      MarieLBposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faith Reaper.  What a great subject to introduce!! 

Now we have a string of good news to read.  Well done!!

Hi MarieLB,

Thank you for joining in to spread good news, whatever it is!

10. Ali Sulehria profile image61
      Ali Sulehriaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It was so good to know that Pakistan day parade was finally held after 7 long years. Cheers !

11. Rangoon House profile image88
      Rangoon Houseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think your good news story tops the day Faith Reaper. There are loving, generous, amazing people who dominate the bad news stories.

You are so kind, Rangoon House.  Thank you for that lovely comment.  Yes, I believe that there are loving, generous, amazing people out there who do their part to make this world a better place in which to live.  Peace and blessings

12. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image67
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 9 years agoin reply to this

For over a week I tried to think of good news to inform you and I could not think of any. Last night when I was watching the news I saw that someone had provided Pope Francis with a pizza! The pope loves pizza and he missed eating it.
      I am also pleased that Pope Francis spoke out against the polluting of our drinking water.

Hello J - R -Fr,

I am so glad you shared your news here!  That was truly sweet of someone to see that the Pope received a pizza.  It is important that we make strides in keeping our drinking water pure.

13. Rolly A Chabot profile image82
      Rolly A Chabotposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faith Reaper...
      Thanks for the positive thoughts and the good news... a blessing in itself... Good news for me is I woke up this morning with two blessings. They are my eyes and I can see His creation and read your words of encouragement my friend...

Blessings and Love from Canada

Oh, Rolly,

You are always such a blessing to all with your loving heart full of encouraging words for others.  Yes, we have so many blessings and each day that we open our eyes and able to breathe even one breath is good news! 

I know you are so thankful to have survived your long winter there and now hearing the birds singing.  It is a beautiful spring day here, nice and warm and sunny.

Blessings and love to you too.

Happy Easter weekend.  He is risen!

14. MarieLB profile image76

As Instagram user Kara Mary Alice said -“Just when you thought kindness was dead. Frances, you are a gem.”

A good news story to warm your heart. 
      http://resources3.news.com.au/images/20 … 2f883c.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/th … 303886610? utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Hi Marie, thank you sharing of such lovely acts of kindness. That same thing happened to me after my daughter was born a long time ago. I just had come out of the grocery store and was loading up my car and putting my daughter in her car seat. I must have placed my purse on top of the car and forgot about it before I drove off! Halfway home, I realized what I had done and went back to the parking lot to try to find my purse to no avail. So when I arrived home I told my husband what had happened and getting ready to call and cancel my cards, etc. My husband had a big smile on his face and was holding my purse! A man saw me put my purse on top off my car and drive off. He tried to get my attention. He saw my drivers license and returned it to my husband. This all happened after I had turned around and had gone back to the store. Everything was there and nothing stolen.

1. MarieLB profile image76

So good to read your story Faith.  Isn't it wonderful to have such people around?

There is much that is not good in our world, but gosh, there are also amazing people with much love and caring that they spread around.

Yes, indeed!  We seem to always hear about all the bad going on, so it is nice to hear of good people with good hearts helping others unselfishly.

15. MarieLB profile image76

30 APR 2015 - 11:01AM
      Source: SBS    30 APR 2015 - 9:48 AM  UPDATED 8 HOURS AGO

A Ray of Light in amongst the darkness.

We are all aware of the sad events in Nepal.  Hour by hour we are shown the devastation left behind Saturday’s mega earthquake – 7.8 magnitude. 

The house collapsed around Shyam Awal and his family.  He could not locate the 4 month old baby and called the rescuers.  They worked till late and hope was ebbing fast.  Still, they came back next morning.

In the meantime Shyam Awal was sure he’d heard the baby cry.  Was it so, or was he imagining it?

Even if they did find the child, what hope was there for an infant of a mere 4 months to survive 22 hours under that rubble, cold, hungry and thirsty, and no loving arms holding him?

Over 5,000 have died to date, and more than 10,000 are known to be injured.

But one tiny infant was unearthed, covered in dust but with no injuries.

