a meaningless discussion of obsessive addictive behavior and more!

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (120 posts)
  1. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

once again, I encourage others who may or may not suffer from obsessive addictive behavior including the urge to dither on and the inability to avoid meaningless discussion - even when it means that one is unable to get the laundry done in a timely way. 

Laundry!  ahh! now that's a topic I can really dither on about!  I've just about come to the end of my obsession with socks - I think.

How about you?  any others out there who need very little encouragement to dither on?  well here's a little encouragement peeps!  (peeps?  do you like being called a peep?)

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am still obssesed with socks.

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, that's a great subject to dither on - and when you're ready to expand to stockings (expecially the fishnet variety) please share your thoughts here!

1. profile image0
          Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like to dither with shapely legs encased in fishnet stockings!

2. profile image0

I like the kind with a seam down the back  http://www.stockingirl.com/
          I like socks more though, those ones with stripes on them...  http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/over-the-knee/

or this...   http://www.clicket.com/images_med/LA83201.jpg

1. profile image0

Oh my she's cute! I wonder if she's naughty too?

1. mega1 profile image80

I'm sure she is.  she looks a little tired  - but some people really go for that.  How about the shoes?  I've been noticing shoes a lot lately, the heels thing and this month's Vanity Fair has great story about  Loubotin, the shoe designer who makes those 10 inch stilettos that sell for thousands.  I love reading about meaningless excess and society people whose lives revolve around shoes and socks and they don't even see the ridiculousness of it!

1. profile image0

the shoes is the whole reaosn I picked that pic.
                I do like stripes on my socks better then plain.

1. profile image0

Socks are best used for securing limbs to the bed posts!

1. profile image0

well, they look better with stripes is all.  smile  neck ties are nice too.

2. Ivorwen profile image65
            Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do mommies really dress like this?  Or is the look just for school girls?

1. profile image0

mommies can dress how they want once teh kids are in bed...

1. mega1 profile image80

until they get out of shape and old,   and       divorced!  but of course, by then the kids are sleeping in their own apartments - gosh - went down that dreary path didn't I -  cheer up, I will! now I have time to do all the felting I want!

2. donotfear profile image82
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah! Obsessive/Addictive behavior thread!!!!!

I must say, I'm a seasoned professional.  Plus, I even have an actual diagnosis!!!  Isn't that grand?!  Wow, I'm so excited to know there are many others in Hubville who share the same gift. 

Our motto: We have a right to our obsessions and hold the virtue of a special gift in order to spread the word to others who possess the same quality.

Now, while I obsess and fight the urge to pig out on the last piece of carrot cake, I put off the fact that I have a mound of laundry whites piled on my dresser waiting to be sorted in order to sit at my keyboard and induldge in the quest of spreading this behavior to my fellow Hubbers. 
      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/fordonotfear/WildlyEclecticRadio2_-_5852_11_7_20.jpg?

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have this weird thing where i can't put a hat on a bed or a pair of shoes directly outside the door to a bedroom. my dad said that was bad luck, so even though i don't believe in that, if i wear a hat i never toss it on the bed and never leave my shoes outside the bedroom door. isn't that silly?
      p.s. i suspect he encountered some 'bad luck' when he was having an affair and left his shoes outside the bedroom door, maybe. i believe we make our own bad (and good) luck.

p.p.s. i just bought a dozen socks yesterday Mega. little soft white ones. i love those wink

1. mega1 profile image80

little white socks - adorable - my ninth grade english teacher wore them with short healed brown pumps.  she was adorable.

I think the thing about shoes outside the door is because in hotels sometimes people steal the shoes that were left to be cleaned and polished!  and you should never throw your hat down anywhere since someone may come lie, sit or step on it!  you must always hang it carefully on the hat rack or the post of the bed or the post of a chair or something like that.  You could put it on a closet shelf, but that would be presumptious of you if you're just visiting there.   some people in movies have maids who come and take the hats - and bring them back when the guest is leaving - but who knows where they throw them while they have them!  Now I'm thinking a hub about a maid who takes people's hats and wears them around while the guest sits oblivious in the living room - or something about hats anyway.

dither dither

2. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I think I just wrote a hub on this type of thing...
    Maybe it is just the season where obsessive addictive behavior is easy to observe, in ourselves and others.

