Okay Money Hubbers How was February?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 62 discussions (117 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

To my surprise it turned out more than okay.

I've been here about a year and recently the older hubs written for Spring and Summer stuff started to produce sales again. Nelle and "her sisters" have written almost 500 hubs in 11 months. And I think I'm completely Hub Obsessed. I have to force myself to work on other projects. I'm dreaming about hubs and I find myself saying to Matt when we're out and about, "That'll make a good hub." Now, he's even saying it to me!

I'll reach $2,000 this month and it seems to be a level that I can maintain from month to month. Ebay is responsible for a lot of it. The new system and I seem made for each other.

But Amazon has contributed some surprising sales - of things I don't even have on my hubs. And slowly I am getting the hang of writing for hubs for Adsense. Although I don't think I'll ever be great at it.

1. Veronica Allen profile image69
      Veronica Allenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nellie you are an inspiration! I haven't quite gotten the hang of the whole Adsense thing yet and E-bay rejected my application, but I'm doing so-so with Amazon.

In the end, I think it's great if you can find something you really love to do, and get rewarded for it at the same time. Keep on trucking!

2. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Nelly you are the queen of Hubpages. It is so good to hear stories of success like yours. You are def a huge role model for me here.

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i concur! i started getting blue because January was so sluggish then i cheked last night and was pleasantly surprised smile

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cosette, with a face like yours you can get 'blue' any time tongue

2. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

That's fantastic Nelle!  I've got a looonnnng way to go -- still getting only pennies a month.  sad  But, as you say, spring is around the corner, and who knows. 

Either way, I'm happy that you're doing so well!

3. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I am just jealous Nelle. Sounds like you are doing great! smile

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohma, You're a wonderful writer with different priorities. I just read your last hub about managing a convenience store and being robbed. Very scary stuff.

4. profile image0

But you're still here working at it Beth. I remember so many of the hubbers who started when I did and left. Some were so promising and making money. A few left their hubs up and I email them from time to time. I wish they'd come back.

5. HubPagesReport profile image59
    HubPagesReportposted 14 years ago

great. But to me it's rock for my earnings only through AdSense. I am not interested to others i.e. Amazon, EBay or Kontera.

6. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

That one was by far the worst. There have been many.

7. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

By the end of this month, I'll have earned a little over $250 between amazon and adsense. Last month was a little over $200ish, so I'm definitely seeing a good increase for very little work!

That just covers my car payment, so now my goal is to earn more to cover additional monthly bills!

I wish I could get approved for eBay.

1. profile image0

That's wonderful you're increasing. I think the way you set your sights on one goal and then look at specific bills to pay really works. I do stuff like that to stay motivated too

I don't understand why ebay doesn't approve you. You write hubs that sell stuff and that's what they want. Do you have your own site, where you sell stuff?

1. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't have my own site that sells things (I currently only monetize it with adsense).

I am thinking of re-applying to eBay; probably will this weekend now that I think of it. smile However, last time, I didn't even get a response back which I thought odd. It's been 3 or 4 months and I do have a lot more content now...but who knows if that is good enough since I didn't get a reason last time!

1. Mutiny92 profile image64
          Mutiny92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

eBay rejected my application too.  They said that this is a 3rd party network, but that doesn't make sense to me.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mutiny, "3rd party network" means you're writing on somebody else's website, not your own.

The only people who are using eBay on HubPages are people who either qualified under eBay's old rules, or people who got approved on their own website.  Assuming you're not in one of the prohibited countries, you could get approved if you start your own site - then you can use it on HubPages too.

8. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Great work Nelle. Girly-girl seems to be doing really well here. And Nelle, don't forget to congratulate your sisters from us. big_smile

1. profile image0

Thank you Ultimate Hubber from all of us. The sister who gets stuck writing the Adsense hubs wants an extra share of the pie. She's the most miserable of us.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I too have found it really hard to earn big bucks from Adsense.

9. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm doing ok. Adsense is my friend, over Amazon. I wouldn't mind making use of Ebay and it's a loss all round because I can't. Them, me and HP.

With Amazon I usually make sales related to what I write about. Occasionally get a random sale non-related.

