The Helpful Health Hubs contest: Official Thread

Jump to Last Post 151-200 of 301 discussions (622 posts)
  1. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

I second that!  Thanks for the nomination, Jacob.

1. Money Glitch profile image62
      Money Glitchposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with everyone! Thanks for putting me in the peep selection, Jacob and elbalazo!  Congrats to the other 9 contenders; sorry I won't be voting for you (1 vote for me), but I will stop by for a read.  big_smile big_smile big_smile  Good luck everyone!

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

It's frustrating that after you vote you lose the ability to view the nominees.  Could you put the list here, Jacob.  I know you're not QUITE busy enough.  lol  Anyway, if you get a chance, that would be great.

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I voted and I'm not telling who... big_smile

good luck nominees!!

4. profile image53
    kennethyouposted 14 years ago

Arrrgh! Just noticed this contest... and the worst part is I can't even join because i don't live in those countries... -_-

5. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

Just wondering if you win one day for your health hub, could you possible be chosen again on another day or are you trying the share the hublove and $$$?

1. elbalazo profile image60
      elbalazoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You could win twice in a week, but we would really prefer to spread it around.
      Than being said, if you win one day, you are eligible the next if you write something on-topic.

6. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I'm curious how one hubber has two hubs on the nominations.

I didn't notice that. At this point, the people's choice nominations are set in stone, but I'll keep an eye out for next time.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Definitely do that. It's not fair to give someone a 1/5 chance to with a total of $200, when everyone else gets 1/10 chance. It should definitely be an equal 1/10 chance.

We wouldn't allow someone to win twice in the same People's Choice - if it were to come to that, which I doubt

That is good... Still gives one person greater chance to win than the others for just $100

2. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you referring to Imelleda having 2 of the 10 hubs this week?  Didn't wordscribe have 2 of the 10 nominated hubs last week?  Or are you talking about wordscribe winning last week, and nominated again this week?

Just the weekly nominations, not the daily ones. I am referring to one hubber having two hubs within the 10 choices for the same week.

2. elbalazo profile image60

Just to be clear here: all hubs except the Judge's picks win through a calculation, and not any editorial partiality.

The real issue is that we need more hubbers contributing to the contest.

As I mentioned in a previous reply, the number of entrants tends to taper off as the month goes on, and we are left with a pool of fewer hubbers to select from. That is the case currently. Most days the number of entrants hovers between 15-30 entries.
        It's no wonder then that a high-quality hubber would find their work consistently in the running.

If you want to spread the love, then help us help you by promoting the contest to other hubbers. We are happy to have anyone win, provided they can write quality content.

There were still plenty of really good hubs written for the contest last week, that shouldn't have called for 2 hubs from the same hubber.

Imelleda's hubs are good, and I don't mean to be rude or overstep boundaries. But in general, how can one say that a hubber with just 4 hubs and 2 weeks of experience be considered a high-quality hubber?

I do agree that towards the end of the month even more people will dwindle off the contest. People start to lose momentum after writing a lot and never winning or being chosen for a best. Reading this thread, people have lost momentum due to the ideals of what is being looked for in a hub in order to be considered good.

I am included in those who have lost momentum. I started the contest going to write 3 a day, but decided when I had to insert link and news feeds and whatever else, it wasn't worth it bc I don't want those things in my hubs. I write when I think of a good hub. Some days I may write 3 and others none. I don't expect to win a best because I am not including things that is a requirement for being considered good or one of the best. It is discouraging.

1. Money Glitch profile image62
            Money Glitchposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This will probably be viewed as a sore loser, however, I have to agree with you Whitney! It does seem to be unfair for one individual to have a 2/5 change or more of winning the overall prize. 

Especially when there are so many great writers participating.  And several of us have asked for the number of hubs entered to be posted daily. (Low participation on one day might get higher the next if we were keep in formed of the numbers daily, consistently). Overall I think these factors have caused people to become disinterested and or discouraged.

I don't usually rant, and I'm not intending to be ranting now. However I am an accountant and there appears to be a "money glitch" in the contest. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif Perhaps within the next contest the rules can be set where everyone has a better opportunity of having a chance to winning. big_smile

I realize it sounds like a sore loser, and yes, I am disappointed I haven't written anything that qualifies for 2 weeks of top 10 hubs.

