Big Money On Hubpages For Me :)

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (47 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Ha! Not that big, but good enough to motivate others to stop thinking you can't make a few bob. In the last six weeks, I've made an extra *copying from calculator* $196.36 (adsense and amazon).

Not breaking the bank but evidence that time and effort and a kick up the seat of the pants from sunforged, combined with the platform that HubPages is, pays.

And the best bit - the revenue will naturally increase in the future. So if you're grizzling about what you don't make, why not start looking at how you do make.

Go and spend time hanging out around the hubs of sunforged, Darkside, Mark Knowles, Misha, Ryan Kett and Nelle Hoxie. Learn whilst you read.

Happy Hubbing big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you frog. smile

2. lakeerieartists profile image64
      lakeerieartistsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you.  I am there with you, and seeing my Hubpages income move up.  Going to report my numbers at the end of the month.  It is a great feeling to see the money come in after the hard work. smile

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More great news. Can't wait for the end of the month to see how everyone is doing!

3. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those five, I get a little embarressed when I am! In fact you have pretty much named the five people who have taught me the most.... those five are experts for experts.... And im not just trying to be modest either, this will be my first $500 month... I get fantastic traffic, low AdSense revenues in relatively...

Many congats on your earnings, I hope that they keep growing, I will race you to the first $1000 month yeah? Another $500 a month on top of that, and I will have earnt my right to have been mentioned in the same breath as the legends!

Best wishes,

Ryan.

frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oooooo Ryan you dare to tell the Mouth of Frog what you do and do not deserve? lol some smiting coming your way smile You do deserve to be where I put you. You're just as much an inspiration and help to other hubbers looking to emulate your success as they are.

As for racing you to $1000 - I've given myself 12 months to up the anti. To be honest I was thinking £'s not $'s wink More so since I'm struggling to find a job here and really need something coming in from somehere.

On your marks (you are ahead BTW - handicap? No hub writing for two months?) get set ... go!

To everyone else, thankyou very much . I'm no longer as visible on-site due to either chasing my own hubtail (backlinking off site) or chasing people, events, interviews and donuts. But - I am still here big_smile

4. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent FG. Its good you shared this with us as it will send the message across, 'loud & clear' that there is money to be earned on this great site.

And you are absolutely right about the 'BIG 6'. I know the tremendous impact they have had on me and the tips from them which i lap up like a thirsty one. From someone who knew nothing about making money online, to someone earning some ££££ today, i know i have had great tutoring.

Still not there yet (that is a few hundred dollars a month lol), but im patient and willing to learn every single minute of every day.

And you have also been a great encouragement to us too, and you must believe that. smile

So far, i'm happy about my traffic, and my earnings are very encouraging.

Way to go Frog. All the best.

5. Aya Katz profile image81
      Aya Katzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Frogdropping! That's good stuff!

6. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is fantastic in such a short time! WTG! Congratulations!

7. Lily Rose profile image84
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that!  I've been here 10 months and I'm quickly approaching monthly payouts - I might even do it this month.  Past 6 weeks for me (Amazon & AdSense): about $185 USD.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Excellent News! You're own your way to your new house. I'm glad to see that all of your hard work is paying off. I knew it would, because as you're finding out HP is a fantastic place to make $$$.

3. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

excellent FD! hurray for you! I do read these guys and gal and they've been a great help. not only do they know their stuff, but they're more than willing to take the time and share their expertise. congrats!! big_smile

yours hubs are wonderful!

4. travelespresso profile image67
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

Great news frogdropping.  Congratulations on the effort, the focus and for also being a really nice frog!

5. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 14 years ago

Very happy to share this news with you. I am looking forward to my first double digit day. So far I have had flashes of single dollar days, so I see the future. Your future is even brighter!

6. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 14 years ago

wow!  That is great!  Keep up the great work - it goes to show you that all of us CAN make some extra money on HubPages

7. darkside profile image59
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Going off like a frog in a sock!

I lawled. I really did - thanks Darkside big_smile

Thankyou everyone ... its' good to talk. Squalk. Ribbit.

Seriously, you can make HubPages a worthwhile endeavour. No one knows better than Nelle (thankyou) or Mark ( and to you too) about how you can use your time wisely online.

But - that doesn't mean everything I write is about money. I do it because I need a home (I don't really live in a pond ... ), otherwise I'd continuously write drivel about Dragons and dead people - like my last hub tongue

To anyone that's starting out (those wishing to earn) take heart and learn from a hubber that stumbled onto HubPages in the same way a man starving of thirst falls into a well. I drank deep - so should you wink

8. net_crazy profile image59
    net_crazyposted 14 years ago

Congrats frog smile
    You got it. Newbie here at HP!

