jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

New ebay? I am totally dense

1. Marye Audet profile image91
    Marye Audetposted 9 years ago

With the new ebay affiliate program I am totally dense on how to get the links on my hubs, and what to enter where?
    Or is hubpages not doing it yet?  I am lost. hmm

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

We haven't integrated with the new eBay affiliate program yet.  When we do (most likely sometime next week), it will be announced.  At that time, all you should have to do is sign up with the new program, and enter your new affiliate id here at Hubpages.  All existing capsules should work the same way.

3. stephhicks68 profile image93
    stephhicks68posted 9 years ago

OK, I was wondering too.  I need to switch over.  Paul, I realize that this is eBay and not HubPages, but will we be getting a bit of explanation as to what to expect?  (hoping...) smile

4. Marye Audet profile image91

There isn't really an affiliate id? Maybe I am missing something. tongue

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I must admit, I went looking for it and I was missing it too.

Unless it is as Whitney05 says and it's under Campaigns and it's the ten digit number "default campaign".

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I believe that will be what it is, but don't enter it at HubPages yet.  You can still earn under the CJ program until the end of the month.  We'll announce the switch loudly, just as soon as we are ready.

1. darkside profile image81
          darksideposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Excellent.

I wasn't signed up to ebay before, so I'll just wait until I hear the word.

5. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Marye, under the campaigns, you can  find the affiliate IDs. You're given a default one, but you can set up more.

I've already changed my blogs over, and I love the new tools, but people in the forums are complaining about going from hundreds of dollars a month with CJ to nothing in the past week or so with the new program.

1. embitca profile image87
      embitcaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think most of them keep forgetting about the 7 day cookie. It will take at least a week to get an accurate picture of the statistics on the new platform.

6. Bard of Ely profile image89
    Bard of Elyposted 9 years ago

I am "totally dense" too when it comes to Ebay because I have seen all the ads on everyone else's Hub Pages and thought I could do with some of that so went and joined the Ebay Partner Network, however having watched their instructional video over and over and tried clicking on link generator, and creatives and widgets even, I was still unable to find anything that looked like a code to enter here!
    Having read this and another note in the admin section I now know that it hasn't started yet for new members and is due to begin later this month!

7. Marye Audet profile image91

I will just wait until it is set up here..I am signed up..but it seems very oddly done.

8. spuds profile image59
    spudsposted 9 years ago

I signed up for the new eBay partner program a couple of days ago.

In response to a previous question about "affiliate ids", you set up a new campaign and use the id associated with that campaign.

Look forward to Hubpages going live with the changes.

working