That is the point. There are so many good hubs, and yet the excuse for 2 hubs by one hubber listed in the top 10 is that there just aren't enough to choose from. There just aren't enough that follow their qualifications- external links and filler stuff, which just isn't my cup of tea to add if I don't have to.

I'm still trying my best though. :-/ Just isn't good enough for anything other than a random win. Which is cool, but I'd like to be praised for writing something that the officials thought was good.

Links are the key here. Not style, topic, aesthetics, grammar, etc. I have seen very nicely laid out and written hubs that were passed over. I am rather disappointed, but not my rules. *shrugs*

And, yes, I'm glad to see Wordscribe win.

1. profile image0
                Om Paramapoonyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I see what you mean. I thought my hub "Lose Weight With Ginseng" was going to be nominated. I spent a lot of time doing research for that hub. But instead, my diabetic dinner hub (which I thought wasn't half as good as my ginseng hub) was nominated, probably because I included 2 videos and 1 poll. I didn't include any external link, though. But anyway, I was lucky enough to win so I shouldn't be complaining that my ginseng hub wasn't appreciated lol. Just saying I understand how Whitney feels. That's all.

2. profile image0
              Imelledaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did any of you - particularly Whitney - actually read either of the hubs I entered in the contest?

If you had, you would see that they are as high in quality as almost everything else around here. I did not realize that there was some kind of time limit before people here would judge a newcomer on the quality of their writing and not assume that because they have only been here a short time that they don't know how to write.

The grammar, spelling, and punctuation are certainly up to as high a standard as I have seen here. And I like to think my writing does have some flair and style. As well, I took time to try and add useful links, news links, and an entertaining/informational video clip or two.

I was very pleased to have had two of my hubs chosen. That seemed to say that this is a place where writers are valued for their abilities. I didn't expect to get many votes because I know not many people know me yet, but I did not expect this.

...and now even the pleasure of having two hubs nominated has been taken away by reading that they were only nominated because there weren't enough entries. Thanks so much for making my day.

I thought I would be accepted here on my merits and treated as a writer of at least some ability. It would seem that is not the case.

My sincere congratulations to both the winners.

1. profile image0

Sorry, Money Glitch - wasn't trying to blast you - just really hurt

2. profile image0
                Om Paramapoonyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your hubs are good, Imelleda. All I was trying to say in my earlier comment was that it's a bummer that some good hubs might have been overlooked because they don't contain links or videos. I didn't try to imply that the judges have bad judgement or the nominated hubs (including mine) didn't deserve it. I sounded kinda like an ungrateful winner, didn't I? Sorry HP. I'll shut up now!

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
                  Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought you explained it well - especially giving the example that your own "best" Hub was passed over in favour of the one that fit the formula better.   I certainly didn't read into it that you were having a go at any particular Hubber.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

If that's so, I'm disappointed. If the calculation is based on things like number of words, number of links, number of tables etc then it's not a writing contest.  As Lynda says, most of us would expect to be judged on things like style, writing for clarity, punctuation etc which can't really be calculated.  That's why some of us are disappointed the shortlist is being selected by a member of the Hub team rather than a fellow writer - I'd probably prefer some editorial bias, if it was in favour of good writing.

That said, the cream has come out on top because Wordscribe has written some great Hubs that fit the "calculation" and are well written as well.

1. profile image0
            wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Marisa!

7. elbalazo profile image60
    elbalazoposted 14 years ago

Ahoy,
    Today's winner is Jerry G2! Check out his hub on how to get cut the Brangelina way in Brad Pitt Fight Club Workout-- GRRR!!!
    He did all the work for you, so you don't need to worry about the paparazzi following your every move! Give him a hand!
    Today's topic is weight-training...so get to it gym-rats!
    Later.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image59
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats Jerry G2!

8. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Congratulations to all the nominees this week, HOORAY!~

9. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

Hey! I was nominated!!
    I woke up this morning to various "congratulation" emails and comments, and I was, like, "For what?"  Did a little searching, and, voila!

This is so cool!  What a great way to start the day.  I feel like putting on an evening gown and rolling out a red carpet.  (Okay, truthfully, that's no exaggeration.  Am I a dork or what? LOL)

SO ... thank you, to whomever it is that does the nominating.  This is SO cool, win or lose!

Good luck with the nomination! The content nominates itself, so you're the one who did it.
      As far as the red carpet and evening gown, I'm glad it didn't happen that way, because we might have shown up in the same dress, which would have been...awkward.

