just how many sockpuppets does one hubber need?

Jump to Last Post 51-73 of 73 discussions (272 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I think we all should be able to know who our followers are. I bet over half of mine are alter egos and a 3/4 are sock puppets. I for one would really like to know. HP should tell us.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it would be nice to know, but a few are obvious.
      check out getmyback and some of her hubs and who comments on them.
      they seem eerily familiar.

2. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I am real.

really

but I WISH you were a sockpuppet, ralwus!  Man, would I ever have some fun with you!

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I tho't you already did. Love your new hair, it's Red!

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep.  I'm partial to Red!

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

haha!!! big_smile this is so funny hee hee smile

their IP address is a good one.

hey please take your drama to another thread. this is a fun thread and i didn't go in your 'negativity at the door' thread and start being snippy, ok? you don't know what you're talking about, but lots of people do. thank you.

4. profile image57
    AnythingGoesposted 14 years ago

I think everyone should own up to their sockpuppet. Right Tantrum?

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
      You own up alright !
      Yeah ! I see that for you anything goes ! lol lol lol

5. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

by the way, i too own a sock puppet account fairly recently, but i won't tell who it is.  lol.  you all will have to guess.  wink lol.

lol Don't you own more than one ? roll

lol

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

nope, just the one.....or do i? lol  wink lollol

6. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I don't know what to say anymore.  I really don't.  This place is WHACK, completely whack.  All I can say to all the hubbers I do care about is tread carefully.  You are being played by a person in many different suits who's very disturbed.  It's way beyond a simple sockpuppet.  It's very sick.  I'm sorry I've lost friends over it, but I feel this person doesn't have a right to be toying with people this way.

If it weren't for Sunforged's challenge I would leave this psycho place without a second glance.  But, I've made a commitment and a promise to a team.  Good luck to everyone and pay close attention to IP addresses.

Agree!
      Anyway she's making her exit I think !
      To come back clean.

1. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. Still here. 2 at least

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm less involved in forums as well.I look at IP's and stats.

3. profile image0

How do you find IP addresses?

I've noted one sock puppet and was a little upset at being played. I discovered it through google though.

1. skyfire profile image78
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Check the comment (if it's on hubpages). There is IP address below the delete/spam/approve button.

1. profile image0

Thanks for pointing that out. I never looked closely at them before.

2. rebekahELLE profile image84

I think they are quite obvious by their choice of threads and what they say. it does become rather nonsensical to even attempt to have a real discussion in some of these forum threads. hmm

1. profile image0

Ya, but you've been here a while and get to know them. There are many of us fairly new to the forums who just aren't sure but are catching on slowly.

I even followed one I didn't want to follow because of a new identity. Hard to enjoy the forum not knowing which personality you are talking to.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84

I've only been here 8 months, not so long, but yeah, you do get a feel for people and I have a really strong intuition! ha.
              it's a strange feeling at times, but I trust it and it didn't take too long with one of the hubbers here.

as far as IP addresses, I have read some about it and some internet servers use proxys which will give to the outside world the same IP address as others who may use that server, but inside their proxy, each individual has their own address. some networks always use the same IP address everytime you connect to the internet (static) some servers change the address often (dynamic).
              some use a CGI/webproxy to hide their IP address, but I don't know too much about that. you can find the info with a google search.
              I'm sure someone here knows much more about this subject!

anyway, enjoy and watch who you're talking with. lol

3. mega1 profile image80

thank you!  this is cool - so when you see the ip address it will be the same as some other hubber if it is a sock puppet? and that way you find out who controls it?  coooool!  Knowing this, people still play weird games with socks?  mondo strangeo!

You can get faslse IPs as well. You need a program,and you do it.

1. mega1 profile image80

well, other than guessing someone is a s.p. by their similar writing styles, how do you actually know who is and who is not a s.p.?  because it isn't always about number of hubs and fans, is it?  I am a bit confused.  and gullible, I guess.

A sockpuppet can be 3 years old and have lots of hubs. Or it can be 9 hours old and have any.

2. tantrum profile image59

You should go and read one of my hubs about this issue. It's very enlightening.
                BTW someone is talking about you and Steven in the comments.

