The Helpful Health Hubs contest: Official Thread

Jump to Last Post 251-300 of 301 discussions (622 posts)
  1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 10 years ago

congratulations Nancy!

2. nancy_30 profile image61
    nancy_30posted 10 years ago

Thank you everybody.  I still can't believe I won.  It's been a fun month.  I've really enjoyed it and I'm kinda sad it's ending.

3. elbalazo profile image59
    elbalazoposted 10 years ago

Hey there folks!

Well, we are coming to the wind-down of the contest. I can't believe we are already one month hence...

So today's daily drawing winner is once again Ben Greenfield for his hub Why Magnesium Is The Most Important Mineral You’re Probably Not Getting!. Listen to the man!

Today there were 18 hubs total.

So as you probably know, to day is the LAST DAY to submit a hub for the daily drawing. The final topic for the daily drawing is Tips n' Advice.

And don't forget that Wednesday, we choose the final Best Hub and People's Choice awards, and then on April 2nd, we will be awaqrding the Grand Prize Winner...eeep!

Stay tuned,

Jacob

4. Green Lotus profile image58
    Green Lotusposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Nancy and Ben!

5. Internetwriter62 profile image82
    Internetwriter62posted 10 years ago

I had a lot of fun doing the Helpful Health contest, I even won one of the drawings and that really added to my experience. I hope to be able to enter into more events like this one. Great Idea!!!

6. alexandriaruthk profile image76

congratulations Ben Greenfield!

7. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

congrats Ben! helpful hub!

8. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 10 years ago

congratulations Ben!

9. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 10 years ago

Congrats, Ben!

I, too am going to miss the contest!  The good news is there are still quite a few hubs I didn't get finished "in time" that I can now revisit.  It was a great way to discover a world of topics.  Thanks, Jacob and Jason for all your hard work!

10. elbalazo profile image59
    elbalazoposted 10 years ago

Hi Hubbers!
    Well, we've reached the end of the road for the Daily Drawing. I can't believe that nearly a full month had gone by!

The Healthy Helpful Hubs Contest's final daily winner is Green Lotus for her great hub Are You a Health Freak?...Well? Are ya?

I just want to take a minute to thank everyone for all the great hubs that were written for the contest. As I've said many times already, I wish I were able to hand out more prizes. The content created on a daily basis was just remarkable. Thank you everyone.

BUT, the contest is not quite over. Stay tuned for Wednesday's People's Choice and Best Hub drawings, and then on April 2nd, we announce the grandaddy winner of the whole contest in the Grand Prize Drawing.

Also, if you haven't been able to submit any hubs in time, or have only partially finished ideas, finish up what you've started and publish them!

Cheers, Jacob.

11. rebekahELLE profile image88

congrats Green! go eat your chocolate cake! big_smile

congrats and good luck to all of the nominees ~~ I've bookmarked a lot of hubs from this contest.

thanks Jason and Jacob!

smile

1. Green Lotus profile image58
      Green Lotusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That I will...rE!! I'm a happy Hubber today

Congratulations to all the latest nominees and thanks so much Jason and Jacob!!

1. shazwellyn profile image77
        shazwellynposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well done Green!  That is fantastic!  x

12. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 10 years ago

I am so excited! My hub, "Healthy Cooking - The Naked Truth" has been nominated for the "People's Choice" award. That is too cool! Thanks so much!

13. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 10 years ago

Congrats to the winners! And everyone who participated! We're all winners!

I made three hubs (one of which is nominated for best hub of week 4) and am extremely proud of the three I published. My Helpful Health Hubs Trilogy!

1. shazwellyn profile image77
      shazwellynposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same here and ditto! smile

14. Om Paramapoonya profile image92
    Om Paramapoonyaposted 10 years ago

Agree with darkside. We're all winners! And thanks for the nom. smile

15. N. Ramius profile image79
    N. Ramiusposted 10 years ago

Well I got about 8 hubs out of the contest though no prize money. Guess that is still a victory.

16. alexandriaruthk profile image76

Oh I am so glad I am included as one of the nominee for the week! Thank you so much HP, Jacon and Jason for your efforts!!

Congrats to Ms Lotus todays winner!

17. Zsuzsy Bee profile image87
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 10 years ago

This was a month filled with fabulous hubs. Congrats to all and thank you all for sharing. I have gained a lot of knowledge.

18. emievil profile image69
    emievilposted 10 years ago

wow! a whole month of great hubs and I totally missed all of them sad.