1. profile image0

lol lol  You're a funny guy, Jacob.

10. N. Ramius profile image74
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

What time is it right now in Pacific time? I'm confusing myself b/c EST just had daylight savings and not sure its effect on PST.

It is currently 11:05 PST.
      You can always use this resource: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

11. profile image0

Interesting about the calculation...  I'm curious, is hub score part of that equation?  I've noticed the hubs I've written earlier on in the week do better than the latter ones.  Those hubs have higher scores, naturally as they'd had the appropriate time to "rise".  Just curious...

Hubscores are not really counted in the contest because we are running other quality filters.

1. Lynda Gary profile image60
        Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ah, we all it all makes sense now, as in why things like style, writing for clarity, punctuation, spelling, etc. don't seem to be at the top of the priority list...

They still matter to ME, but, now I get it...

12. elbalazo profile image60

Hey folks,
    Give it up for Grant's World and his winning hub about starting on your path to being an adonis Weight Training 101. Congratulations!
    Today's topic is a little something for the ladies...no seriously, it is called 'Especially for Women'.
    We are looking for some good female-centered mental and physical health topics for tomorrow's drawing.
    Cheers!

1. N. Ramius profile image74
      N. Ramiusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How many entries?

24 today.

2. alexandriaruthk profile image59
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats Grant's World!

13. elbalazo profile image60

Congratulations to our Week2 winners!
    Week 2 Hub winner goes to wordscribe41
    Week 2 People's Choice award goes to Om Paramapoonya.
    Congratulations to both!

14. profile image0
    Om Paramapoonyaposted 14 years ago

Thanks! Now I'll have more money to spend on my trip to Santa Cruz this weekend (this coming sat. is my bday). And congrats wordscribe41. You won AGAIN! big_smile

1. profile image0

Congrats to you, too.  Perfect timing for your trip, huh?  Live it up in Santa Cruz!  smile

15. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

Congrats to the winners! smile

So, "mental health" fits under "Exercise & Fitness: Especially for Women".  Wow.  I wouldn't have thunk it.

But now that I know, I just may write another one...

Just posted my entry otherwise. smile

Honestly write as many as you like.
      To clarify, the emphasis is on the integration between mental and physical health this week, so you want to keep that in mind when writing an article.

16. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

I don't think she meant to include you, Om. It sounds to me like her feelings were hurt about Whitney's comments.

17. profile image0
    Imelledaposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Om Paramapoonya. I was upset with Whitney's comments, and I do apologize for my too-broad inclusion. I was not upset with anything you said.

I was so very happy to have two hubs nominated, and then to read that some writers felt I shouldn't have been nominated because I have not been here as long as other writers - regardless of writing quality, or any value the hubs might have - that really took the shine off my day.

and then to say it was only because there weren't enough entries! My hubs were nominated for best of the week! Not just for the day!

I had felt good to be included, and I now feel most unwelcome, and that quality and ability don't count for much here - just how long you've been here and how many people you know.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Imelleda - I'm sorry that you've been made to feel unwelcome here, but I can assure you that it was no one's intent.  The community here is great and most welcoming. 

There have been a lot of issues that have arisen since week one of this contest as to its fairness in how it's being conducted.  The details of how the hubs (top 10) are selected by only one person who has his own bias toward what he defines a "best hub" to be and such have really turned many good hubbers who were excited about this contest completely off.

You should continue to feel proud that two of your hubs were selected, regardless of how others feel about it.

I do hope that in the future, should there be another contest, the HP staff remember what happened this go round and they change things up a bit to make it more fair - more of a "real" contest.

BTW, welcome to HP!

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

I think this is worth repeating because there is a background hum of discontent that is bouncing around in private emails, but isn't being publicly expressed.  I suspect some Hubbers are afraid that if they say anything, they'll spoil their chances of being selected for the shortlist (although personally, I don't think the HubPages team would be that petty).

Like Lily, I hope the HubPages team will take this on board for the next contest. 

The main problem seems to be that many people thought they would be judged on their writing, and didn't consider the structure of the Hub.  So next time, the solution would be to state upfront that contest Hubs must meet Flagship Hub criteria.  Then there can be no complaints - no room for misunderstandings and it will put everyone on a level playing field from a Hub structure point of view, so the contest becomes about quality of content and writing. 

