First of all, I have officially made it to the Las Vegas airport to head back to good ol' HubPages HQ after a crazy week in Las Vegas. I haven't really gotten any sleep today, so I apologize for any bad grammar, misspellings and what not. That's my disclaimer for the day.
So, after last week's overly amazing HubMob that we had , I wanted to keep the Mob'n up and running with some fun stuff that many of us Hubbers would really enjoy writing and reading about. We had almost 50 Hubs entered into last week's HubMobbing madness, which is sooooo awesome. Thanks to everyone who joined in on the fun! Below is proof of the awesoeness that is the HubMob!
This week's topic is going to be a little different and a is a pretty wide open topic that everyone should be able to figure out something to write about and contribute to.
This week's HubMob Topic is simply: Do it-yourselfers, How-Toers and Step-by-Steppers: Teach us something, Hubbers!. I created this week's HubMob topic because pretty much everyone can do one or two things really well and I'm super curious to see the exactly what those couple of things are. Feel free write about anything that's related to this topic, such as awesome recipes, carving a pumpkin, how to create a blog or even how to make a perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich.. As always, have a lot of fun with this and I'll see you soon!
To join this week's HubMob, please follow the steps below:
1. Come up with an amazing idea to write your Hub on that has something to do with the topic of creating an informative and interesting How-To, Step-By-Step or Do-It-Yourself that teaches the rest of us Hubbers and the rest of the world about something that you're a self-described expert on(or at least you think you are ). Make the topic your own and feel free to have fun with it, research it or wing it. It's up to you on how you write your HubMob Hub.
2. After you come up with your topic idea, click this link and answer the Request that I entered in for all of you HubMobsters. Feel free to use the tags that I suggested or add a few of your own.
3. Write a an awesomely comprehensive Hub that completely covers your topic idea. Be sure to add an RSS Capsule that includes the RSS feed to the rest of this week's HubMob entries (Link: http://hubpages.com/request/7213/best?rss) and also add one of the HubMob images below to your Hub so that everyone who reads it will know that it is part of the official HubMob topic of the week.
4. After you publish your HubMob Hub, reply in this Forum thread with a brief description of what topic idea you wrote about, why you chose it and a link to your newly published contribution to the HubMob. I mean, we all want to see, too!
5. Keep track of your Hub and keep us updated on any traffic that you're getting and post some screenshots if you end up HubMobbing a few search keyword over on Google.
BUT Ryan the rss feed link is wrong in the instructions, can you edit the first post? It should be request 7213 not the one you quote. If people cut and paste without noticing (which I just did... then caught it)
Going with humor this time, which is always tough. Let me know how I did.
Human Tetris is this hilariously funny game started in Japan. Many of you have probably seen the videos on YouTube, but if you haven't, definitely check it out in the hub. It was so funny when I first saw it that I laughed till I cried.
Ok I've got the rss feed part But now I have other problem. I added http://hubpages.com/request/7213/best?rss just as you stated Ryan, and hubs do appear when I click on the "Preview Feed" button, but when I complete the editing it shows a message saying the feed is not valid.
The only reason I can see why it isn't showing would be because you ticked the box that says, "DO NOT SHOW THIS CAPSULE." You also must save but I'm sure you know that already. If it is something else then I have no idea.
To use the logo, you must add a photo capsule to your hub. You get the link to the logo by right clicking on the logo then click properties. It will show you a link. You copy it then paste it into the photo capsule. Then you must click load photo. After that save and it will be there.
I did my hub on this weeks topic late last night and forgot to use the answer this request link. I have not publish the hub yet and was wondering how I can use the link now or if I can at all? Could someone please help me with this. Sorry, was tired when I done this.
Click answer this request and title it the same as the original but leave one extra space between two words of the title. Move your content from the original to the new hub and publish the new hub. After publishing the new hub, delete the original.
You are always very helpful sirdent. I am planning another how-to hub myself. I know mine are all crafty and girly, but I love writing on these topics . We need more crafty how-to's everyone, so I am encouraging all the Hubbers into crafting to get out there and write about arts and crafts .
We have all ( maybe not "all') done some thing like this-- it's a learning experience. We are not likely to forget the things we learn from mistakes. But, as my Mom used to say, "Life is too short to learn EVERYTHING from mistakes. " Some of us have learned by your experience. Thanks.
Hey profiler, Rochelle is right. I mean, one time I put my underwear on backwards and I didn't notice until lunch and at that point it was too late to do anything about it. I mean, backwards underwear - now who's the dumbass?
First of all, I hope that you all had an amazing weekend and it's great to see you all back here on HuPages....this is going to be an awesome week!Now, for all of you Hubbers out there who have been following my forum...
Hello, thank you to all the HubMobsters who took part in last week's Best gifts HubMob, we had 88 hubs with lots of original ideas for gift giving during the upcoming holidays. We had some new HubMobsters joining...
A big hairy hug to all the HubMobsters who took part in last week's HubMob and a warm welcome to all the new Hubbers who decided to become HubMobsters. We had a total of 20 hubs published on last week's...
For this week's HubMob, I have decided to cover a topic that is truly close to many people's hearts - their pets. I have never really been a pet owner, but as I meet more and more people I realize the huge role that...
Howdy y’all! I’m Christy, the Topic Queen. I’m delighted to meet you and very excited to be the new Weekly Topic Inspiration leader. I can’t wait to see the awesome Hubs you write for me!From now on, the Weekly...