1. mega1 profile image80

the season?  I wish.  I'm always like this.  dithering is my lifestyle - I'm trying to make it a conscious choice so at least I will have the illusion of control.  big_smile:

1. Ivorwen profile image65

Conscious choices, like laundry and dishes?   Yep, those are the type I am trying to make.  Conscious choice to dither?  I think that just happens, like glaring at snow when it is suppose to be spring!

1. mega1 profile image80

Just read about your ridiculous beliefs, I think you know what I'm saying  -  if I consciously decide to dither, then it will not control me.  That definitely qualifies as a ridiculous belief, yes?  and now I am following you - please don't run away like the others did!  I will try not to be too ridiculous about the dithering.

1. Ivorwen profile image65

I won't run away, but I might clean house.  big_smile

3. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I always seem to overestimate the desires of my fellow hubbers to have meaningless conversations with me!  Alas! I should learn to disguise my agenda better.

Would you have liked it better if I had made the topic something like:

Who has more effective style? Jesus or JahWeh? 

or anyone can really make a definitive statement about that?

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I'm doing my laundry right now big_smile lol

1. mega1 profile image80

me too. - and you know, everytime I clean the lint trap I think of an old friend of mine who used to save the lint and made a delightful little felt vest out of it for her 2 year old!  I always think I will do something like that with the dryer lint, but I would probably just save it in a plastic bag and then move the plastic bag of lint into storage when I run out of space for it!  I am barely exaggerating.

5. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I enjoy a good dithering.

6. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

meanignless dithering is exctly what I need right now

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

of course - this discussion could get a bit seamy

http://www.3wishes.com/images/industrialnetgarterbeltstockings-l.jpg

1. profile image0

Oh yes! I like dithering in steamy discussions flirting with young philles in fishnet fashions.

1. mega1 profile image80

farout!

8. profile image0

A vest out of lint...interesting...but yea I disappeared sorry after that...I am writing a letter to MIL that I have to send off and yea...watching a movie...Vacancy 2 The First Cut

1. mega1 profile image80

that's ok, I understand the hubber need to do a few other things.  You came back, though, so thats what really counts!  Vacancy 2 = I have never heard of it . . .

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea it's one of those sequals that appear out of no where lol I was looking for Vacancy the one that came out first and saw the second one so decided to rent it.

And yes I always come back lol

2. mega1 profile image80

yep - felting is a big deal, you take perfectly wonderful beautifully colored expensive wool yarn, make a sweater about 3 sizes to large and then shrink it  - presto! felt sweater!

or you make a wool shopping bag size bag and wash it several times in hot water and you have a cute little purse!  I can't bring myself to do this, since the days when I regularly shrank my beautiful wool sweaters that got into the laundry basket by mistake! 

oh- corrrh - I am staying on topic in a weird kind of way!  A red letter day!

9. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

oh dear, and its been so long since I wore red stockings and hotpants!  sigh.  everything is so, so, you know, what's that word for sad and nostalgic all at once?

1. profile image0

memories?

1. profile image0

oh poignant?

1. mega1 profile image80

YES!  poignant!  see, it starts with a discussion in another thread about socks and before you know it I've made a whole other thread only to become soppy and sentimental and it just feels so, so, poignant!  poignant and old.  sigh

1. profile image0

Old sucks, but it is better than the alternative, and certainly no reason NOT to enjoy yourself!

1. mega1 profile image80

yes, no matter how poignant life gets, there is always the experience and wisdom one acquires by having an open mind.

sigh

10. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

as long as we are sharing pictures of ourselves in school girl uniforms...

http://sites.google.com/site/femulate/_/rsrc/1255715929384/Home/my-adventures-in-femulation/a-schoolgirl-for-halloween/halloween2002.jpg

11. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

when you search for "schoolgirl"  you just never know what you will get!

