Xomba, SheToldMe, etc.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Life at DrTom's profile image66
    Life at DrTom'sposted 14 years ago

I am getting much more traffic on my submissions at Red Gage than at Xomba, SheToldMe, or YouSaytoo.  For the effort, Red Gage seems to be working much better, yet the other three sites have a higher Alexa ranking.  Can anyone share their experience/thoughts on this?  Thanks.

Life at DrTom'sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After about a week, I have concluded that Xomba is nearly dead.  I have more than 10x more traffic on RedGage than Xomba.  Huge difference.

2. dbonchabo profile image60
      dbonchaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was searching through google for dofollow sites and came across mashbite.com this site pays you 80% just to submit links and it has a referral program where you earn 15% of the ads.

1. profile image48
        scothotwaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing. Just visited mashbite and it was easy to register and posting was easy too

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I just recently joined Redgage I think it is great. do not know about the other 2.

3. K Partin profile image59
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Good to know. I'm checking into Redgage. Thanks for sharing.

4. profile image0
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I get more Traffic from Xomba. (much higher than Redgage).

On a positive note, Redgage is good for Backlinks but they stall at making payments.

Now, after a few days with essentially the same content on each site, I am getting 5x more traffic on RedGage than Xomba.  Interesting.

5. thisisoli profile image77
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I don't really know much about the quality of traffic from redgage, but I do know that you should be aiming for traffic that comes from Google Search, whether it goes from Google to Redgage to your sales page, or straight from Google to your sales page.

This is the traffic which will earn you cash!

Xomba is no follow, but I have heard a lot of people mention smoe good Google rankings from it, which have earned them a  fair amount of money!

1. Super Chef profile image60
      Super Chefposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I find that my links on Xomba are higher in the google search pages than my hub pages and shetoldme. Which is kind of strange considering they are no follow links.

1. thisisoli profile image77
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No follow only applies to the links which are leading away from xomba, if you have other websites linking to your Xomba account  the Xomba account will still benefit from the do-follow links from the other websites!

6. Appletreedeals profile image65
    Appletreedealsposted 14 years ago

I have had a really strange time with redgage. When I first joined and bookmarked my hubs, I started getting tons of visits from redgage within hours, I think one hub got spprox. 80 hits by next morning, rest were in the 25 -36 range.

I thought WoW! and spent the morning adding all my hubs and other sites.

But ... (always a but) after that first flurry, nothing but a few trickles.

never did figure it out.

GA

I think all these sites are that way.  The initial hits are the regulars on that site who befriend everyone.  All of us have a tough time generating true organic growth from the outside.

2. earner profile image83
      earnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure every site has a bunch of silent Jobsworths .... maybe when a new person joins, all the Jobsworths rush to see what you're linking to, in case they can report you for misuse.

After a few days, the Jobsworths are checking out other new starters smile

7. CYBERSUPE profile image59
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Interesting to hear you folks talk about the different sites, which is a learning lesson for me. Thank You all.

8. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

I think Redgage is the best. Though I submit links to Shetoldme and Xomba too. I get more traffic from redgage submissions.

9. earner profile image83
    earnerposted 13 years ago

I never started using these sites, I didn't do it as I thought it'd be considered bad form to just link to my own stuff.

Now though, a few years on, I have so much "my own stuff" dotted all over the Internet ... it's probably worth thinking about one day... just as a test.

But, yes, I think most people on those sites will be bored kids at school/similar, so unless you're writing about the latest gadget or their favourite band/football team, they won't really be good traffic - and, they can decreate your CTR on Google Adsense.  I like to keep my CTR high.

1. netlexis profile image63
      netlexisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has anyone seen backlinks from these sites. I haven't and I'm just about ready to give up on them. I'm with thisisoli in that I want my real traffic to come from google or other search engines. Using those sites were just a means to an end, but if they're not working, I'm moving on.

1. blackhatworld profile image60
        blackhatworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is allot of talk about backlinks and their benefit.   Everyone wants dofollow.  Do you know that too many outbound links from a dofollow can make that link useless!  Do you know that Yahoo accepts nofollow links!  Here is what you need to know..." a link is a link is a link." 

Just my two cents.

thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is incorrect. Yahoo does not use no follow links in it's ranking algorythm, it does crawl them for indexing, but since most websites get discovered pretty quickly nowadays anyway, that is not really a big deal.

Too many links from a do follow site only become useless if it is spammy. Otherwise there is really no problem at all.

" a link is a link is a link."  is completely wrong, a link is not just a link.

2. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Xomba is good at giving backlinks.  So is Tipdrop.

thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Xomba is no follow. A few days after you post an article there the links are changed.  Never used Tipdrop.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh...that'll explain how sometimes my number of backlinks drop. Thanks, didn't know that smile

10. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

I started a new thread here
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/50536

which you may be interested in.

11. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Never bother with any of those, at least manually smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)