For this one family, life is good.

Maybe that child is destined for great things?

*https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sbs%2Bbaby+Sonit+Awal
      *https://www.facebook.com/SBSHindi/posts/893967774000249

1. BigBlue54 profile image60

I am reminded of something similar which happened years ago.  An earthquake, which I think it was in Mexico, resulting in a hospital collapsing. They found a baby inside, still alive, and it was something like 25 days later.

Before the earthquake I was watching a broadcast by a BBC film crew who were on Everest. When the earthquake struck they were up near camp 1 amongst the crevices some of which were very deep. They survived but when they got back to base camp everything they had left behind had been flattened in an avalanche. All their equipment had been destroyed.

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Aw, Maria, thank you for sharing that miraculous event ... wow, four months old!

2. clivewilliams profile image71
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

I saved a bunch of money by switching to geico.

Saving money is great!

3. clivewilliams profile image71
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

We are still alive!

Amen on that one!  I am grateful for every breath for sure.

2. manatita44 profile image71

Sweet, Clive, sweet. Alleyuia!

4. aesta1 profile image92
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

My nephew's wife gave birth to their first baby, a boy. My friend gave birth to a baby girl. New birth is always a joy especially for those trying to have one.

Wow aesta!  That is very good news indeed, two new little lives entering the world.  May they be blessed and loved.  Thank you for sharing such wonderful news here.  That brings a smile to my face.

5. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

I think it's the small things that add up that we maybe don't pay attention to.  Not everything has to be over the top to show us the good in humanity.  Often I think we feel that we have to be heroic to make a positive difference in the world.  I think we just simply need to be kind.

For example, just today I went into town and people everywhere were just delightful.  My son had been up vomiting since very early this morning and I had to go to town to pick up dramamine and other various items.  I went to the first shop and after I loaded my car a man walked across the lot and said he'd take my cart for me since he had to go into the store anyway. 

I went across town to the next shop and another gentleman insisted I go ahead of him in line because I had fewer items.  Then of course the woman who was ahead of both of us was a nitpicker who had a zillion coupons etc. etc. you know the ones lol - 

So we began chatting and he told me he makes it a habit to do 3 kind things for people each day because he believes that these things come back.  I completely agree of course and these simple acts of kindness after a long night/morning with a very sick child were just the brightness my day needed. 

Good news is all around us when we choose to look - and if we don't see it, we need to create it. smile

Aw, ChristinS, that is so beautiful!  Yes, I believe it is all around us too if we just look.  We can all surely be kind to one another wherever we are during our daily interactions with others.  Thank you so much for sharing about your lovely day of kindness.  Now, that is good news!

6. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 9 years ago

I had good news today!  My granddaughter who is expecting her first baby had a sonogram done.  She shared the photos with me.  She is 7 months pregnant, and I was just so amazed.  I could even see the baby's eyelashes!!

Oh, how precious, Mary!  That is amazing news and so very exciting for all.  Her first baby ...so sweet.  Wow, that is incredible about the eyelashes.  I know that is a special thing to see those photos.  You will no doubt bless another life in this world, being the best great grandmother ever!  Thank you for sharing of the truly wonderful news!  Hugs

7. Uzochukwu Mike profile image74
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

I graduated from university this year.

Oh, now that is wonderful news, Uzo ...Mike! That is a huge accomplishment. Congratulations for all of your hard work. I hope you enjoy working in the field you went to school for as a profession. Blessings!

2. MarieLB profile image76

That is awesome Uzochukwu Mike.  Congratulations!!

8. Sed-me profile image78
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Mike smile

Here's a link that will make you all feel good.

http://happyplace.someecards.com/evil-b … -giggling/

9. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

It is raining here !!
    California is in an extreme drought which is going to have huge economic impact across the country and  beyond. This storm is not going to change things much, but ever drop is a blessing.
    (If the east coast wants to ship some snow over here, it would be appreciated.)