12. profile image0

okay I gotta run I'll be back later peeps...well maybe have more packing to do....

1. mega1 profile image80

I believe when packing up the house, it may be a good idea to pack up the computer first - otherwise if you're like me you will dither until on moving day you are just jamming things into black plastic garbage bags with hastily scribbled tags!

1. profile image0

lol yea no not gonna happen...the whole packing up the computer first part lol

1. mega1 profile image80

its just an idea -  one of those things I tell myself SHOULD happen but won't so that I will have a gnawing feeling of guilt and not know quite why that is - like that.  Never expect anyone to act on my ocd suggestions, but occasionally they do, and when it turns out good I get a new follower sometimes.  (made that all up)

1. profile image0

lol i know my hubby would like me to take your advice of course my laptop is all screwed up. If I shut it, the plastic part to the screen will rip away from teh screen...it sucks!

13. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

ok, time for a smoothie break. bbs

14. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Hi Donotfear!  yes, I know its contagious - the devil made me do it!  I cannot just dither on alone - I must have company - or as my therapist would say "enablers"  people (or sock puppets, I can't be choosey) who will feed my passion for saying, not doing, or if doing, doing it til the cows come home!

also, the cows all ran away, long ago because of my affliction they were either over-milked or stood mooing at the moon in pain!

sister, I hear ya!  procrastination + ocd = me

1. donotfear profile image82
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen, hon!!!  I'll be discussing this in group therapy today.

2. profile image0

my sister, when she wa slittel, used to say   "Mr. Rogers made me do it."

1. mega1 profile image80

Mr. Rogers was ocd!  really!  remember the shoes changing ritual?  he influenced a whole new generation of ocd ers!  And he did!  he made kids do all sorts of stuff!  sometimes in reaction to his goodness kids would just act out like banshees!  I had three of them!

15. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

this sorta is my group therapy - for various reasons - but don't tell anybody!

my mother used to encourage my ocd (long before I knew it was an actual affliction)  she used to tell me on Saturday morning, about 8:30 am - right after breakfast "you only have to clean your bathroom today, I'll do the rest!  then you can go riding with your friends!"  so I would dutifully start scrubbing the tub, joyful that I would soon be riding out in the meadows -  7 hours later after I'd finished all the weekly house cleaning chores plus the kitchen and dining room windows and was starting to wash down the patio I would sort of wake up and start to cry because it was getting dark and there would be no riding for me, once again.  Ahh, the devil WAS my mother!

1. profile image0

woah....

my mom just said..go outside dont come back till its dark, and she would lock the door behind me

1. mega1 profile image80

shit - I got the wrong mom!

16. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

now I am pondering utility sex and how I haven't had time for any because of all my procrastinating and listmaking.  oh hell, it wouldn't have been any good anyhow.  (delusion #526)

1. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is utility sex? Is that when you ambush the man coming to read the electricity meter???

1. profile image0

Had a look, had a laugh, left a comment...

Prefer my deffinition...

How do you remember all these posts???

1. profile image0

? ocd? add? bored? i dunno...but utitlity sex is funny and if you search it, there arent too many results.

Can utility sex be OCD??

How many times a day do you have to have it to be considered OCD??

1. profile image0

HAHAHAHAHAHAH  I meant remebering the thread.

I prefer the thread i was following....

Can utility sex be OCD?

If you were caught doing it in public could you use your OCD as an excuse and win in a court of law??

1. mega1 profile image80

are you willing to test that out?  tonight?

say around 11:30?

corner of 11th and Vine?

2. mega1 profile image80

lol

1. mega1 profile image80

I was looking for this earlier:

sneakorocksolid wrote:
          Adultery is adultery. Any sex outside of marraige, to include utility sex inside a marraige, should be considered a sin. If this sex leads to abandoning you partner it should be grounds for breach of manners and the violator should be branded with the letter "A", for ---hole, in the middle of their forehead.

cuz I couldn't remember who first mentioned "utility sex"  I don't have a firm grasp on the concept, myself.  but I think the sound of it is hysterical!  and the images it calls to mind! lol

1. profile image0

smile I dont know why utility sex has to have such a bad rep.
            I rather like it.