If budget permits, ideally the shortlist should be prepared by someone independent, to remove any perception of bias - and preferably someone who's a writer, so people can't complain they're not being judged on quality of writing.  But I understand there's a cost involved in that so it may not be practical.

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
          Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll be honest - this entire thread is a real downer for me since we've made a concerted good faith effort to reward high-quality Hubs in this contest.

As I've said before, there are no minimum requirements to be selected as a weekly finalist, beyond those for any eligible Hub (300 words, original, etc.) But since these are Hubs written on specific topical matters, and not novellas or other types of prose, then it should be obvious that the quality and amount of information, as well as how that information is presented, matters most.

As to the quality of writing itself: this is an entirely subjective matter, as much as some think Don DeLillo's writing is brilliant and some think it's uninspired dreck. I would be interested in seeing what objective criteria anyone could suggest to assess the quality of writing of a Hub.

There is absolutely no bias, and besides neither Jacob nor I know any of you personally. Some that have complained have still had Hubs selected as finalists!

As I've said before, presenting hundreds of candidates to our judges and community (in the people's choice award) would quickly kill their participation. We have to use our best efforts to winnow down the corpus of great Hubs to a number we can reasonably expect won't overwhelm those who do the final judging.

Regardless of what we choose as finalists, some of you will agree and some of you will disagree. But to call that unfair is, well, unfair.

1. Sufidreamer profile image77
            Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't be too down, Jason - there were many positives from the contest. 49 Hubs yesterday is a pretty good return and I just read Gracenotes' wonderful Hub - if that is the standard that you are aiming at, then that is great for Hubpages.

I just think that there was a little confusion at first - many people (myself included), assumed that the contest was going to operate more like the Hubnuggets, with a team of people selecting a shortlist of Hubs, covering a range of writing styles. I think that everybody knows what you are looking for, now, so onwards and upwards.

The standard of Hub produced has been exceptional, and the winners were all worthy - kudos to you and the team for making that happen. You have laid some good foundations and you should be proud of your work. Any new contest is going to need a few tweaks - that certainly doesn't mean that it was a waste of time smile

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
              Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sufidreamer. We are hoping to hold a contest quarterly, and hope to expand the countries eligible to participate each time (each contest is a confidence-building step).

Naturally, each topic will have its own twist so it'll never get boring. smile

2. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've really enjoyed the whole experience and it has encouraged me to write more!  I always like to join in the hubmob anyway and the contest was a nice little bonus!  Thank you hubpages for motivating us all... at the end of the day, our writings will still continue long after the contest has finished.  The whole exercise has helped with everyone's self development!

If it wasnt for the contest, I wouldnt have produced my herbal hubs - I really enjoyed doing them:)

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry the negative comments have upset you, but I thought you'd prefer to know if people were expressing concerns in the background rather than stay oblivious.  Only a few people said anything publicly but many were somewhat upset or confused - as Sufidreamer commented in his post.  And you have to allow for the fact that people who've got very excited and enthusiastic about something can be equally  negative when they're disappointed.

I suppose this is what I - and others - are not quite understanding.  You say there's no minimum requirement, yet the first thing you do, if I understand correctly, is to whittle down the entries by using various "quality filters". If they're objective and quantifiable, couldn't you have let people know what they were upfront, as criteria for writing the Hub?

Writing contests are held all over the world all the time and while there is a subjective element, writers accept that.  We were told the judges were fellow bloggers and writers, so we assumed it would be judged like a writing contest. 

Now you've explained it, we appreciate the logistical challenges you faced and why things were done the way they were.  The reason for my post was so you could hopefully make some changes if there is another contest, to avoid the misunderstandings that happened this time.

I suppose the only difficulty is that if you tell us your quality criteria upfront, we'll all comply and then you'll be left with no option but to try to judge the writing...

2. profile image0

Imedella... please dont feel down! smile

18. Whitney05 profile image82

Imelleda, I didn't say that your hubs were bad. I said that they are good, but I didn't and don't understand why you had two submitted for the top 10. That wasn't fair for all the other really good hubs that were also submitted for the week. It wasn't the quality of your hubs by any means; it never was. The concern was that you had a greater chance at winning bc you had 2 hubs in the top 10, and there WERE other good hubs that could have been up there in replace of one of yours, even though it was said there weren't enough to pick from in order to prevent a hubber from having 2.

