Other make money online oppertunity, Zazzle?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I am wondering if any of you guys have tried out the site Zazzle.com?
    From what I can see you upload your art, drawings pics what have you and if folks like the designs they can buy prints on poster, t-shirts, mugs and  more. I know there are a number of very creative people here with a range of talents, including a number of artists here big_smile
    On top of that you can affiliate sell your stuff as well as that of others.

Has anyone here tried it out?
    I am looking for as many reviews as I can and so far have found some very positive glowing reviews and am thinking it might be worth my time to scan and upload any and all designs I have. What do you guys think?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I started at zazzle three months ago and have sold three items.  I think that for a casual user like me it is more of a drip income than a stream smile

2. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I have not heard of this site before, but it's sounds like it's worth checking out. Thanks for the tip KB. big_smile

kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats exactly what I thought!
      For me my creativity goes beyond being able to put some words together on a hub to say something or get a point across! Seems like having a few 'irons in the fire' could add up to a very interesting way to make a living big_smile

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It might be a good idea for you to buy a some of my t-shirts.   

That way we can time how long it will take for your money to get into my pocket (for evaluation purposes)

Anything I can do to help!

smile

kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After you wink tongue lol

3. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

I tried it and, while people did praise my designs, I never sold anything.

Don't expect to just load up images and that'll be it - you have to do a lot of marketing. People who do that (which I was too lazy to do) can earn a decent amount on Zazzle.

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I've made more money on zazzle/cafepress than on Adsense...

which just means that i made over $2  lol

I actually created a hub that links to one of my cafepress shops

5. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

I made over $100 last year on Cafepress from one design with zero promotion, so I think these sorts of sites have fantastic potential for people with more artistic talent than I. I'm limited to text-only stuff there because the only other type of art I do is Photoshop collages using mainly stills and screencaps from my favorite movies and tv shows. Stupid copyright laws. sad

6. kirstenblog profile image79

Sounds like it might be an idea to try some stuff on Zazzle and some on Cafepress to compaire earning potential versus the levels of self promotion needed. I could happily write a hub on a range of themes or styles in my artwork, a few even plus back linking the way I do for hubs etc. for low level self promotion. If it works I guess there is another hub there! big_smile

7. profile image53
    Sialiciousposted 14 years ago

I am a current user of Zazzle and I have nothing but positive things to say about it.  I think its fantastic if you are a photography buff or have the ability to do digital art (something I'm experimenting with).

While its true you tend to get better results if you do a bit of advertising - blogs, squidoo lenses, facebook, etc.  I've found for the more casual user, aka someone NOT doing this as a full-time "need the income it provides" job, using paid advertising isn't worth it.

In fact, I think we've been at it for about 2 or so years and have (I don't mean to be crass by using actual figures) made over $2000.00 so far.  Keep in mind this is with minimal advertising - I have a blog I rarely update and have recently made a FB page where I post things - and is based on small royalty amounts ($.15 here, $2 there).  The community forums are full of people who make much more but again many of them do this as a full-time job.

I've found that the more items you create, the bigger your gallery inventory is, the more traffic you generate.  With good descriptions and tags, your items will be easier to find both on Zazzle itsself, and by potential customers searching Google.  Next thing you know you have sales!

Its very possible I've been lucky in my success but you never know until you try.  Just be sure to use only images that YOU own or have blanket permission from the owner to use in a commercial way (you'll need to have a written copy you can show Zazzle if they question your rights to use said image).   We started with uploading our photos and putting them on postcards since that was the easiest way to learn the site and get started.  We've since expanded to all sorts of items and moved beyond just photography.  Haven't looked back!

As you can see I really do enjoy Zazzle, in fact I joined this today so I could post a reply to your question.  smile

I could go on and on, but this is embarrassingly long already so.. I'd best quit while I'm ahead.

8. kirstenblog profile image79

Sialicious, it took me FOREVER to get back to this thread to see your post. It sounds like you have had some real success with it tho and I have since started creating all sorts of fun items (I am pretty chuffed with a few things I have designed) for my store as well as using the FB market place thingy, the myspace market place thingy and am working on a hub currently about my impression so far. Lets hope that my mild self promotion and marketing jazz gives me that bump into successfully generating sales big_smile

9. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 13 years ago

I've been trying to come up with some stupid sayings that somebody would actually want to wear. Haven't had much luck yet, but it was very easy to set up. Once I get a few more designs, I'll try to figure out the marketing.

Anyone with tips feel free to let me know!

10. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

DeviantArt.com is similar to this in terms of prints etc for sale!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)