1. mega1 profile image80

its just that I never got any utility sex and now am afraid it will never happen . . . I'm not saying its bad, I'm saying I cannot report on it having never had it!  I have had the desperate kind tho  - is that anything like it?

3. RecoverToday profile image78
        RecoverTodayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Utility sex means having sex in the utility room.

1. mega1 profile image80

ooooh, good idea - on top of the washing machine while its in spin cycle!  would have to do a lot of laundry!

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
            TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There you go, mega, it's the perfect solution to dithering too much and not getting the laundry done!

You can obsessively *cough* "dither" on the spin cycle and just change the clothes over as necessary! wink

*stalks mega*

1. mega1 profile image80

many very pithy questions have been answered for me here today!  even when I try to do nothing, something comes of it!

now excuse me, while I go look for a big Pole to climb!

LOL Me too. wink

Ya'll have a good one.

*gives mega a great big wrench*

2. profile image0

Utility sex employs the use of tools to achieve orgasm.

3. profile image0

thank god. i thought it meant power tools would be involved in some way...neutralwink

1. profile image0

You could use hand tools as well! wink

1. mega1 profile image80

poppa! so inventive!  describe the hand tools?

2. profile image0

yikes smile i have been studying on this and yes, i guess a creative mind can find clever ways to repurpose just about any tool...wink

2. mega1 profile image80

since it was sneaker who suggested it I would not be surprised if there were power screwdrivers and battery sanders involved!  which is what they mean when they say "power to the people"  - - in the laundry room.   U can just imagine what goes on in the mud room!

17. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 14 years ago

obsessive addictive behaviour... like posting on here you mean?

1. mega1 profile image80

exactamente!  compulsively posting any old drivel, usually in order to avoid doing some other task - try it!  you'll like it!

18. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 14 years ago

I was going to leave the same reply several times but the damn system won't let me.... Killjoy!!!!!!!!!!

19. profile image0

I just now saw for the first time in the title of this thread the ..and more..
    whats that all about mega? whats the MORE?

1. mega1 profile image80

evidently utility sex

Where can I get some utility sex? Is there a store?

Is it available takeaway?

Is there a HUB??

How many links do I need?

1. mega1 profile image80

as soon as I can tear myself away from this meaningless thread I will write the definitive hub - I may need your help, since I admit I haven't ever gotten any myself.  If there were ANY KIND of take out sex I would be going out for it three times a day or so.  and I know there are some who might deliver - but it wouldn't really be utility sex -  utility sex is just this side of the boring things that happen when you're asleep and your partner isn't - right?

If one of you manages to sleep the other is not doing such a great job....

As to take outs... well I would offer but I cant leave the damn house due to this damn forum thingy..

1. mega1 profile image80

lol  me too!

and I just discovered that utility sex works best if you put a couple small heavy rugs in and wait for the spin cycle -  wooopeee!

20. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

Utility sex... always looking for a pole to climb

http://anntylerallen.com/photos/4.jpg

21. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

walenski? kawolski? haven't seen any poles around here lately!

22. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

people are losing interest - quick, more of  the MORE!

23. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

my new boyfriend, Bigtime, was coming over and I was trying to pick the right underwear, when my cat, Bootsy, jumped up on the bed and started talking!  she had never indicated she could talk before:

"you and this guy, Bigtime, you gotta be more discreet, darlin'"  she drawled, "that washing machine has been going full-time everytime he stops by!"

24. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

"Bootsy! you mean that guy yesterday?  that wasn't Bigtime, that was the utility man!  and you better not let Bigtime hear about none of that!      or else"

"or else what, big mama? or else what?" Bootsy grabbed my best lace bra and ran with it down to the living room.

I find, when my cats start talking to me and threatening to reveal my secrets, that threatening them with the water bottle works wonders. They hate the terrible hiss it makes and the awful feeling of being spritzed with water...you know, not really getting wet, but getting kind of...well misted. They hate that. When I tell them I'm going to do that, they shut up.