I did look at your hubs, and I am sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent. My concern was that another hub could have been in place of one of yours, so that there was a fair chance for everyone who was in the top 10.

No one ever said anything bad about your hubs, but the fairness of you have 1/5 greater chance to win over the 1/10 chance everyone else had. That was the concern. I am sorry that it offended you or came off otherwise.

There are many good hubs written that are aesthetically pleasing and informative that have been written for the contest, and many of those are being overlooked because they don't fit a formula set forth for the contest.

1. profile image0

Thanks Whitney - but you certainly did make some comments about the quality of my hubs.

First you say they are good, and then you turn around and question the overall quality of my work by asking how I could possibly be a "high-quality" hubber because I have only been here for a couple of weeks.

TO quote you - "Whitney05 wrote:

There were still plenty of really good hubs written for the contest last week, that shouldn't have called for 2 hubs from the same hubber.

Imelleda's hubs are good, and I don't mean to be rude or overstep boundaries. But in general, how can one say that a hubber with just 4 hubs and 2 weeks of experience be considered a high-quality hubber?"

to continue...

Whitney, we really have no idea who any of us are here, or where else we might write. So I think we should be a little careful of saying that someone is not capable of being a high-quality hubber simply because they don't have a lot of hubs published and haven't been here long.

As well, comments were made about the criteria for judging - that style, grammar, punctuation, etc. weren't at issue - only links and media. As a matter of fact, one of the winners made a point of saying she had no links in her winning hub, so I guess links are not the only criteria.

I am discouraged, as a newcomer, that my abilities would be so commented on, and that people would react so negatively to a newcomer being nominated in a competition as to comment on it, and try to explain how it must have happened - after all it couldn't have been just because she is a good writer.

If, as we seem to be so fond of saying here, we want to be judged as writers, then perhaps we should offer others the same courtesy. Judge me by the quality of my work - and remember that two of my hubs were considered good enough to be nominated for the hub of the week...

Again, my sincere congratulations to the winners, and thanks to all who have offered their support to a "newbie" - I do truly appreciate it.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image54

congratulations to all the winners!

20. elbalazo profile image60

Hey everyone.
    Today's winner is rebekahELLE! Check out her hub Good Posture; Why Is It Important To A Woman?. Straight up! Seriously folks, I'll be here all night!
    Anyhow, today's topic is Fitness for Children. Definitely interesting stuff.
    Cheers,
    Jacob

21. elbalazo profile image60

Oh and by the way, the hub count for today was 33.
    I'll be better about including that in the posts.

22. rebekahELLE profile image86

how exciting! thank you. big_smile

23. profile image0

Congrats, rebekahELLE!!!

24. profile image0
    Imelledaposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Lily Rose, and congratulations, rebekahELLE!!!

25. rebekahELLE profile image86

thanks wordscribe and imelleda and congrats to both of you as well.

as far as I understand the contest is open to every single hubber regardless of how long someone has been writing here. I know from comments I've seen that the contest has also drawn new people in who have knowledge about the topics. contests generally are for promotion. there are many very good hubs being written and they're being indexed fast. that's a good thing for all of us.

1. profile image0

Very well said...  It's also been a nice way to learn about talented new hubbers, Immelleda, for one.

26. prettydarkhorse profile image54

Congrats Ms Rebekahelle,

27. Whitney05 profile image82

Imelleda,
    You don't have to quote me. I remember what I said. The comment was not made in disrespect to your hubs, as I stand by what I said, they are good. The comment was merely a question as to how one can deem a hubber of a few weeks high quality; the hubber not the hubs was my question. It was a general question that really wasn't geared specifically to you (although, I realize it sounded as such, that wasn't the intent). I am sorry to offend you. I never said that you weren't a quality hubber; I was just posing a question.

Also, I was not the one who started the comments in regards to grammar not being a concern, so please don't throw all of that on me. I didn't see any hub without an external link; I must have missed the one you're referring to.

I have contacted you privately so that we don't have to keep conversing on the forums.

I just wanted to keep it public that I was never trying to offend you or say that you are a bad hubber who writes bad hubs. I never said that.

28. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, RebekahELLE!

29. Money Glitch profile image62
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

http://i32.tinypic.com/fml0uw.jpgCongratulations, RebekahELLE!