I just want to add my congratulations to all the winners and the participants. Advance congratulations to the Grand Prize Winner.

19. rebekahELLE profile image88

wow, it's hard to vote this week, the hubs are really filled with great info!! I want to vote for all of them. big_smile

good luck!

thanks again HP for giving us this opportunity to spread our wings this month. I look forward to the next one.

20. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 10 years ago

Everyone who participated should be proud of their efforts. The 1,110 Hubs (yes, that's one-thousand, one-hundred and ten) were full of tons of useful health information and advice to hopefully millions of ongoing readers.

Give yourselves a big pat on your collective backs on a job well done, and congratulations to all the winners! smile

1. Hello, hello, profile image60
      Hello, hello,posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would like post my vote for   --  alexandriaruthk  --   but I find were to post it.  It have been clicking about and only keep finding the announcing of the contest and the list of the winner but nowhere where to post my vote.

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/topics/health/2155

Scroll down a little to where it says "Vote for the Best Hub" and you'll see the poll.  It's near the top.  Hope that helps!

21. alexandriaruthk profile image76

Thank you Jason, I had fun joining the contest and I have lots of health hubs now, and I am happy to say that all of it are my best efforts, and I am happy to be considered as one of the contenders for the weekly winner!

22. alexandriaruthk profile image76

SPAM deleted!

I hope you found your way Mam hello, Thank you!

23. Alota profile image60
    Alotaposted 10 years ago

prettydarkhorse - I think your health hub is excellent - well done.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Alota thank you, youre an angel!

24. AEvans profile image77
    AEvansposted 10 years ago

I completed two and had fun creating something different and outside of the box. smile

25. Jason Menayan profile image61

OK, everyone - the week 4 winners!

The judges' pick: How to Include Antioxidants in Your Diet by anglnwu

The people's choice: Understanding food allergy: notes from a mom who had it by alexandriaruthk

$100 to each of these 2 very worthy winners!

Stay tuned for the final Grand Prize announcement on Friday!

26. rebekahELLE profile image88

congrats to both of the winners!  excellent hubs.
    smile

27. profile image0

Congrats to the 2 winners today!  WOOT!  Can you believe this puppy is almost coming to a close?  It's been downright strange writing non-health related hubs.  yikes

28. Om Paramapoonya profile image92
    Om Paramapoonyaposted 10 years ago

Congrats to the winners! There should be a contest like this every month! It's been fun smile

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It was mentioned that there might be one every three months.

1. Om Paramapoonya profile image92
        Om Paramapoonyaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

YAY! big_smile

2. profile image0

That would be great!  I do believe this is the first one since I've been here.

1. darkside profile image81
          darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Paul said they're aiming to do four a year.

There has been one contest prior to this one. It would have been well over a year ago now.

1. wyanjen profile image81
            wyanjenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I will participate in future contests for sure.

Thanks for all who put in so much effort smile

29. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 10 years ago

Congratulations to winners and participants. And yep - be good to see this contest run again smile

30. Sufidreamer profile image80
    Sufidreamerposted 10 years ago

Have to agree - it was a good contest and there were some real diamonds produced. Great to see such a high standard of writing smile

31. alexandriaruthk profile image76

Congratulations to everybody and I am so glad to have won, thank you everyone specially to those who voted for me! I have never won anything before except the many gifts of being a mom!

32. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 10 years ago

Congratulations to the winners this week!  May you enjoy many more opportunities to showcase your writing.

33. shazwellyn profile image77
    shazwellynposted 10 years ago

Congratulations to everyone, especially the winners!  I have a great time participating and it has helped me too!  Brilliant idea! big_smile

34. Jason Menayan profile image61

I'm still waiting for affidavits for 2 winners of daily drawings (I'm posting here, in case they aren't checking their email, or >gasp!< my emails are trapped in their Junk Mail folders...)

- phoxphire
    - Debby Bruck

Please check your email, and return your signed affidavits to me so I can send you your $50 prize winnings! (If I don't hear from you, I'll assume you've forfeited and will pass on your winnings to the runner-up for the day)

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Since Debby and phoxphire never responded, we have 2 runner up winners:

- Green Lotus (for day 5)
      - allpurposeguru (for day 14)

They will receive the $50 prize, provided they are eligible.

1. Green Lotus profile image58
        Green Lotusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Jason! What a pleasant surprise

35. Jason Menayan profile image61

I'm happy to announce the Grand Prize Winner of the Helpful Health Hubs contest:

wordscribe41!