1. mega1 profile image80

yep - I read one of your hubs - a very poetic one, about the greyness of that hoaxy world where some individual who can't sing tries to fool everyone into thinking she can sing  - and I get it, but since I haven't been here so long and since I really don't ever truly believe most of these hubs and posts about sad past lives and horrible medical conditions I haven't been hurt by any of that drama.  personally.  I do feel for some who say they entered into "close friendships" with people who were only trying to fool them.  I think that is mean to prey on people's gullibility . . . but this whole cyber world seems to have been made for just such hoaxes and scams.  I have fun for awhile, but probably before too long I will not - and then I will go back to my painting and crafts and this will all seem like a short chapter in a dull story.  maybe.  but meantime, I am keeping my mind a little bit open.  a little bit.

Its the same as that particular personality who is attracted to the drug world - that same kind of personality finds ways to "use" and "abuse" others everywhere they go.  sad but true.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
                    Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mega1, I just wrote a question with my own  concerns farther down on this thread, but then I saw your comment here (I tend to "jump to end of thread" first - maybe I shouldn't from now on).

This is what my concern was about.  I, personally, don't buy a lot of what's on the Internet; and I know, even if it's only for "legitimate business"/advertising purposes (and not malicious or otherwise crummy), there's just a lot of baloney out there (and everywhere). 

Believe it or not, though, with the exception of the fact that I use a pen name (and derivatives of it) in any "personal"/extra writing I do (not related to "official work"), everything I've ever written is 100% true.  That's why, even though I wasn't comfortable establishing a pen name identity 3 years ago, I did start to use a pen name (so I could write honestly without embarrassing my grown kids or anyone else).

I know there's no real answer for the problem that there's so much baloney online nobody believes anything; and I'm not some naive kid who expects honesty everywhere in the world.  I'm actually reasonably fine knowing there's a lot of baloney and knowing to be careful about to believe. 

What my "issue" is, though, is that it's important to me people know that every single word I've ever written is true.  As a writer (and when it comes to my casual writing), even a spare-time one, I almost wouldn't want to write if I thought readers would just assume what I've written is lies.  This is something I do think might be good to discuss here on the forums.  I know I'm not the only one who doesn't write lies.  (I've actually got enough stuff in my background that I might wonder if anyone would believe it's real - although it's "non-dramatic" and non-bizarre enough that the only thing that might make someone question is the number of experiences (not the experiences, themselves, which are pretty common).  (I won't include some stuff that I don't want online or that's too personal, but if I post it anywhere across the Internet it's true.)

My thing is I've never really cared if someone comes on the forum and uses a different name, and then posts something like, "Have you ever been to France?"  What difference does that make what name it's under.    Where the sockpuppet thing is "questionable" on the forums is when they get into some big, sob, story and get everyone else trying to be supportive.  (I've done the "supportive thing" myself.)

Anyway (and this isn't just directed at you, individually.  It's just that your post "inspired" me to respond), what do people who are truthful think about all this?  Does everyone just ignore it and not worry that readers may not believe it?  It's never even  occurred to me that anyone would think what I've written is lies.

I guess whether I believe some article or Hub about personal experience or not depends on whether I get "overall/"non-descript" vibes from the writer.  I know we can never be certain (and should be very careful about getting too involved).  I guess my point is that I decide on a case-by-case basis, depending on those "vibes".

I don't know....  This long post should have been turned into a Hub, maybe, but I thought it may not get enough comments to become a real discussion.

2. profile image0
                    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sad but true. There was a woman here a while back who posted to say she had terminal cancer and everyone was all sympathy at first, until somebody pointed out that certain aspects of her story just didn't stack up.  She vanished shortly afterwards, surprise surpise.  Some people say "oh well, that's just the Internet" but I think that people who go in for this sort of hoaxing are doing something truly despicable, because it means that when someone comes along who's REALLY desperate and needs help, the rest of us will have become cynical/jaded, and will just assume he or she is another scammer or drama queen.

You could be right there.

2. skyfire profile image78

Tantrum is right, sock puppet can stay behind proxies and ip-changer programs. So it takes time to find out who they're if they're using ip-changer/ip-lock software. If there is any noob, then he/she'll use same IP for making comments/forum posts with multiple accounts. Pain in *brain* to waste time on them and yeah who cares about SP on forums ? But if they're making comments then it's another matter..

sometimes they're hurting people. They stalk.

