HubMob Weekly topic: St David and everything Welsh

Jump to Last Post 51-67 of 67 discussions (118 posts)
  1. ethel smith profile image84
    ethel smithposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Welsh-Flaf
    I seem to be monopolising this weeks hubmob. I typed flaf instead of flag. Boo. I have amended the Hub but the URL has stayed the same. Never mind.

2. alexandriaruthk profile image61
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

good job Ms ethel, am trying to come up with another one

3. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago
  4. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Done it!  Well done 2... would you believe it?!  Here they are...

The Green Man Festival - Who is this Green Man - Pagan, Druid, Celtic or Just Ancient?

Let me draw your attention to a newly established Welsh celebration – The Green Man Festival.  But what is this Green Man and why is he central to the celebrations?  This article hopes to tell you all about how the Green Man, sometimes called Jack in the green, is central to this festival and why the druid and pagan rituals surrounding it makes for a magical experience.  And, yes, attending the Green Man Festival is a magical and mystical experience!  I should know because I attend it!   As a hint, green symbolism is about all things ‘nature’ and this is at the heart of Druid Celtic philosophy.  But what is it that makes this festival special?  Who is this Green Man and how did he come into being?

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Green-Man-F … st-Ancient

The Green Man Festival – Celtic Druid Kill’s The Green Man!

If you have read my article ‘The Green Man Festival - Who is this Green Man - Pagan, Druid, Celtic or Just Ancient’ you will know the origins of Jack of the green. Green symbolism has connections with all things natural. The Green Man is represented as the Pagan, Celtic and Druid God of Vegetation now a days; although you will know by now that the roots of this belief may well stem back to ancient times. If you haven’t yet read this article, I strongly recommend that you click on the above link now.
    This hub focuses on what happens at the Green Man Festival – the Pagan and Druid ritual that celebrates and then murders the Green Man in the most fantastical style. This years music festival 2010 will be no different, if not better than previous years. The Green Man will not only be celebrated but will become one of the most sought after festivals in UK music. How can it not be, with such a wise backer as the Lord of Nature, himself?!

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Green-Man-F … -Green-Man

1. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said. big_smile

5. obsexed profile image71
    obsexedposted 14 years ago

Since this is my first, I'm not sure it is correct, but here goes...

Spooning-A Welsh Tradition

6. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

There are now 40 HubMob hubs.  I helped my brother photograph a wedding and reception today.  I'll get the roundup hub updated later today after I sleep.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where do your talents end?!  Great day for an adventure, eh rm!  Rest well x

7. ethel smith profile image84

I think I may finally be all hubmobbed out, you'll be happy to hear lol. There are still plenty of suitable Welsh subjects left though.
    This one is about the welsh government
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Welsh-Assem … ts-at-last

1. profile image0

from one smith to another... you are never hubmobbed out until you've mobbed in! lol x

8. ethel smith profile image84

lol Shaz. Oh well then I will give the Wallace and Mrs Sumpson one a go.
    Then I am going to read some of the others. The Green Man one sounds interesting. My brother lives in Hastings and they have Green Man celebrations in May

1. profile image0

Yes, I read about that!  May 1st - Beltane or May Day, isn't it?  Not far from Bexhill.

There is one in Bristol on that day too with Jack in the green.  I might attend that one.  Also a recent Green Man Battles Jack Frost in Yorkshire.  Green Man kills Jack frost so he can enter as the spirit of the vegetation for a Spring.  This is Feb 1st - imbolc.

You know the old is becoming the new and more and more traditional celebrations is coming into be when it comes to the Green Man.

Good luck with the illustrious affair of Mrs Simpson! x

9. alexandriaruthk profile image61
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago
  10. ethel smith profile image84

This one was a bit time consuming. Let's hope it was worth it.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Edward-Albert-C … e-of-Wales

11. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

lots of interesting hubs this week

12. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Hope to get another one before late Monday.

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't sweat it.  If it's later than Monday that's fine.  Just shoot me a message when you get it done, even if it's a couple weeks.  Just don't forget to start from the link for this HubMob.

13. ethel smith profile image84

Well I swear this is my last but who knows??
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Late-Sir-Harry-Secombe
    Loved Harry Secombe

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Heh, heh, heh, the last, I bet!!!

2. rmcrayne profile image91

Fantastic ethel!  What a great week for you!  This is number 12 if I counted right.  I definitely enjoyed the Edward hub.

3. profile image0

Good grief you are amazing Ethel!

14. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

Well. here's my first official HubMob:

Brick Top Polford, a Welsh Gangster

1. rmcrayne profile image91

Welcome to the 'Mob Generique!

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks rmcrayne!

15. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Your St David and everything Welsh HubMob roundup hub has been updated.  We now have 45 hubs.  Very impressive!

http://hubpages.com/hub/St-Davids-Day-Welsh-Culture

1. Princessa profile image81
      Princessaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

47 now, that's amazing!!

Thank you HubMobsters for such an awesome response.

16. Chuck profile image83
    Chuckposted 14 years ago
  17. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

The new topic is out for the week... guess what is it:

http://i50.tinypic.com/jfc0g1.jpg
    (graphic made by http://hubpages.com/profile/Envoy)

1. profile image0

Is it somewhere over the rainbow?  And... errr... why does Princessa get all the gold?! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)