30. rebekahELLE profile image86

thanks hubbers. big_smile you're so nice!

31. Isabelle22 profile image61
    Isabelle22posted 14 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners and for those who didn't win, you are winners too. Great job everyone.

32. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Congrats Rebek!!! big_smile

1. Green Lotus profile image61
      Green Lotusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You did it RebekahE! Congratulations!!

33. Debby Kurniawan profile image58
    Debby Kurniawanposted 14 years ago

I Go Go

34. calicoaster profile image78
    calicoasterposted 14 years ago

Oops... I guess I am not eligible for the contest. I read the rules now only, after creating a hub on today's topic!! I wish I could have participated too.

You can still participate, as there's nothing that says you can't write hubs on the topics. You just won't be eligible to win anything.

2. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you've not eligible for contest prizes, you can still enjoy the publicity of the topics and join the HubMob. 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38389

35. susanlang profile image61
    susanlangposted 14 years ago

My Congrats go out to all the writers in this contest. I think your all winners. Good Luck!

36. elbalazo profile image60

Feliz Friday Hubbers!
    Today's winner is Pamela 99. Check out her excellent work in the hub Family Fitness Promotes Child Fitness. Congratulations!

(BTW: Total hubs for today are 21.)

Today's topic is Quick Workouts, something that I could use along with a quick nap wink.
    So there you have it.
    Also, HubPages Wizard Fawntia Fowler will be taking over for me tomorrow, so look out for her daily winner post tomorrow!
    Cheers,
    Jacob

37. profile image0

Congrats, Pamela!!!

Hey, Jacob... little problem.  There's a thread going in the "Report a problem" category about uploading pictures.  It's been going for a few days now and staff has yet to address the problem.  You can read more about the details of the specific issue(s) there so as not to be redundant.  However, after the debacle I had this morning trying to upload pictures, I'm finally fed up enough to bring it here.  I BARELY made the deadline as a result of this neverending issue.  I thought I was going to have to abandon ship there for a while.  And trust me, I allowed plenty of time to set up the hub.  Any information about whether admin is aware of this photo loading problem?  Any headway being made?  Thanks, Jacob!

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38695

I will forward this immediately. Sorry about the hassle. Thanks for coming to me about it.

38. Green Lotus profile image61
    Green Lotusposted 14 years ago

Here's my Quickie Hub!

Body Rolling: The Quick, Easy, Effective Workout

<snipped - do not promote your hubs in the forums>

And a big congratulations to you Pam!!

1. profile image0

Oh, I think Green made an error here... she should have posted in hubmob - easy mistake to make!

39. profile image0

Thanks so much, Jacob.  I appreciate your fast attention...  smile

40. alexandriaruthk profile image59
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

Congrats Pamela!!

41. rebekahELLE profile image86

congrats pamela! big_smile

42. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Congrats to all of the winners so far and I am also having fun writing about the topics! Keep up the good work! smile

43. prettydarkhorse profile image54

congrats Pamela!!

44. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
    Fawntiaposted 14 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm taking over for Jacob today to announce the winner of the Daily Drawing. The winner is (for a second time!) alexandriaruthk with her Hub Quick exercise for post natal moms : achieving "tummylicious" look. There were 34 Hubs about quick workouts in the running.

Congratulations, alexandriaruthk!

45. profile image0

YAY!!!  Congrats Alexandriaruthk...

46. rebekahELLE profile image86

congrats alexandria. smile

47. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

What day are we on now?  Can anyone confirm this with me please smile

1. profile image0

Saturday, March 20:
      Cardio & Aerobic Exercise

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks wordscribe - just wanted to get the timing right! big_smile

1. profile image0

My pleasure.  I'm even IN the exact HP time zone and I still find myself checking and double checking!  lol

1. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL... You must be in San Francisco then.  It is 1am here - 8pm where you are?

1. profile image0

Portland, Oregon.  Where are you?

1. profile image0

Im from Great Britain! smile

48. Money Glitch profile image62
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Congrats to Alexandriaruthk...http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0005.gifWay to go!

49. alexandriaruthk profile image59
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Thank you everyone, Ms Fawntia and Jacob! and HP  people!!! I really apprciate it, I am very happy to wake up this morning and I won again!

50. MM Del Rosario profile image87
    MM Del Rosarioposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Alex... well done!!!!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)