1. skyfire profile image78

agree..

so sad and so true ! sad

2. profile image0

think you're being stalked right now silly girl.

How can I be stalked ?  I'm not ! lol
                  Explain.

1. profile image0

get my back, OK

2. profile image0
              cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

even with that, innocents still have some modicum of protection - The Hub Team. i don't know how to use proxy servers, but it seems to me ANY ORIGINATING IP ADDRESS could be detected eventually, no matter how hard people try to hide it. HubPages must have a sophisticated network that can see everyone's activity and can detect and protect itself against proxy servers. at least i hope so.

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I forget, how do you get the IP address?

and instead of "the only good sockpuppet is a dead sockpuppet"

how about

"a sockpuppet is, as a sockpuppet does!"  big_smile:

A lot of ways. I can get them from FB as well ! lol

8. profile image0

anyone care to guess who my alias is? lol.

1. profile image0

Rumplestiltskin? paarsurrey? smile

2. mega1 profile image80

evidently not, steven!  hahahaha!  the jokes on you!  same as for me - no one could care whether I have an alter-ego - hahahaha! that is just so typical for us!  and funny - there has to be a good short story there somewhere.  hmmmmmmmm  (wanders off, musing )

I thought Steven was a sockpuppet himself ! yikes

Someone said that on a hub of mine. Go figure ! LOL

9. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

It seems that on this thread anything goes !

lol lol lol

10. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 14 years ago

I have been here one day so far and apart from working on getting a hub going I posted in maybe 3 threads. a shill or troll attached itself to me almost immediately - looking through the threads it appears to be disrupting most of the politically slanted places.  From those threads it would appear that this shill (I guess, as it is political threads it disrupts) has at least three immediately recognisable identities, maybe up to seven.  Whilst there are good reasons for having more than one identity, as has been discussed earlier in this thread, this kind of behaviour only prevents discussion and any meaningful sharing of views and ideas.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This from the guy with 0 hubs? Fishy...

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One day and 0 hubs is fishy ?   I see you have a whole seven in 3 months - I guess you will be the source of that fishy smell

1. Obscure Divine profile image60
          Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If Tina Turner was on this site, she would sing:  "Oh, what's 'Hubs' got to do, got to do with it; what's 'Hubs'...but a second-hand emotion..."
          Ha-ha-ha!  big_smile

2. Sab Oh profile image56

...and still nothing...

11. Al Terego profile image60
    Al Teregoposted 14 years ago

Who really cares!!!   MYOB

1. profile image0

if you have to ask, you've never been played by one roll

12. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i recommend everyone go through their hubs and note everyone's IP adresses. i have been doing this and have found out a few sockpuppets and trolls this way. it has been very enlightening, i have to say. good thing i started saving the IP addresses of old hubbers who left. i started doing that when they left nasty comments on my hubs in disguise. even though their account got deleted, i still have their IP, so there tongue

1. profile image0

I may have messy hair, but I'm not a troll big_smile

2. mega1 profile image80

you could sell that list to us and make money!  hahaha!

3. Sab Oh profile image56

Checking IP addresses would be a lot better than the constant, "Tee-hee! He's really him and that one is really her!" nonsense.

13. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I guess I'm just too lazy to figure it all out.  I looked at couple of my hubs and the comments' ip numbers were all different.  and actually, I haven't been "bothered" by anyone - yet - other than Tantrum - who is always trying to get me to fight, for some reason!  lol  lol   I may have been responding to some sock puppets and everyone knows and is laughing at me - but if they were interesting or funny sock puppets I don't care - I'll talk to anybody for a laugh or the info, or just for a little attention!  big_smilelol  big_smile: hmm

when I'm trying to get you on a fight ? hmm

lol

You're always joking, ha ? lol

1. mega1 profile image80

ya.  just joking.  really.  joking.  not serious - no fighting! 

lol

when I first started posting here Tantrum was one of first I met and I thought she was hard to understand - not really fighting but always pretending to misunderstand people - now I get the humor and it is very fun to try to catch Tantrum with her own kind of humor!

14. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

tantrum - thanks - saw the comments. Perhaps I'm the new target for someone's entertainment?  Have I been having too much fun? did I offend someone? did someone think I was stalking?  how ridiculous!  if you really are checking ip addresses then you know I'm not connected in any way to any of you guys! Now I am beginning to understand why I sensed a suspicious, slightly uptight, cliqueish mentality when I first joined the forums.  It is understandable.

I just reply to your comment. I'm sorry mega. I hope the hubber lounn, will explain this publicly

15. profile image0

wow, didn't realize you guys had this thread still going.  :Lol:

16. profile image0

well i know one thing for sure, IM A 100 PERCENT real, so i didn't appreciate that iounn guy implicating me in tantrums hub.

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry. That was just a side effect of paranoia. I already defended you. I knew you weren't one of the aforementioned evil cyber stalkers, It sent an e-mail, and received a reply that you were not s "suspect" I don't know if Tantrum's here to tell you, so there you go.

1. profile image0

that's good to know.  i appreciate you sticking up for me faybe.  i think i might've over reacted a bit.  i just don't like false implications. it's one thing if it were true, but it's irritating if it's false without any proof.   seriously, i don't care what the iounn guy says, i know he didn't read my children of men review.  if he did, he would've known that the woman smoking was a metaphor for the planet and society the movie took place in.  anyway, im sorry for ranting off like this.  lol.  thanks faybe for your support. smile

I thought Iounn was a girl, but I haven't read enough of the hubs, some comments I had though suggest that's a possibility. smile  I am sorry that I have to avoid these forums, I miss you. I just avoid the place except to try to help people with questions.

1. profile image0

thanks faybe. i miss talking to you too.  to be honest, i only come here in forums in hopes of bumping into some of my friends on here like you and  beth and many others.  however, it seems like i hardly have time to visit here as often as i used to, and when i do i rarely see everyone.  lol.  oh well, i hope everyone is okay.  how are you doing though lately faybe?

eta:  maybe iounn is a girl, idk.  to be honest.  lol.  i just think he/she needs to get their facts straight before sighting false accusations towards others.

I'm good. I just had a long day, drove a friend to Kissimee for an appointment. Luckily now he doesn't go back until July! I left at 5:30 am, and here it is 2:00 am. I hate to go, but I have to sleep.

Anyway, you can always drop me a line. I check my e-mail first thing every time I wake up lol (sometimes I wake up three times. I need to sleep. G'night Stevennix.

1. profile image0

oh oky, well you have  good night faybe (hugs) you take care, and thanks again for being such a great friend. smile

Night (((HUGS))). smile

17. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

When I first saw this thread the other night I was just thinking it was all about how funny it is (to some of us anyway) that people "talk to themselves" in the forums (and the rest of the sockpuppet stuff).  I didn't know about the rest of the "associated issues" until last night or today. 

Even though I come to the forums and write Hubs, I'm not "all in" on any e.mailing between Hubbers (and that type of thing), so I'm not "all up" on how a lot of things work. 

Serious question for people who know more about this stuff (not necessarily the details of any events - I mean just how a lot of stuff works in general):

Does anyone think the sockpuppet thing could actually seriously affect the overall credibility on HubPages (especially for someone like me, who writes a lot about personal experience)?  Other than the IP thing (and I don't even know anything about that, other than how it shows up on comments and what it is), are there things Hubbers can do if they want to make sure people know, without question, that they're "real"?

What I'm mainly asking is do we now have reason to have to worry about proving we're real (or this just yet another drama that will only have real impact on anyone closely involved with any sockpuppet situations)?

I think as you've been here 2 years, the odds are slim you could be one. I think it's a non-issue. The real deal is this, if anyone bullies you, let HP know, that, I believe is the bottom line. Now that we are all aware of the situation, it should be fine.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Faybe, thanks.  (I'm not one, by the way  - although I do have another account not in use).   I'm not asking for details on the bullying thing because I don't want to seem to be wanting to raise "unpleasantness" that may be better left alone; but I wasn't even aware that bullying (in whatever way anyone may bully) might go on.  I guess at this point I'm just thinking most about whether people might not believe what I write if personal experience is involved.  I suppose, when all is said and done, it may not matter if anyone believes it.  Still, there's something very "personal" about personal experience.   smile

18. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

is there a rule against outing sock puppets?   why can't you all who know who they are tell the rest of us?  be fair, but be honest  - if sock puppet people knew that others were going to reveal their dark secret, maybe they would at least tone it down a little.  it might prevent more horror stories if you would just publish the list you have.  or are horror stories and scandals what we need and want?  just like Fox News!