Plus I freelance now so that is making a nice difference between eating/not eating as I'm pretty much unemployed.

No complaints though, it's all good smile

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

you're such an inspiration nelle. congrats and thanks for spreading the knowledge. I'm just happy to see decent clicks. each month is getting slowly better.

11. Ivorwen profile image64
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Amazon has been better this month, than last, but AdSense has been awful!  I have about the same # of clicks that I had at this point last month, but with twice the traffic and a quarter of the earnings!  sad

12. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I have actually had a worse month than January this month, with some pretty poor Amazon sales.

I am hoping that the upcoming Hubpages competition will put me in place for some year round sales as well as (hopefully) a prize or two!

1. profile image0

At least you're not wallowing. Great that you're going for the Health Hub competition. That's one topic I don't write about, so I'm sitting it out. I wish I could give my U.S. standing to someone who doesn't live in the right country.

I normally avoid health too, but I thought I might as well give it a shot.

I have started writing up some of the competition Hubs already, it's actually quite refreshing to be writing something new, since I took on a freelance job for a load of digital scale articles recently which is intensely boring.

2. thisisoli profile image71

I think I can safely blame it on being out of action for a fortnight after surgery and preperation for my interview at teh US embassy (Visa granted big_smile ) Nevertheless I do wish this months earnings were beter, I will just have to try harder!

13. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Great job Nelle, and girly-girl.  I too, noticed an increase in February from Adsense.  I actually did better in January for Amazon and Ebay, but now they seem to be picking up again.  I am seeing growth.  Clicks for higher amounts, more clicks and more clicks per hub.

1. profile image0

Lakeerieartists good work! I love that in a very weak economy we're actually making our own "green shoots" of recovery.

14. LizzyBoo profile image60
    LizzyBooposted 14 years ago

I am writing such a short time but I have to say I like Adsense. This month was pretty nice for me. Even I did not write for 2 weeks the clicks kept comming and I just realised that I am still on a track. Even I have not earned a lot I am glad there is a place for me. At the moment I am just so happy that my hubs people reading and some coins upto it makes my day.

All the best Nelle and everyone who like writing. Lizzy

15. profile image0

LizzyBoo I'm glad you're enjoying HP and are working well with Adsense.

Don't you just love it when you make even a little money and you haven't done anything? I was sick with the flu for four days and didn't do anything except barf. And when I finally felt better, there was more money in the accounts. Passive income is a wonderful thing!

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second this!!! big_smile I didn't come on here for two or so months last semester and I still got two bank deposits automatically at the end of every month. You can't beat that!

2. LizzyBoo profile image60
      LizzyBooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, you are right. I was away for 2 weeks. In the beginning I was in special camp for dissabled people. As my sister is dissabled I wanted to support her. When we got back I started to not feeling well. I had a high fever and I could not do anything at all for 10 days.

Nelle you know what is the hardest ? You want to write so much as it goes in your head but you cannot. That was so hard for me as I really could not sit. My head was just spinning. That's why I was so happy.

16. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Nelle I have noticed that a number of your Hubs are not open to reply has that helped with the marketing hubs?

17. Karina S. profile image61
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

Good job, Nelle!

1. profile image0

Thank you!

18. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Not too bad!  I'm sure I'd do better if I'd put my nose to the grindstone. I'm just not motivated, too busy looking online for a house 3,000 miles away & keeping our house up to show.

I doubt I'll partake in the contest, I know little about health and no clue what people want to read in regard to it.  I suppose I could go on a research spree smile

19. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I'm starting to feel like I understand this well enough to give it a shot.
    I would like to create a separate account for marketed hubs. It would be easier for me keep track of what I am trying to do, I think.

My question is: If I do this, what can I expect in terms of traffic? I understand that traffic from HP is not the goal.
    I do not have enough hubs, and several that I do have are subjects I was just screwing around with. With that in mind, I get less than 100 views per day. I'm not very good at backlinks yet. tongue

If I start with a new account, and only put up product-type hubs, how long should I expect to wait for traffic to pick up? I haven't given up backlinking - just still learning. My views from Google to my existing hubs are gradually increasing, but I don't know if that is typical. Or what typical even is lol

How should I go about promoting new hubs from a new account? I don't pay for backlinks, and I don't have my own website or blog. (I'm working toward a blog though.)
    Or, should I put all of this on hold until I have more going on?

