Am I eligible for Adsense as an Indian

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Feather Touch profile image60
    Feather Touchposted 14 years ago

Hi i am a Huber from India. I joined in hubpages before 5 weeks. I had applied for adsense for several times but it got rejected. I had seen in some forums that if an Indian wants get an approval from hubpages it is not easy, Is it true. They are saying Google will not approve any application from Indian or china if the site is created before 6 months.. Is it true for hubpages also...
    Please  help me with some tips.....

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, you're not eligible for Adsense as a cowboy wink

I think you do have to wait six months before Adsense will approve you, if I'm not mistaken.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are correct, and it's not just for HubPages. 

Here is the statement on the Adsense site:
      https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … nswer=9724

and I quote:

"Have you owned your site for 6 months?
      In some locations, including China and India, we require publishers to have owned their sites for 6 months. We've taken this step to ensure the quality of our advertising network and protect the interests of our advertisers and existing publishers."

Mel, I know you've disputed this before because people kept quoting the Adsense Help forums, which are not "official". 
      The above is official.

1. Feather Touch profile image60
        Feather Touchposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that mean there is no chance for getting approval  if i am applying before  completing six months????

1. Susana S profile image94
          Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Other Indian (and Chinese) hubbers have had the same issue and have had to wait the 6 months. I'd say use the time to write lots of quality hubs and then google will have no issue with approving you.

3. bojanglesk8 profile image59
      bojanglesk8posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course.

2. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

here's my take... and I know many will disagree so be polite...ppl with personal websites need two things in their code so google can verify them... the first is putting  a "declaration" in the source code outside of the <tags> stating something to the effect " I am in control of the source code HTML as webmaster".. The exact declaration needed is on googles site.. i won't waste my time finding and posting, you'll have to do your own due dilligence. The second is a timestamp so they know the site has been established six months( this can go right nect to the "needed" declaration).

With that said, ( I beleive ) by signing up as a publisher of hubpages that those declarations on the hubpages "root" give you the same " pass" /" go ahead"/ "authorization" as if you owned your own site.

As a public publishing spot ,not a single person here could be approved as "owners"  of the  website for six months, therefore the workaraound on a public vs. personal website is to sign on as a publisher of the site and use hubpages on the first line of the AdSense application. The bots will then let you pass through the first two declaration without being flagged...

once you get past the verified "declarations" they will now look at your application as an INDIVIDUAL by  the name you enter into the app. Most likely the hubs will be parsed by a second bot for duplicity. duplicate copied articles. If they are not flagged at that point it is most likely that apps  outside India/ China will be either auto accepted by email or / quicly browsed by human checker and acepted; applications rendering from India/ China will always be scrutinized by human checkers bcuz of frequent click fraud.

Instructions for that first line indicate using a top level domain meaning www.hubpages.com without using/mysite or / profileor my own example /mel22. The reason is my profile will not hold the "declarations" needed to verify site. Those will be found in the hubpages "root" folder.

I have noticed many Indian hubbers use the http:// protocol identifier and/or their /profile in the app. ( my beleif) is that is wrong and why many many get the error email stating to use: TLD top-level-domain only with no /mysite or /profile in the first field.

... on that note, Amazon, konterra, etc. DO ask for /profile in the url because they are either not worried about looking for "declarations" to verify site or not setup to have a bot parse for those "declarations" in the source.

Anyone wishing to see what I mean about "declarations" may open their right click menu, click view source and look at the code.. Most of the code is blu /red but you may notice green declarations outside the <tags> (usually at the top or bottom of page with coders name and time-stamp of when the page was produced)( Note: different browsers may use different colors )

...Open to any rebuttals but ( pls b nice )... Thank you!

P.S. - never copy and paste into that first field bcuz some browsers auto-format the link with the http:// protocol identifier ( the example under the field shows not to have those in place to comply to using top-level-domain-only )- AND pls, since I took the time to write this and you are accepted, don't publish 1,000 Bollywood hubs. A few are OK but pls try and write a meaningful article here and there. Thank You !

3. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

..also if posting app by your blog.. than (i beleive) www.blogspot.com is all that is needed due to those "declarations" being parsed in the "root".. not sure if www.myblog.blogspot.com will work since the declarations (most likely) won't be found there! Hope that helps !

4. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I say "yes"... she says " no"

my rebuttal is that hubpages lets you verify using their site on the form... from the English I'm reading on that post it sounds like ppl who own their OWN site in India/China and have access to their source code must timestamp with declaration and wait six months.(Google Webmaster Tools if verifying a PERSONAL website). Being on a public forum and having no access NOW or Ever at Hubpages means you have to verify using their "root" declaration by using www.hubpages.com -

Being and Indian i'm not sure

An Indian  verifying through their OWN site *for sure* would need to timestamp and wait

An Indian verifying through a public/shared revenue site by way of the sites "root" is unclear to me  by the wording of the English

... six months from now you will also still have no access to the source code here at hubpages so seems 'unfair' and 'possibly' anti-trust to force Indians to accept Blogger (to get accepted b4 six months according to the first line of that post...seems antitrust to force (google product bundles) to get accepted... Marisa... would the wording seem to say that Blogger is the only way to get accepted b4 six months or would the rule still apply to Indians trying the Blogger product as well?