The main sockpuppets of a nut case, have different IPs. I told you before. They can be faked. I know it's true, because I did it to see if it worked. And it did. I got an IP from Oslo Norway. And I'm in Buenos Aires ,Argentina

1. mega1 profile image80

so you can't actually say you suspect that so and so is really that one who left?  well. ok, but then, why am I still talking about this?  tee hee  big_smile:  with love, mega1disaster (I wish I could just add that to my hub name, I kinda like it!)

there are other ways to know who's who. Writing style, profile style, and through mistakes and lies they post in the forums. Someone who has a lot of alter egos, make mistakes all the time.

2. skyfire profile image78

Plus many ISP's outside US/Uk don't show exact location(this applies to asia). For example, my location is shown 250km away from my city.So if you check IP with some free ip-location then it's definitely flawed for most of the geographical locations.So only way HP can take action against these people is via ISP. Atleast ISP information is shown accurately(less but still) duh...

19. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

mega, all I know for a certainty is that lounn, stevennix2001 and King Larry share the same IPs and allegedly match Kimberly's. I know nothing else

20. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Good morning everyone. Dont have time to talk. Spent my morning going through other sites I am on and clearing out someone who is basically stalking me. Billy Jean, Getmyback, Lyricsingray along with other names are all the same person on many sites. Pretty sick when you tell someone to leave you alone and they create false accounts and send you friend requests. Anyway someone will probably call this a personal attack but I dont care. So Kimberly when you read this I am telling you to leave me alone. I know your ip address and my cousin works for the feds in computer crime and this could be construed as harassment.

If you got the Toronto IP, that's a fake one.
      that's why it's showing everywhere.
      a lot of hubbers knows about that IP

1. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. mega1 profile image80

hi hokey!  how's things?  is Kentucky good?

2. tantrum profile image59

Well. why is her cousin a friend of yours in FB ? ! Weird ! LOL

and I know that's a fake IP

She said it herself under one of her sock puppets. LOL

2. profile image0

THANK YOU Hokey. let's get it all out on the table, shall we.

i also ignored her yet she stalked my hub and flagged it for deleltion, and when i continued to ignore her, she emailed me, harrasing me there and insulting me, mentioning my son as well, which i didn't appreciate. but she sank to a new low when she said that to Hokey. she will insinuate herself onto people until they give in. that is how she operates. to all you people who say 'oh, leave her alone' and 'oh, let's say no more about this', how CAN you leave it alone when she is still here spamming the site with one fake account after another and creating distrust among this site's members? if anyone wonders why people are so outraged, well if this whole thread doesn't clue you in, nothing will.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is getting into *legal* territory. She may want to consider that... (The person of which you speak, I mean)

21. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

By the way I have one other account created just for fun. Many people probably know it already. I am The Swamp Donkey.

22. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

and we are giving her all the attention (negative, but exhaustive) that she could ever desire!

1. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to close this thread now. While these statements are not technically personal attacks, they make the HubPages community seem like a clique rather than a group of intelligent people embracing diversity. We want the forums to be a friendly place for everyone, not just who is popular. Please be mindful of this in future threads on this, or similar topics.

23. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I do have one other account on HP. I did it to be able to write about some pretty bad crap as a way to help others who have also gone through similarly as me, (childhood abuse, and abuse by a religion), but as it turns out, it's more a blog than something suited for HP, so I'm thinking about closing it out entirely. I don't intend to say anything more about the other account because the information is potentially very hurtful to family and some friends. They, and I, have been through enough, but still, the truth needs to be told, and I chose to tell it this way.

So that's coming completely clean for me. The real news is that I need to close it out and blog about this under a pseudonym, and not keep it here. I'm working on that slowly. I have lots of irons in the fire.

However, for the record, I've only used the other account name to post in the forums about 3 or 4 times. I'm much too vocal about my feelings to not post what I believe under my real name, which is the one in my avatar.

What you read from me is who I am.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)