Hi Rochelle, Wow, I know that is most welcomed and very good news for those there in California. Yes, if we could send all this snow your way ... it would melt and help a bit. I hope the great news of continued rainfall remains!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I live in the Sierra foothills, and by this time of the year we usually have had several snowstorms. The snow in the Sierras, usually several feet  a year and  is our reserve water for the warmer months. The snowpack is very thin and that is worrisome. A lot of Central valley farmers are ripping out their  old orchards-- buy your fruits and nuts  now .
        Sorry ---this was supposed to be good news. We are all conserving and doing rain dances.
        The light rain is refreshing.

That is okay, Rochelle. The weather is certainly out of whack this year. Thank you for the tip on buying fruit and nuts now. Well, I will certainly pray specifically about all being I know a bit more of what is and is not going on there. Thank you for sharing. The more who know,  then the more support and acts of kindness will be shown and will spread. Blessings

2. Solaras profile image96
          Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Why would they rip out their old orchards, are the trees dead?

Maybe the roots have dry rot? It seems drastic.

2. celafoe profile image54
            celafoeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

because it is californ-------   they are not allowed to use the water necessary to raise a saleable crop so will try short term crops needing less water or sell to developers.   thanks to the envro-nuts

Hi celafoe,  Thank you for the clarification here.  Interesting for sure.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
            Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, dead and dying. There will be less water for irrigation next year. Some  farmers are replanting new trees with drip irrigation systems, but those orchards won't be productive for several years.

2. MarieLB profile image76

I think farmers are the ultimate optimists.  Who else would give their all with no assurity of success?  Only farmers would, bless them.  I think we have much to thank them for.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image75
        csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Farmers plant always not because they are an optimist but because if they do not plant, the cost for land preparation will double in the next planting season. So, there is a business side to it why farmers plant all the time. I am a farmer, south of Manila. I guess, having a knack for good news would depend entirely on the person not on anything else.  smile

Go farmers!  They are awesome indeed.

10. firstcookbooklady profile image84
    firstcookbookladyposted 9 years ago

My niece's son got married a couple years ago and is expecting in July. I'm 52 and I'm going to be a great, great aunt. How cool is that?

That is beyond cool! How exciting for you, firstcookbooklady. Thank you for sharing such great news with us! Blessings to all.

11. cam8510 profile image91
    cam8510posted 9 years ago

Faith, here is a link to some happy news.  I love this story.  http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31604026

1. cam8510 profile image91
      cam8510posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm actually turning the article in the above link into a short story which I hope to begin posting this weekend.  It will be a multi part story.  The article describes a 4 year old girl that has gained a following of .......crows.  She feeds them and they bring her little gifts of buttons, bits of colored glass, heart shaped stones and more.  It really is a fun read.

Oh, how precious and sweet. That would make a truly wonderful short story, cam! I am looking forward to reading it. It would actually make a fantastic children's book.

1. cam8510 profile image91
          cam8510posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, it will come out good in the end, but that's all I will say about it now.  haha, I was reading Kurt Vonnegut's thoughts on writing last night.  He says "Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them—in order that the reader may see what they are made of."  So maybe mine won't make it to the childrens' book shelves, but some version of the article certainly could.

Hi cam, thank you so much for sharing some good news! Love it!

3. Claudia Mathews profile image59
      Claudia Mathewsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Love it, such a unique ad special bond between them.

12. paradigm search profile image54
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

Another asteroid missed us.

Whoa, that is good news, paradigm search! Whew!!!

13. Keisha Hunter profile image68
    Keisha Hunterposted 9 years ago

My six year wage freeze is ending in April...with a completed reclassification exercise which will also net in a worthwhile increase. I bought a new home, car and had a baby within three years after the wage freeze, so this can't happen soon enough.

