jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Picture question

1. profile image0
    stay_home_mommy3posted 7 years ago

Ok, so I'm trying to add a picture from Amazon to my hub, but the picture comes out very pixelated.  I've tried resizing it in infran view, and it won't resize and it still looks pixelated.  I did read a hub about how to resize, but eveidently didn't understand it.
    Thanks for your help and sorry if I sound stupid, still not on my second cup of coffee yet!

1. FranyaBlue profile image79
      FranyaBlueposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If it is the picture of the vacuum I suggest you just google it and see if there is a larger file you could use.

1. profile image0
        stay_home_mommy3posted 7 years agoin reply to this

But how do I know if it's ok to use them?  I am so confused!

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You shouldn't have to resize it.  If you're using a big picture, you can make it smaller by using the "half width" and "quarter width" options within the picture capsule.  It should only look pixelated if it's a tiny picture and you're trying to use it larger.  How are you putting it in the picture capsule?

1. profile image0

How?  It's on my computer...I don't quite understand what you are saying, but i got it off amazon, saved it to my computer, then copied the code that they said to put in the caption.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Let's go back a step.

To show a product on HubPages, all you have to do is open Amazon.com (not signed in), find the product you want,and copy and paste the ASIN code into the box in the Amazon capsule.  That will give you the image, product name etc.

If you want to add a larger picture of the product, you would use a photo capsule. You'd either save the picture on your computer and upload it,or get the URL of the photo and paste it in. No code involved.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You can't take a small photo and make it large, that's what results in the pixelated appearance.

Just add the item using an Amazon capsule and it should display just fine.

1. profile image0

I was trying to take a large photo and make it smaller.  I will still have to wrk on that!

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

Here is a hub on a lot of locations you can get photos

http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-Photos-And … aphy-Sites

4. profile image0
    stay_home_mommy3posted 7 years ago

Ok, so I got one added from imagebase (thanks for the hub link lynnechandler)  I tried to email the owner, but it didn't go through.  I just don't want to use someone else's creativity.  I know how hard I work on my stuff, and I don't ever want to take that from someone else.

Thanks again for the great information and the help!

5. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

Glad to have helped. That was one of the first articles I bookmarked when I came to the site. You are new at this and you are trying to learn the ins and outs of it. Have fun along the way and don't stress too much.

6. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 7 years ago

I use this Royalty Free image web site:
    http://www.sxc.hu/

Everything there is free to use and you don't need anyones permission to use them. The pictures are put there for this very purpose.

working