BTW, Marisa I apologize for my temper the other day on that post. I was angered over the way that other guy rebuttled me in such a rude manner. I'll accept a correction when not in an insulting way , but not by way of insulting my intelligence. Your repost was not Rude  in any way so i'll apologize to you only and not the other.

Funny story... didn't realize until awhile later that you were from Australia and most likely using Queens English so when I got mad that first time when you said 'rubbish' I thought you were calling me trash not knowing that using rubbish is a queens english' cliche' so to speak! Kinda like using Whilst instead of the the american english 'While'

Do they speak Queens English, or old English over there? by the way i think i've  hijacked this post and it's 'PURE RUBBISH' now!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Mel, I agree it could be read that way, but if you read through Google's policies, you'll find that revenue-sharing sites are barely acknowledged as even existing. You'll find the same on the Webmaster tools and Analytics - that's why people arrive on these forums asking how to paste the code, because Google's instructions don't even mention that revenue-sharing sites will be different. 

The reason for barring Indian and Chinese from joining Adsense is the huge amount of spam being generated from those sources.  Spam is actually MORE likely on revenue-sharing sites which require no investment by the blogger, than on someone's owned site.  That's why eBay has stopped accepting ANY applications from any country for revenue-sharing sites.

For Google to insist paid website owners wait 6 months, but allow anyone joining a revenue-sharing site to buck the system, would leave an obvious hole in their policies and would be sheer madness on their part.

5. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Does anyone else think that forcing pple to use all google products to get accepted seems anti-trust akin to the same  anti-trust Microsoft went through when they forced windows OS's on large PC makers in a bundle. If I were a lawyer i'd be all over that !

1. yenajeon profile image69
      yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking this exact thing!!! Although no longer pre-law thats a lawsuit waiting to happen. Who would be brave enough to try and touch google though....

6. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

6 month wait for India based Hubbers "."

timestamps,declarations blah,blah unfortunately all meaningless

adsense doesnt require site ownership..so have no idea what those paragraphs of nonsense were based on.

perhaps you have noticed, Adsense revenue sharing sites are frequently being discussed here, no one has access to the site roots!

Google wouldnt require a "time stamp" they would use their own index date...where the hell did you get all that garble from?

it seems you are mixing up the various google tools

7. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

read on google Webmaster Tools help page somewhere( when verifying a personal website )... not gonna take the time as I said to go look for.... you're one of the rudest ppl i've ever met.. your answers are always short quips out of spite regardless of who you're answering.. If I'm getting the tools messed up ... so be it.. thats why I said it was my opinion and asked for remarks without ( ppl like you ) being an (snipped)... theres always one of you in every forum ! But the again I knew you'd be here!

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, you finally have managed to annoy me.

interesting take, you somehow feel that writing a paragraph of nonsense is helpful when you never answered the question or uttered a singled intelligible statement.

Ever see Billy Madison, do you remember the academic decathalon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

Original question:

I am from India. I have been frequently denied by adsense, I hear I need to wait 6 months before I will be accepted. Is this true, any tips on what to do?

A. Yes, there is a 6 month waiting period for new adsense publishers located in India.

Writing 300 words about webmaster tools and trying to regurgitate some info that you clearly do not understand helps no one. IF I happen to notice someone spreading misinformation, I will correct that misinformation if I am capable,

it usually doesnt require very many words.

What relationship could some gibberish about a tool that isnt even able to be used on hubpages have to the question at hand.?

Misinformation is a virus, it spreads quickly.

After reading any of your posts I am forced to:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/john_stewart_facepalm.gif

Yet, somehow your the victim! ...

8. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

No I don't watch movies...well , at least I finally showed ya what its like 2 be annoyed back, however I do think that animation of Jonh Stewart is hilarious.

on that note spreading misinformation is when someone states as FACT.. I clearly stated that these were my BELEIFS according to what I had gathered from reading. That's what you call debate and is why I asked for Marisa or anyones rebuttal! That's the part I don't understand is why you keep saying i'm spreading misinformation. As if I'm stating as fact.. I cannot say my opinion here without writing ( my beleif ) or in my opinion after every single sentence or you nitpick every one.. I wrote that long dissertation because Marisa and I had already went a Round one on the subject so I wrote in a way that she could rebuttal me back knowing she would be here. Iwanted to keep it toned down and state my case about that line 5... She makes good points but I'm not 100% convinced that these Indians have no way of using AdSense unless getting google products like Blogger

9. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

yenajeon, lets say someone lives in India and they have work all day and only have time 4 an hour or so perday to use hubpages... they want to use AdSense... they have no intention of running a fulltime blog or posting every few days... if an Indian never got a blog and waited six months on HubPages then why does everyone tell them to get keep getting Blogger and wait the six months to get accepted... If After six months they will be accepted then shouldn't Hubpages be enough!