Wow, Keisha, this is truly good news!  Yes, it certainly could not have come at a better time.  It takes a lot to raise a baby, run a home and drive a car!!!  Blessings

14. CuAllaidh profile image78
    CuAllaidhposted 9 years ago

I recently self published a book, I knew the market was very niche as very few people enjoy reaading research on ancient board games, but I enjoy the work and am part of a group that has weird hobbies, so I figured I could sell enough to make it worthwhile (I was doing the research anyways). Well on Tuesday I donated two copies of the book to a friend who runs a small handmade medieval games company to use as perks for an indiegogo campaign to raise money to get the rights to print a reproduction. On Wednesday she contacted me to let me know that a friend of hers, who had already donated, donated even more in order to get a copy of my book. Well the guy then turned around and asked if her if she could ask me if I offered a distributors discount and said he'd by 20. He also asked me to come to an event he was putting on to do a book signing.... so that's my good news big_smile

1. PegCole17 profile image92
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's excellent news and instant reward for your donation. Congratulations on your book.

1. CuAllaidh profile image78
        CuAllaidhposted 9 years agoin reply to this

thanks it was a bit of a rush big_smile

Yes, I bet it was!

Wow, CuAllaidh, that certainly is good news! Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on your book. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Blessings

15. Bridget F profile image91
    Bridget Fposted 9 years ago

The snow here is beginning to melt! Finally!

Awesome news! Thank you for sharing.

16. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

There was a man in England climbing a 600 ft. snow covered mountain who fell because of a gust of wind during a blizzard. At the bottom he came near a rescue team doing a training exercise and he shouted again and again until they heard him. He suffered a dislocated shoulder a few scratches and bruises.

Wow, that is amazing. Great news he survived after such a fall and thank God for the rescue team right there and they heard him! Thank you for sharing some good news.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60

I can share more in here practically everyday if you want.

Yes, Kevin, that would be great! And that is my hope that we continue to share some good news each day. Then maybe we can out weigh the bad with so much good.

I would like that too. I get sick of seeing the bad news. That is all news is these days.

I sure do hate hearing of nothing but bad news every day, and so I thought how nice it would be to read about nothing but good news for a change. As far as I am concerned, we can share goods news as often as we like. What a lovely thought. I just know there are good people out there doing good things, so when we hear of such, we should share the good news. I am looking forward to reading more good news from you, Kevin. Thank you for particpating!

I will begin searching for good news tomorrow. :-)

That would be awesome, Kevin. Me too!

Here Faith,
                    A woman was driving home from somewhere with her teenage son when he suddenly hollered , "Stop the car!" The reason was he saw an elderly man shoveling his driveway - using a walker. The plow had just piled snow at the end. Tommy (the teenage boy) told the man to get in the car and get warm, it was cold out, Tommy did the job for him. He was done in 15 minutes. The man was so happy he said, " God bless you" and his mother cried.

17. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 9 years ago

The sun is shining here too! After weeks of relentless cold and frozen ground,we finally can see the light.
    Next week is warming up and and this snow will be history! big_smile

Awesome, Stacie! Warming up here too. Thank you for the brighter and warmer days good news!

18. Claudia Mathews profile image59
    Claudia Mathewsposted 9 years ago

What a great idea!
    I know a sweet elderly lady, who fell walking to the grocery store. Luckily, she only broke her arm and not her hip. Two tourists, visiting from England, rushed to her aid immediately and stayed with her, keeping her calm, until the paramedics arrived. They even called the daughter to let her know what happened.

Hi Claudia, aw, now that is the kind of good news that restores faith in humanity! We need thousands more out there just like that couple; and maybe they are out there but we just do not hear about it. Thank you so much for sharing.

1. Claudia Mathews profile image59
        Claudia Mathewsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good news has a way of making you feel better, doesn't it? Don't know why the world likes to focus on bad news. It just might be, if we focused our attentions on the positive, the tragic and depressing news would decrease. I believe there is something to the Law of Attraction. Thanks for starting this thread :-)

Thank you too, Claudia, for your participation! Yes, it is an interesting phenomenon for sure. I prefer to look for the good in the world and I know it is all around us.

19. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

It's the first day of Autumn here, and we've just had some good rain.
    My goldfish have three babies, and the sun is shining now.

Hi snakesmum, Thank you for sharing of some lovely good news. I would have not thought of it being a different season than winter elsewhere. I love Autumn with its brilliant awe-inspiring colors and cooler weather. So glad you had some good rain you needed. Oh, how sweet about the three baby goldfish! And now to top all of that off some sunshine!