That's a lot of questions... thanks for any advice you have for me!
    smile

20. profile image0

Wyanjen all of "my sisters" as I refer to my other accounts are doing fine. They mostly have no fans and the hubs have no comments. And they never come to the forums.

They get external traffic as quickly as my "Nelle Hubs." They are indexed in google the same day they are written. Some even make sales that day. I do a lot of backlinking from blogs and webistes from outside HP.

It is easier to switch gears and write different types of hubs with separate identities. And as you get a large number of hubs it is easier to use them efficiently when they are separate.

I have a series of about a dozen blogspot blogs and they are wonderful for backlinks. I also use Squidoo lenses, shetoldme and a few other places like that.

1. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK. Before too much more time goes by, I'll go ahead and get started with it.
      I'm only a little nervous because my "wj" hubs don't draw a lot of traffic. Like I said, my content isn't meant for a wide audience, so it's no surprise. But - this makes it very difficult to see whether I'm setting things up correctly.

I can handle what you're suggesting throughout this forum (if I didn't work full-time, I'd be on my way already)

Thanks so much for sharing Nelle
      Thanks to ALL hubbers who take the time.
      smile

1. profile image0

If you work full-time, you don't need to make hubs as quickly, and that's very okay. I think of all this stuff as my retirement fund as well. So if you build up a web presence little by little, in a few years, you'll be sitting pretty too!

1. Mike Rogers profile image59
          Mike Rogersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle,

I think that is one of the most compelling things for me about passive monetization. While some items and products may have a shorter online shelf life, many are topically evergreen and will continue to produce income in increasing amounts over time.

I'm already looking forward to your next monthly report.

Mike smile

21. profile image0
    rethansmithposted 14 years ago

Things are a bit below average for me adsense-wise, but that is mainly because I am starting to shift my focus a bit in the direction of Amazon sales.  In the end, I think the slight re-focus will be for the best.

This is also the first month I have started to see some money from the new eBay program - and I think I am starting to get the hang of it.

We shall see what March brings...

22. World Marketing profile image41
    World Marketingposted 14 years ago

By the end of this month with adsnse and amazon, about $300

1. profile image0

World Marketing if you're making $300 with only 8 hubs that's phenomonal. Or $300 with a bunch of hubs isn't chump change.

23. profile image0

RethanSmith good luck with the ebay program. Once I started to "get" the new ebay program, I couldn't believe how the sales started to come in. There are so many possible products and niches, you're bound to find something you enjoy writing about and that makes it so much easier.

For me it's like pretend shopping.

24. Mike Rogers profile image59
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

Nelle,

I was wondering if you could contrast your experience with ePN versus Amazon. I'm a huge Amazon advocate but would be appreciative of any information you could share about them in comparison as related to Hubpages.

Mike smile

1. profile image0

Mike I do really well with both of them and they both pay very reliably which is not the case with a lot of affiliate programs. I have about 200 Amazon hubs, 250 Ebay hubs and 50 Adsense Hubs.

The Amazon hubs are older and I can feel them gaining traction. But the ebay hubs seem easier to convert.

I've stopped creating Amazon hubs because Amazon automatically cuts affiliates if their state adopts an internet sales tax and ebay does not. Hubbers from both RI and NC have told me that they are still in the ebay program. So that's the big difference to me. I live in Massachusetts which is right next to RI and that means it could spread. And HubPages is located in California which is actively considering such a tax again this year. It passed the legislature last year and the governor vetoed it. If this wasn't the case, I would still be making Amazon hubs.

25. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

So far, this is my best month on adsense. smile

1. profile image0

That's great to hear Cagsil. I love all this good news and upward trending in otherwise hard times. Makes me optimistic that if given half a chance we can make our own way in the world.