What? Stop looking at me like that.

1. mega1 profile image80

thats sadistic.  all you have to do with most cats is look them in the eye and think very directly to them . . . sometimes animals are just confused by our outloud talking.  They also have a lot of fun with people who try miaows or barks or such, they love it when you purr back.  they will act as grown up as you treat them - just like kids.  honestly.  not lieing

LOL...I hope you know I wasn't being serious, mega...I was just playing around.

1. mega1 profile image80

see what happens when I try making the discussion more meaningful?  people think I'm too serious.  but I have friends who really do use those water bottles and their pets keep thinking up other crazy stuff to do because using the water bottles is what they consider really aberrant behavior.  they get frustrated by all the petting and loving and then getting sprayed, just cuz they did something they thought was funny.  All you have to do is tell them it wasn't funny, it was destructive, but you appreciate their attempt to cheer you up.

Nahh..I know where you're coming from. I talk to my kitties all the time, both in their language and mine. They understand more than most people give them credit for. I agree with you...I was just kind of tripping on the crazy possibility that one might open it's mouth and start speaking English...LOL

25. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I might be sadistic. But not that way. wink

1. mega1 profile image80

me neither, although I do a lot of pretending that I am a bigtime dominitrix complete with the stretchy rubbery black cat-suit and a whole collection of whips, chains and swords and stuff and I get them out and whoop it up.   So if I did have a cat, which I don't actually have one of my own, she/he would have a lot to talk about!  However, cyberly speaking, all our pets would have so much to tell it isn't even funny.  well, no, yes, it is funny.  very funny!  tee hee

1. cally2 profile image59
        cally2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mega you don't need all that ironmongery stuff. Just break out the bubble gum and axle grease and you've got all the toys you need

1. mega1 profile image80

how about duct tape?  wd40?

1. cally2 profile image59
            cally2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aah inventive behaviours. That is what dithering is all about. I'm thinking peanut butter and olive oil now

26. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I like to pretend.

27. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

sliding outta here for a few - keep those images coming - I love pretend world!

28. cally2 profile image59
    cally2posted 14 years ago

I suppose I should go and do some proper writing but I have a hankering for procrastination. Deadlines are looming and I have time to kill and a desire to see how inventive my illusions can become. So where was I? Peanut butter and olive oil? MMMM.. jam and coarse ground flour

29. cally2 profile image59
    cally2posted 14 years ago

I've just been trying that utility sex thang. I've burnt my thigh on the toaster

*hands over the butter* Glad I'm not the only one...I thought some time on the stove might get pretty hot...it did...just not the way I imagined. wink

30. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I just put olive oil on the shopping list even though I still have one unused quart and part of another one.  Never can have too much of that!  sorry about your thigh.  Here, let me just spread some butter on, old home remedy.  maybe also a little of this home made blackberry jam.  mmmmmmm. . . there! doesn't that feel better?  oops, spilled some jam over there.  can't find that pesky sponge - oh well, I'll just . . . mmmmmm!  it sure was a good year for blackberries! ! !

31. profile image0

for strange compulsions, I like the word 'fuck'

1. mega1 profile image80

WHY, scahlett!  WHATEVEH do you mean?

1. profile image0

it feels nice to say real loud F YOU!!!!

32. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

yes it does, yes yes yes, it really does - but if I say it right now I'll just want to do it and then I'll get sad.  sigh

1. mega1 profile image80

I meant "do it with somebody - a man" not you, I wouldn't know how to do it with you, but you get the idea, right?  oh crap everytime I open my mouth, nothing but madness!

33. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

this may be the right place to discuss how much time allowance would be the right amount to allow myself in the forums tomorrow

34. profile image0

i have to go pass out now

35. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

yes - it will feel real good.   to pass out.   I have to stay up a while longer - planning new experiments involving talking heads music in earphones and submissive behavior

Looks like I went to bed too early last night, missed the whips, axle grease and peanut butter....
      Damn the time difference....
      Always a bridesmaid n all that......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)