20. FatFreddysCat profile image96
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Two pieces of good news today:

We welcomed a new four-legged member of the family into our household today - "Shiloh," a four year old beagle/shepherd mix that we adopted from a local dog rescue. My kids are thrilled to have a new pooch around the house. Shiloh is a pretty mellow fellow who appears to be enjoying his new digs.

I also scored a dozen heavy metal CDs at the thrift store today for a buck apiece. I haven't hit a mother lode like that in a while.

Woohoo! Awesome day!!

Woohoo indeed, FatFreddysCat!!! What an awesome day you have had in welcoming Shiloh into your family and what an awesome thing to adopt a dog from the local rescue. Then, to boot, find that motherload of a deal of heavy medal CDs for such a great deal. I am so excited for you! Thank you for sharing some really good news here.

21. aesta1 profile image92
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

Just got my first payment in HP. After 5 months, I got some enough to support 5 loans in KIVA.

Wow, aesta, that is really great news. Congrats on your first payment from HP!!! Thank you for sharing.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great news! I think my first payout took longer. smile

22. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Last Friday, my oldest son was targeted by a bully at school and he stood up to him and said I don't think so take it somewhere else.  The bully kid hit my son in the arm - then immediately felt bad and apologized and they shook hands and everything.  My son being a strong individual who makes me proud everyday forgave this other boy who has a bad habit of picking on people - and the bully, for once, had a conscience and did the right thing and promised not to pick on my son anymore.  It gave me some hope that not all high school kids are little punks wink lol.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87

+1

Wow, Christin, that is so awesome indeed!  A bully with a conscious for a change.  I know you are so proud of your son and I am too!  Yes, that is good news and certainly gives us hope too.  Thank you for sharing your fabulous good news!

23. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Someone (in southern Africa I believe) gave birth to a baby girl. Three days later, in the hospital, the girl was kidnapped.
    There were no leads and authorities did not know anything about Baby Zephany's whereabouts. Parents, Celeste and Morne`, had three other chidren and celebrated Zephany's birthday every year. They never gave up hope.
    Last month Cassidy, other daughter, began HS and classmates swore she looked like other student. When Cassidy and other student met it was uncanny so she invited other one over for coffee. As soon as father Morne` saw her, he knew - even though she had a different name.
    Police and DNA test confirmed it. After 17 years they found their daughter. Girl is under temporary government care and will be returned to family soon.

Kevin, that is an amazing story!  Wow, reunited after 17 years.  Maybe she grew up in a good home despite being kidnapped and she does not have any emotional scars.  At least they all have their sister back and she knows of her sibling and other family now.  What a blessing.  Thank you for finding this one, Kevin. 

Bless you

I do not know how the daughter grew up but the mother was arrested for kidnapping her.

Wow, well, I guess so!  It is a rare thing that one hears of a kidnapped baby/child being reunited ...thanks so much for sharing of this good news, Kevin.

24. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

I've hit my 8th anniversary with HubPages. Went to the dentist this morning and insurance paid every cent - a miracle. Went to a small restaurant, received outstanding service, and left a huge tip.  It's been a good day and more to come.

1. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That does sound like an awesome day so far - yay!

A wonderful day!

A good day, indeed, Patty!  Wow, three good news reports.  I did not even realize HP has been around that long ...eight years!  You must have been one of the first persons to join?  Going to the dentist is always iffy and thank God for dental insurance.  Good service seems to be a rare thing nowadays, and I know you enjoyed it.  The big tip you gave should motivate them to continue with the great service.  Thank you for sharing all of this wonderful news today, Patty.

Peace

HP is about nine years old, anniversary in August if I recall correctly. smile

25. Princessa profile image78
    Princessaposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Patty, I can believe it has been that long that we have been around the site.

Hi Princessa,

Congrats to you too for your longevity here in HP Town!

My good news is the SHARE button finally started working again last night!  Woo hoo LOL

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87

Almost a decade - hard to digest that!

26. Faith Reaper profile image83

It's hump day!  Hooray for getting over the hump.  Happy Wednesday to all.