26. leigia67 profile image69
    leigia67posted 14 years ago

First, I love hearing about those of you making money...gives me hope!.  Second, I really have no idea whether I am on the right track or not. I've only been on here about a month and have about 25 hubs.  Some I wrote just because I wanted to, others with either Amazon or adsense in mind.  I have had about 1000 page views but have only made $8 on adsense and nothing on Amazon.  I am getting traffic from outside Hubpages, but I guess they are not clicking or I am not doing something correclty.  Am I just being impatient?  Also, the way I understood it, we could no longer get accepted to Ebay unless we had a seperate individual website...is that correct? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :>

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
      Don Simkovichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For 5 weeks, I think you're doing quite well. You're off to a good start and as you keep writing, I'm sure you'll learn how to tailor the Hubs for Adsense -- or, rather, Adsense for your Hubs. One of my most popular Hubs that pulls regularly for me took about 8 months before it generated traffic on Hubpages.

1. leigia67 profile image69
        leigia67posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the encouragement...sounds like I'm just being impatient!

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

$8 in Adsense for a mere 1000 impressions is an extremely good conversion rate.

Thanks...I had no idea if that was good or not :>

3. AlanSwenson profile image66
      AlanSwensonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been here one month and have about the same stats with a good conversion rate as well.  check out my hub about my first month and compare yours. http://hubpages.com/hub/My-First-Month-on-Hubpages

27. profile image0

leigia67 I don't know about getting into ebay at this time. It sounds like your off to a pretty good start. I think you should just keep on keeping on. Make more hubs and get a better idea of what works for your style.

Welcome to HP! And yes HP should give you hope, because it is possible to make good money here!

Thanks Nelle...and I'm so impressed at what you have been able to do in such a short time!  If you say I'm on track then I feel better!

28. Cagsil profile image69

Hey leigia67,

Welcome to HubPages. And I very glad you're off to a good start. However, the more content on your hub, the better. Meaning, it might be time for you to hit the forums, just like you have now.

By getting exposure in the forums, people check you out and your hubs. If they like what you have, then they will add a comment(more content). You can even have brief conversations in your comment section, because it add content to you hub.

When search engines look for hubs, it looks for freshness of content. Comments keep up your hub refresh rate. You responding to them makes more changes, thus refreshing you hub with new content.

So, with that said...Welcome to the Forum Community! smile

Thanks...I didn't realize that!  I will make a point of being more social then :>  Thanks again!

29. Cagsil profile image69

I just say it can help. The Community is about helping others to improve. I don't know if you've done this or not? and if you would like...post like 3 or 4 links in the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum, and have your hubs critique by other members.

Most of the time, others can possibly pick up on things to help improve the quality of your hubs. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them...and obviously you are making some money already from them, which is good. But, it doesn't hurt to give yourself the exposure. Plus, others might find things you missed? Maybe.

I apologize, if I'm out of line. Just trying to be helpful. smile

30. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 14 years ago

It's good reading this and also frustrating at the same time. I applied for an eBay affiliate last Fall and got turned down even though many of my Hubs would fit eBay products. I'm doing better writing for AdSense and I'm on my way to getting my second $100 check . . . the first one was after 2 yrs and the second one will be after 7 months . . . but now, I've learned so much more.

I made one Amazon sale after 2 years for 36 cents -- that happened this past week!

1. profile image0

Well there you go Don, your first Amazon Sale! I always believe that if you can make $1 you know how to make a 1,000 of them. Just do what you did a thousand times! Or some variation of that.

It's true though that once you get a rhythm going in anything the success starts to pile up.

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
        Don Simkovichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelie, I agree . . . I'm not exactly sure why I haven't made more on Amazon. But I feel I have "learned" Google Adsense or have gained a strong understanding of it. the principles are the same. Thanks for responding and I have spent time studying your Hubs. I do have a web site where I may go ahead and get an eBay affiliate and then transfer it to HP.

31. profile image0

Thisisoli Congrats on the Visa! That's great news. And hope you're all healed up as well.

32. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi guys! Adsense in January was bad for me but February is very good, I got a double digit total!  As for Amazon, January was better than February for me, but I think that's because most of the hubs I have written lately were hubs and not Amazon focused. But I'm still impressed that my writing is actually generating something.

33. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Oh how I miss my eBay earnings.  It has been a transition and at one point I even thought of walking away from everything.

Well I just altered what I am doing and once again things are starting to look up.

One day I will get the income back.

Nelle is definatly and inspiration along with many other hubbers.

Dale

1. profile image0

Dale there are so many options of online commerce, you will find a new way. Two Christmases ago I had six merchants, to which I had committed an entire site each, declared bankruptcy in one week. I lost the income of six moneymaker websites all at once! eeek.

Then two months later I found HubPages and something new opened up! Tis the way of the internet. Who knows what will happen next!

1. KeithTax profile image73
        KeithTaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, it isn't just the internet, but the way of life. When one door closes, another opens. The universe is in balance.

Everyone open your eyes; the mediatation is over.

34. Mieka profile image63
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Wow, some of you have some impressive earnings. Since I am not too impressed with mine so far (1,13 euros), I am currently backlinking the hell out of my hubs, before I post new ones. It is an annoying job, but apparently it's got to be done smile

Good luck for next month everyone!

1. profile image0

Good Luck to you too Mieka. We'll all get together next month more another round of Money Hubbing stories and support!

35. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

How was February?

It's not over yet... so I'll have to get back to you in a few days.

1. profile image0

I got my days confused and thought today was the 28th. So it'll even be better on Sunday.

36. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I had a very good month and do well with Adsense it always feels good when money goes into your account,I was just paid for January and now I am looking forward to February so long as I make money every month I am happy!  Amazon is second and thank goodness you gave me the tools on that Nelle. smile

37. ambieca profile image60
    ambiecaposted 14 years ago

I haven't made any money with amazon and only a little more than a dollar with adsense sad  But i definetly feel inspired with other's successes!

38. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

February has been quite good by my standards, I've earned a total of $288.   $25 of that is from Amazon, which is a surprise.

39. Mike Rogers profile image59

Nelle,

Thanks for your response to my ePN versus Amazon question. You make some very valid points. I think my own "good" experiences with Amazon and similarly my own "poor" experiences with eBay and ePN are keeping me firmly in the Amazon camp currently on Hubpages.

It is something I am constantly monitoring and rethinking. Thanks for the feedback.

Mike smile

40. profile image0

Mike you definitely gotta go with personal experience. If it wasn't for the internet tax issue - I would be making 45% Amazon, 5% Adsense and 50% ebay hubs. Amazon is a great program. And I've done very well with it.

41. Mike Rogers profile image59

Nelle,

The intriguing thing about ePN is the new quality click payout. In many ways it's a more graphic more engaging AdSense, which I think is why it converts and produces so well.

I'm trying to get past my own eBay prejudices wink

Mike

42. profile image0

OMG I'm a role model blondepoet! That is quite the compliment. I always enjoy your posts. The lift my spirits.

43. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 14 years ago

I've only made about 3 cents so far from Adsense and I've made nothing from Amazon. What is this "backlinking" that people have been mentioning?

I have a hub about backlinks, take a look!

Also, remember that overall SEO and advert optimization are just as important as backlinks!

1. profile image0
        LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by SEO and advert optimization?

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) includes backlinking, and is a huge topic, Google would be your friend there, but there are a lot of hubs about it too!

I have a few basic hubs on advert optimization, which is basically ensuring that you make the most of your adverts, by placing them correctly, targetting products and so on!

2. She-rah profile image66
      She-rahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've had a really hard time with backlinking too, I just couldn't get the computer language down enough to understand what I was reading. There's a lot of really good info on it from other hubbers. A backlink is a link of your hub that you place on another site to take them to your hub. Google, Digg, and She told me are currently ones I've been practicing with because I'm still in the learning process. I seriously needed specific instructions in laymans terms. Just keep reading and you'll get the hang of it. Digg is the easiest for me to post my hubs on because at the bottom of your hub you have a "share it" button if you click on it then you'll see Digg. Go to Digg, open and account, participate by digging or commenting on others links and post your own links to your hubs using the "share it" button. Make sure you digg other articles!!! Shetoldme.com works the same as Digg but you can't link using the share it button. You have to go to the website copy and paste your hub url (http://...), insert your tracker in your hub url so you can track visits from that site. That's how I've been doing it anyway. Put your links in your Profile/Bio of Digg, google, and She told me,  and also post your links on the website.  Here's a webpage that I used that really helped get me started. Really good step by step instructions:
      http://arindamchakraborty.com/how-to-ge … e-and-digg

