jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

HTML formatting

1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

I'd love to have the ability to use some advanced HTML editing in text modules; or at least have the ability for some advanced options such as:

-choosing the fonts - these could be limited to web safe fonts.
    -choosing the color of the background and the color of the font.
    -Adding background graphics to a text box
    -changing the font size for individual words (or letters) - currently you can only vary the size per line.

Etc.

1. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure you can do simple HTML changes like that with the html button when you are in edit mode of a text box.

SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can but you are very limited - it gets rid of all the cool stuff I try and do!!!

2. The10DollarMark profile image59
      The10DollarMarkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We've been wishing for these for a long time.

Actually on my other account I have a hub series called "making hubs prettier" that deals with using images to do various the things HP doesn't let, but the trade off is that text within images isn't part of seo.

I just created a similar one - didn't realize there was one out there already!

1. The10DollarMark profile image59
          The10DollarMarkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Technically there were 4.
          One was a wish hub, where I listed the 3 things I wanted and put pictures of them to show why they'd be great.

The other 3 were different sections about making hubs prettier. I think it was buttons, headers, and of course pictures.

I also think i had some other ones. It's on my other account which I haven't really used in like 1.5 years lol (and yet nothing's changed.....)

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Please, please, please no!

If you look at HubPages' promotional material, you'll see that they advertise it as a place where non-techies can publish without having to understand HTML or any of that other stuff. 

Also, I'd hate to see HubPages start to look like MySpace.  Not everyone has good taste when it comes to design.

If you're ready to do all that stuff, you're ready to start your own website, surely.

1. wyanjen profile image85
        wyanjenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree completely Marisa
        If there were options to change design elements on hubs, I would not use them anyway.
        There is a benefit to using the same format across the site.

smile

2. SimeyC profile image89

Fair point - but I'm not looking for fancy stuff like you can do on Myspace - just the option to change the size of the font, change the font, add some color etc.

Hubpages can determine a 'set' of standarf fonts etc - doesn't have to be many - same for font height.

So - no HTML - just additional options for formatting in the text module.....

Would that work?

3. SimeyC profile image89

As for the own website - well I may be 'good' at adding HTML or formatting - but I am very poor at SEO! So my only chance of getting listed on the top page of google is by publishing on Hubpages!!!

working