27. Beaddoodler profile image66
    Beaddoodlerposted 9 years ago

Did you hear about the 8 year old girl, born without the lower part of her right arm?  She is a ski champion in her area.  They even managed to get a sound track of her going down the slope humming to herself.  She also plays tennis, socker and several other sports.

That is Awesome! I remember a girl in the Olympics in the 1980s that had half of one foot missing, but she medaled anyway.

Aw, thank you for sharing that beautiful story, Beaddoodler!  It sure keeps us mindful that we have much to be thankful for, and we are able to do so much more good in this life than we are doing with all of that we have been given. We tend to moan and groan when we have a sore toe, but look at her!  What an inspiration for all.

I love that about her humming.  Sweet!

28. The Examiner-1 profile image60

There was a Walmart employee by the name of James Phillips who told the customers, "Have a good day." After getting a spiritual message he changed it to "Have a blessed day." One grumpy customer complained to somebody about it.
    Next thing James knew management called him aside to tell him about the complainer and to stop saying that to customers.
    Surprise, surprise. It was mentioned to social media and Walmart reacted differently. Then he was honored by lawmakers inside state Capitol building.

That is a great story and edifying!

Oh, my goodness, that is awesome ... wow, lawmakers to boot : ) ... Thank you for sharing that story as it placed a smile on my face this dreary, rainy day! 

Bless you, Kevin

29. The Examiner-1 profile image60

For the past couple days and the last I saw today I had 18 followers on Twitter. When I went back on today a few hours later it said that I had 24!

Hi Kevin,

That is good news!  I just arrived home, and so I am ready to check out all of the good news for today!

30. The Examiner-1 profile image60

I forgot to post anything yesterday so to make up for it:

Sunday - March 8 is DST! Clocks go forward!
    Saturday - March 14 is Spring!

A two-year old son of an NFL player, Clark Harris, sings anthem at basketball game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhFTFzSaouA

Aw, thank you, dear Kevin,

Those are great news!  How precious is that video!  Thank you so much for sharing the good news for today.  I was not on my computer last night, so your posting two this day is perfect.  Bless you

TGIF!

You are welcome Faith. I figured that I owed it since I missed yesterday. :-) I am glad that you liked it.

I really do love these you are sharing.  Thank you for continuing to spread the good news.  Have a lovely weekend ahead.

You too. I woke to snow this morning. It was only about 1/8-1/4" but the weather last night said a couple chances of rain. The weekend is supposed to be beautiful.

Yes, we had a sunny day today, but we did have icing over night.  My back deck was iced over and my cat wanted to go this morning and kept on loud meowing, so I let him out and he went ice skating LOL.  I have never before seen a cat ice skate, but I did this morning.  He was ready to come back in right away needless to say. 

It was so nice to see the sun shining today!!!

That is funny! A cat ice skating! Too bad you did not video it!

The snow here melted in an hour but no sun until about 3:30.

Yes, I wish I had!  LOL

I can only take so many days of rain and gloomy overcast weather and always feel so much better when the sun starts shining again.  It must be that winter gloominess physical condition.

Here is something for a little Saturday fun. This guy called this Insane Domino Tricks. He spent over 3 months creating this trick and there are between 20,000-25000 dominoes - plus other items - used in it! Watch and enjoy. :-)
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARM42-eorzE

31. littlething profile image96
    littlethingposted 9 years ago

Today's good news: I got accepted to West Virginia University for their Forensic Science Program!

Congratulations Jackie I wish you goo luck.

Oh, wow, that is really great news!  Congratulations.  That is a most interesting field.  Blessings

32. cam8510 profile image91
    cam8510posted 9 years ago

I actually sold something on one of my hubs from Amazon.  Now that is a rare bit of good news for me at least.

Congrats Cam!  That is good news and rare, as you state.  I don't believe I've ever sold one.

Thank you for sharing and giving a little hope for the rest of us : )

33. Blair Ashby profile image60
    Blair Ashbyposted 9 years ago

Hi Faith Reaper,

I published my first Hub yesterday.  I've had 24 views and I've made 1 penny already. :-D I feel very pleased by that.  It may be only a small positive but I find the small subtle things in life give life the most meaning.  I hope it bring a smile to your face.