Our panel of judges chose her Hub, Free Weight Loss Tips from a Recovered Dieter, as the best among the finalists.

Wordscribe41, please accept our congratulations and $1,000 in prize winnings!

I'd also like to thank our panel of judges again:
    * Dr. Jan Gurley - Physician, Blogger, San Francisco Chronicle, Author, Owner, Live For Wellth
    * George Guerin - Blogger, Newark Star-Ledger, and Owner, PPTS Wellness
    * Tom Held - Reporter, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, and Blogger, Off the Couch
    * Hemi Weingarten - Entrepreneur, Foodie, and blogger at Fooducate - eat a bit better™

And, last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank all of the participants - your Hubs were fascinating reads (echoed by our judges) and you certainly deserve years of dedicated readership for your efforts.

We hope to hold a contest every quarter, so hopefully look for information at the end of May about a June contest!

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

wow!!! what a wonderful surprise to read this smile

can i have your autograph, WordScribe? wink seriously, congratulations. that is wonderful news. you worked really hard on those hubs.

http://i39.tinypic.com/5ap24k.jpg

36. rebekahELLE profile image88

WOW, wordscribe!!  congrats!! you deserve this win!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DzsFu_6-6g0/SbVEkj07IDI/AAAAAAAABtY/kf5d65gR7zE/s320/subha

37. profile image0

I'm stunned and well, a little frisky with excitement.  I kid you not, I actually did a little Steve Martin happy dance when I found out, my dog looked at me like I was nuts...

Thanks, Rebekah!

And, of course a huge thank you to the four judges.  And, kudos to Jason and Jacob, I know a lot of work went onto this on both your parts.  smile

Off to do some more dancing.  lol

congratulations Word! HOORAY!!

38. profile image0

Thanks, Maita.  Doesn't HP look naked without the contest decor?  It's a little, well... sad.

Yes it is word, but then I am glad I could now read work of other people which I havent read before, you and others!

It was a busy health month I was so productive and for that I am thankful for HP, Jacob and Jason!
      I have learned a lot rersearching about topics and reading other peoples work!

Word, did you get a snapshot of the contest page yet? hehe

Congratulations again!

39. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 10 years ago

Congrats wordscribe! You cleaned up! smile

It was a two horse race and one of those horses happened to be Phar Lap.

1. profile image0

Thanks, Darkside.  You had an excellent hub yourself.  Well, more than one.  smile

40. KCC Big Country profile image87
    KCC Big Countryposted 10 years ago

Congrats Wordscribe! This is a well-deserved win!

41. N. Ramius profile image79
    N. Ramiusposted 10 years ago

Wordscribe must be loaded now.

Congrats!

42. profile image0
    Imelledaposted 10 years ago

Congratulations wordscribe41! You certainly deserved to win with your great hubs!
    http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/images/congratchamp.gif

43. emievil profile image69
    emievilposted 10 years ago

Congratulations wordscribe!

44. alexandriaruthk profile image76

congratulations wordscribe!

45. profile image0
    renoelleposted 10 years ago

http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/images/congratstext.gif

Well done, wordscribe!!

46. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 10 years ago

Congratulations, wordscribe41 and everyone who took part!
    Well done!

http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/images/awesomespin.gif

47. profile image0

Thanks so much all.  And congrats to all the participants!  I hope everyone has a great weekend.

48. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 10 years ago

Congratulations to Wordscribe.  That was a very nice hub you wrote, and I'm glad all of your efforts led to the win.  Kudos.

49. wyanjen profile image81
    wyanjenposted 10 years ago

Congrats Green Lotus and allpurposeguru

I was only able to submit 6 hubs for this contest. Since I knew next to nothing about the subjects, I had to do a lot of research.

I'm happy to say that the six hubs I did for this contest are earning more than my earlier hubs are. If I was just writing from the top of my head, I would not have done the extra research (including keyword research.) smile

Health is not something I would have considered writing about. So, thanks for the contest guys! I'm looking forward to the next one.
    wink

50. Jason Menayan profile image61

Glad to hear that, wyanjen!

That is, of course, one of our primary goals: for Hubbers to publish high-quality, informative Hubs that generate healthy traffic for you and us for years to come.

The next contest will launch in June. Stay tuned...but I will give you a hint:

The contest should whet your appetite.

smile

1. wyanjen profile image81
      wyanjenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am totally writing a hub about wet burritos.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://maven.io/company/pages/privacy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)