Hope this helps!

heyy, read my guide on backlinking, Digg is a no-follow site which means it is of very limited benefit to your website, as is stumbleupon

1. She-rah profile image66

Hi thisisoli- I read a lot about digg and google being no follow. Did you take a look at my link above? It says they are no follow if your just posting for the community or diggs but if they are put in your Profile/Bio they are do follow. can't find a whole lot of clarification on this, so I've been doing both. Do you know for sure? I will definitely take a look at your guide but I'm still having a hard time understanding all the computer lingo. Getting better with time. Thanks for the info.

I am not sure about Digg having do follow links on the profile page, if you go on to your profile on digg, view the source code and check the source code for your links, you should be able to see whether they have the text rel="no-follow" in the link code!

1. skyfire profile image79
              skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Plus if you want to check instantly then better install "nodofollow" add-on of Firefox that will shown nofollow links with just one right click.

1. She-rah profile image66

Thanks Oli, I will look in the code!
                Skyfire- will check out the firefox add-on, thank you for the tip.

I think I might have the add on where I right click for a list of back links but only yahoo is showing my hubs. The rest like google, digg, it shows the whole website stats, and not my hubs. Not sure if it's the right one and I don't quite know how to use it properly yet.

44. profile image0

It's so sad to see all the numbers on the spreadsheet at zero!

1. Mike Rogers profile image59
      Mike Rogersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Think of it as an artist looking at a blank canvas would, Nelle wink

Mike

45. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Okay, now that February is actually over, I can say that it was my best Feb in four years, with upwards trends still continuing.  And my eBay sales which really tanked in Jan recovered a lot. 

Looking back over my earning pattern graph, April (US tax month) is traditionally the lowest earning month of the year for me, so I'll be curious to see how it pans out this year.

46. profile image0

Best February in 4 years. That's great - considering all of the distractions this year including the Olympics.

I don't have a month that's always the worst each year. They all scare me!

1. Ms Chievous profile image67
      Ms Chievousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Olympics was my saving grace.  My one hub on Olympic apparel skyrocketed and brought in a lot of adsense.  Ther were days I had well over 1000 hits on one hub.  My Adsense hit almost 300 dollars this month! Of course everyone was looking for clothing items that were not for sale. My Amazon did pick up despite the fact they were not carrrying the olympic outfits everyone wanted. I brought in  over 150.00 on it this month.  You just never know!

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's inspiring to hear Ms Chievous. I gotta write some amazon hubs, I've been behind on that.

47. Flightkeeper profile image67

One day I'm going to be in a conversation that Nelle and Relache just had.

smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too smile

mtsi! we're on. A year from now, we'll have close to a conversation that Nelle and Relache just had wink

1. profile image0

you got it - have you ever noticed how close our stats are?

Look at that! Well, regardless of where we are we should keep writing good hubs, Nelle and relached have like a zillion.  Are you making an income each month? Mine is small and uneven but I'm glad I'm generating any money.

1. profile image0

about the same but it is something...gotta go - cya!

48. Flightkeeper profile image67

mtsi - I'll see you and talk to you later.

49. She-rah profile image66
    She-rahposted 14 years ago

I've been writing hubs for a month in my spare time, 8 so far. I've made $.70 from an Amazon sale and a $1.50 with 1 adsense click. Lots of impressions but only 1 click. Backlinking has been my monster since I'm pretty much computer illiterate, lol. So far, over 500 page views for the month. My first couple hubs were more for practice and getting the hang of this. The series I just started is doing pretty well and I'd like to join the new contest but not enough confidence yet. I'm guessing patience is a virtue. Am I on my way to anywhere?

50. She-rah profile image66
    She-rahposted 14 years ago

BTW, wanted to send out a big thank you to the hubpage community! Everyone here has been so wonderful and helpful when I ever needed questions answered or advice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)