Hello Blair,

Welcome to HubPages!  That is good news and I do hope you find the community encouraging and interesting.  So true, about the small subtle things in life bringing us joy.

You did bring a smile.  Thank you for sharing.

34. paradigm search profile image54
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

The outdoor cats are sleeping on my front porch again. I guess I'm just a lovable guy.

Aw, I guess you are that indeed, paradigm search.  Sweet.  Thank you for sharing.

35. profile image0
    Laurie Viposted 9 years ago

It's great to read all these positive stories. I'm finally getting my 2003 cavalier with 184000 miles replaced this week. I've had it for 9 years, will miss it, but it's definitely time.

Hello Laurie,

It is a joy to read of all the good news.  Thank you for sharing about your good news.  I hope you find the perfect replacement for your Cavalier. It sounds like it did its job in getting you to and fro.

1. profile image0
        Laurie Viposted 9 years agoin reply to this

you're welcome!

36. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Here is a NASCAR rap by Dale Earnhardt Jr. (7 yrs. old), he is cute:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA5cVCb87X4

Aw, how cute, Kevin!  Thank you for sharing and bringing the smiles this day.  Bless you

You are welcome Faith. :-)

37. littlething profile image96
    littlethingposted 9 years ago

Thanks! I'm more than excited to be going there this fall!

To the University?

1. littlething profile image96
        littlethingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yup! Looking at everything on and around the campus, I can't wait to go and really see it. The university has one of the oldest and largest forensic programs as well! I'm not sure if August can come fast enough. smile

Happy studying!

1. littlething profile image96
        littlethingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

38. NScarpediem profile image64
    NScarpediemposted 9 years ago

Hi Faith,

I gained two new followers today. Now I’m excited to make my next hub haha!

Hello NScarpediem,

That is great!  So glad you are excited to begin a new hub.  It is always a wonderful feeling when someone new is interested in reading what you have to write.

39. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Here is something to enjoy the end of winter with:
    Old Man Winter Goes for Ride with His Dog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiqtIXZi3jM

Hi Kevin,

Oh, thank you so much for sharing.  That is great!

I did not know I that posted anything today. I have been trying to replace/clear broken links in 8 Hubs - a few with several links - all day. I just finished.

Oh, I guess that was 18 hours ago.  I have not been on here since late yesterday and then when I arrived home from work, I saw you had posted.

I just checked when I posted that. It is now 6:30 AM, I posted it 24 hours back from this time. I did not even know about the broken links at that time. It had seemed a long day with the links so I had forgotten this. lol

40. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Here is the news for 3-10-15
    A farmer from Indiana saves a calf. Wait until you see this video to see how:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYhQTyFv0PQ

Oh, my, goodness, Kevin, that is amazing!  Thank you so much for sharing.  So glad the calf was saved.

I was glad too Faith, and I thought it was a bit humorous.

Yes, thank you for the smiles and laughs today, which are always welcomed, Kevin!

41. CuAllaidh profile image78
    CuAllaidhposted 9 years ago

I posted about my book and the upcoming book signing... as an update I have sold more books in the past few weeks then I expected to sell all year. Since my book is very niche I expected to only sell at certain events, I have not attended a single event and my book is selling extremely well. It has really energized me to get the next two books in the series out ASAP.

Congratulations CuAllaidh! That is wonderful news to say the least.  Thank you for sharing about your book selling so well, as it sure is an encouragement for other writers to keep going.  I hope your next two books also do well.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Congratulations Jeff! :-) It sounds like you are heading for the green grass.

42. The Examiner-1 profile image60

I almost forgot this fixing broken links again
    A man went into a restaurant to order two hot dogs. After he ate them he left the waitress a $36.00 tip. Next year will be $37.00. Why?
    On the reverse of the receipt was a note that read - "Today would be my brothers birthday and he would have been 36, next year he would be 37.
    Each year I leave the waitress an additional dollar for his age".

