jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Need help in pasting the codes for Google's Analytics

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago

I'm trying to paste google's analytics before the 'body tag'.  It looks like HTML to me and our posts aren't in HTML.  Anybody know what they mean?  They don't explain it on their pages.

1. Faybe Bay profile image74
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Are you still there? You get your analytics account number, then go to your accounts page. In the menu at the top click affiliates. Then paste your analytics account number in the analytics box, just like you pasted the adsense code in the adsense box.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
        Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I have no idea where my accounts page is, but I'll find it again.  I know I was on it once. Thanks for your help.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You don't need it on HubPages.  Go to "my account" (you'll see the tab top right on any page), click on Affiliate Settings and paste your Analytics ID number in there. 

You'll find a few instructions are a bit different on HubPages than it says on the website of the application.  They're usually giving you instructions for your own website, and HubPages isn't your site. 

HP has step by step instructions on how to set these things up in their Help guide.

working