Why does everyone force them to get Blogger. I hear that all the time. Won't Hubpages suffice after the six month wait?

On  googles website elsewhere and on Marisa's link it tells pple with NO other website to get one  , but never says an Indian already setup at ( a place like Hubpages ) should get one and also on line 5 it says Indians WHO OWN THEIR OWN website, must wait. It never mentions an Indian on a revenue sharing system MUST wait.

10. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Also Yenjeon, If an Indian did create a website and was up and running for two weeks only, then suddenly moved to America would the Indian then be accepted b4 six months. He's still an Indian ..he has not changed his skin, yet only the locale matters. Isn't that unlawful discrimination against a locale of certain ppl. National racism. If one Indian commits click fraud, the rest must also suffer? That's unlawfully committing prejudice precriminality on INDIVIDUAL rights! If thats the case maybe INDIA should ban GOOGLE! Reverse the circumstances.

1. yenajeon profile image69
      yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think when people keep referring to 'Indians' they are referring to citizen of the country India. Meaning, that all citizens of India have a 6 month restrictive wait time. So lets say an American or Australian citizen moved to India and started an India-based website, they'd also need to wait. If an Indian citizen came to the US and purchased a US based website, there is no wait, therefore its not skin color based discrimination.

So those 'rules' are being applied to the origin and ownership of the site, not discriminating against ethnic groups. It may appear that way because most people who own India based websites are obviously going to be Indian!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

You're right.  I know Australians in China who have to wait the 6 months.

Mel, remember you have to give your address to get your pin so you can get paid - that's how they know where you live.

The waiting period has nothing to do with click fraud, it has to do with spam sites.   And yes, it does mean everyone in that region suffers for the sins of the few.  eBay is the same.

No one is forcing anyone to use Blogger.  Google makes it easy to apply for Adsense because it's all built in to Blogger, but what Google will be looking for is content,not what platform the blog is hosted on.

11. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

If GOOGLE bans INDIA, than INDIA must ban GOOGLE ! Start the chant ! If GOOGLE bans INDIA, than INDIA must ban GOOGLE !

12. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

click fraud might just be a political game to gain better access political power to CHINA and INDIA

How do they even know click fraud is even real.

Don't let then label you all as click frauders

A company that pays Dimes, Nickels, and Pennies but rakes in Billions should not point fingers

13. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Yes its definitely not about the race its the locale, as you said if an American were to move to India THEN started a website he'd have to wait. But if the American started the website on american shores then transferred to India he would still be OK.. It is Locale discrimination...heres my question if IP addresses are all in cyberspace why then DOES locale matter?

I suppose the only reason would be the ease of grouping together to commit click farms!

14. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

However that brings back up the point of precriminalizing , on the basis that all people in that locale will more than likely commit click fraud.

Thats a prejudiced view against ALL for the wrongdoing of a FEW

OK, yes I know click fraud is REAL, just sayin'

15. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Addresses, yep yep... was just throwing out hypotheticals 4 thought. They should just make a black list instead of punishing every Indian ...excuse me ...anyone living at an address in India. If the name tries to open an account again,automatic flag and block that IP from applying because that snailmailing location is obviously part of the click farm if going by locale. Fair enough I wont post anymore and drive the topic to the top

16. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

referring to some earlier posts about blogspot.

The 6 month waiting period is mandatory for certain regions, India included.

After, the 6 months waiting period there is still no guarantee that your going to be approved as a publisher!

in attempts to get accepted Many have found that using another google product like blogspot seems to be an easy way to get accepted into the adsense program

17. arunjain profile image57
    arunjainposted 14 years ago

I don't If it would work for you but It worked for me so I would like to share.And may be you can get your adsense account before six months.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-goog … six-months

18. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I got a google adsense account very quickly, despite living in Thailand. I made a little website on a free web host with five pages, applied and got accepted in two weeks.

Personally, I hate it when whole nations are treated as second class.

19. dilipchandra12 profile image65
    dilipchandra12posted 14 years ago
  20. satyenhacks profile image60
    satyenhacksposted 14 years ago

Well 6 months barrier is quite incorrect as far as blogger is considered. I got adsense account after writing 40 posts and in 4 months only.I am also an Indian.

So if you write well,stick to Adsense policies you will get your
    account. They rejected 4 or 5 times giving various regions but I resubmitted after a while and finally got adsense account in less than 6 months.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)