Oh, how cool!  That is so unique and interesting thing to do.  I wonder if it is a restaurant that his brother like to go to?  Thanks for the good news today, Kevin!

It is hump day!  Now, we are heading towards the weekend again : )

I believe that it said his brother liked to eat the hot dogs and he will be remembered that way.

Oh, wow, that is so interesting.  I hope he lives a long time and the amount of tip keeps increasing and increasing, which certainly would be a great blessing to the waitress or waiter.

43. The Examiner-1 profile image60

I believe the brother is dead if that is who you mean.

No, I mean the brother who is alive and leaving the large tips : )

I hope that he lives long too. :-)

Here is something to give you a few laughs:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bhX9-kTgB4

Kevin, you are being so dedicated in sharing the good news here.  Thank you for doing so.  I love it!

Thank you Faith. I said that I would because like you I prefer good news to bad, and here is some more good news:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-2JyGl0vg

I am so glad, Kevin. You are a dear to share all this good news each day! Bless your heart.

I am sorry Faith but I never heard of 'hoid news'. I can usually figure these things out and I checked my pocket dictionary plus online but I have no idea what that means.

LOL Kevin ...I am on my phone in line somewhere waiting ...of course I meant good news!

Excuses, excuses, lol. Today is Friday the 13, blame it on that. :-)

44. Easy Exercise profile image85
    Easy Exerciseposted 9 years ago

I have good news. I was chosen to be the leader of some of the Daniel Plan sessions for my church and the group has been very receptive to my leadership and has asked me back again!

Hello Easy Exercise,

Oh, how special.  What a blessing you received. Thank you for sharing your good news.

45. tirelesstraveler profile image61
    tirelesstravelerposted 9 years ago

I am catching up with my email. It is an exciting to time to be alive.

Hi tirelesstraveler,

Yes, indeed it is ... I am grateful for each breathe I am able to take, especially being a breast cancer survivor.

Peace and blessings always

46. Faith Reaper profile image83

It's Friday!  Woo hoo ...

1. profile image0
      Jill Mooreposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Today, in the UK, it is Comic Relief day:
      http://www.comicrelief.com/rednoseday
      My children have gone to school dressed in bright red, wearing red noses and with their faces painted "funny for money" . Hopefully the charity will raise lots of funds this year.

Oh, what a great day there, Jill! Sounds like plenty of good fun all around and for a good cause. I know your children looked so very adorable! Thank you for sharing to bring the smiles of such good news.

47. L.M. Hosler profile image91
    L.M. Hoslerposted 9 years ago

I am buying my house. That is good news for me anyway. I have also had some of the best friends and family who have helped me along the way. God has also blessed me with a good man in my life after I had given up on that. Life is good if we look for the good, share what we can and help others.

Aw, how wonderful and lovely for you, L. M. Hosler! You have an overflow of good news blessings for sure and thank you for sharing. God is so good. Bless you and yours always

48. Sunshine625 profile image83
    Sunshine625posted 9 years ago

My good news is that it is very refreshing to see a "good news forum post"
    pop up in my HP newsfeed! smile

That is what I'm talking about, Sunshine! : )

49. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

Recently I posted that my goldfish had two babies, and yesterday, while I was feeding them, I counted five little ones.    Two are much smaller, so must be from a later batch of eggs.  Lovely to see them swimming around and eating well.

Oh, awesome, Snakesmum! I love watching fish swim about. Thank you for sharing of your increased family there.

50. Kylyssa profile image88
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

My hubs are getting a bit more search engine traffic!

Also, I seem to be getting more views to the hubs of mine that are shown in the right hand column on my other hubs!

I hope everyone here is seeing the same thing.

Kylyssa, that is very good news!  Yes, my hubs are getting tons of view here of late too.  I love that they have highlighted one of our hubs to the right too, as it does seems to help with traffic.  I hope it continues.  Thank you for sharing!

2. Uzochukwu Mike profile image74
      Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Kylyssa, I experienced same and I believe it is a good news.

That is certainly good news Uzo and Kylyssa!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)