9. Chloe Comfort profile image62
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

Totally awesome frogdropping! Congrats big_smile

10. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Nice to hear such great news froggy. Congrats smile

11. sportyfunster profile image67
    sportyfunsterposted 14 years ago

Really great to hear. Congrats.

12. Jen's Solitude profile image85
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Good news, big congrats to you! smile The information found here is indeed priceless. The more advice I apply, the more I earn. Reached my second pay out and looking forward to quicker pay days in the future.

13. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Congrats, Froggie! I guess you're jumping for joy, huh? lol

HP has to be the best revenue-sharing site on the net for writers. I've tried others and didn't earn nearly as much. I'm making several hundred bucks a month now from HP, and I don't spend a lot of time backlinking. I'm a happy camper!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now THAT is reassuring to know Habee! I remember you posting a few months ago about feeling disappointed with the returns (or something similar) and at that time you had a couple of hundred hubs (or more). I am glad it is paying off now - and it is really reassuring to us newer hubbers to hear this smile

14. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Brilliant news Frogdropping! Bet you're leaping over those lily pads like mad with joy!  May has been the best month for me so far, with my best adsense day ever yesterday and 8 Amazon sales.  Small stuff compared to some folks, but for me it's moving in the right direction.  Just shows that for all of us patience, learning and hard work do pay off in the end

15. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Frog! smile It is always nice to hear of other people's success, as it is happening is even a better tell.

I am very happy for you and your returns. smile tongue big_smile

16. profile image0
    markbennisposted 14 years ago

Ah congratulations frog smile Hubpages is a great place to be this is my first time writing, never done it before and its great to hear the success stories.  I believe it encourages us all and re-affirms that all our hard work will payoff.  Congratulations once again all the best to everyone.  smile

17. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Congratulations FD, you are helpful as well, Thanks!

18. SpiritLeo profile image65
    SpiritLeoposted 14 years ago

Not too bad for a frog!!! smile Congrats!

19. itech profile image63
    itechposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Frog and thanks for motivating me....

20. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 14 years ago

Hey FD,

Congratulations! You really deserve all of it, and then some more and still more!

21. Glencap profile image60
    Glencapposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! Have you done your happy dance yet?

22. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years ago

If anyone deserves this my god girl its you

you rock

or hop

xo

23. frogdropping profile image76

Kimberly (a definite Miss Pretty and all round gorgeous girl) I thankyou most sincerely. I'm so glad to see you 'home' again and you're such a welcome breath of fresh air around HubPage's dusty and somewhat cavernous halls big_smilebig_smile

Glencap - lol no. I shall do the happy dance as and when I'm earning enough to A) get over thinking I'd better get a job and B) finally have the keys to my very own front door! When that day comes, a picture of me, dancing in front of my new home will be produced - I promise!

24. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Great Job Frog. I am very happy for you!

25. lender3212000 profile image60
    lender3212000posted 14 years ago

Nice job! It's ammazing how quickly things start to build once you get the plane off the ground isn't it?

26. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Frogdropping, couldn't happen to a more nicer person than you. Hopping with you on your success. Cheers for many more to come.

27. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Im really happy to read about your upward swing!

I cringe at the mention as I think your success is very much your own, the information on "how" is readily available across the net - its really putting the action and effort forward that creates results. Being willing to experiment and try new approaches can have very powerful effects on your earnings.

I hope and expect your income goals will come quicker than you imagine.

Ahhhh don't sunforged. I remember reading your challenge post almost two months ago and hemming and hawing about it. After a good think, I decided I need the motivation to move forward. I'd kind of bagged out. Wanting a paid job, not getting anywhere fast, constantly writing here there and everywhere - then your challenge happened. I remember 'signing up' as it were, then thinking 'bugger - this may become an aful lot of hard work'.

Then you stopped by my log and left a comment that's stuck in my mind ever since, with regard to my aspirations - chiefly being able to afford a new home. You said 'The digital nomad life is a beautiful goal and it is achievable'.

It felt like someone gave me the final boot up the ass. My life isn't going to improve if I don't work harder, learn more, use what I know and aim high.

Your simple sentence made me consider my options. So whilst I may have written the hubs, researched them and currently have a lot more work (on the go) to support them, I may well have continued being stuck on my private plateau.

The thing about words is this: the things we write aren't always received as we'd expect - the impact is sometimes a very positive and powerful one on the reader.

So sincerely, thankyou smile

And my gratitude remains extended to the hubbers I mention in my OP.

For anyone else stuck in a rut, writing, financial or otherwise: sitting around won't change a damn thing. As my lovely partner always says: instead of stalling at barriers, seek solutions wink

And I will get my bloody home, even if it means arthtitc fingers in the next ten years!

To Aya, Ohma, Lender, Mr Popo and charanjeet, I thankyou.

28. mrpopo profile image71
    mrpopoposted 14 years ago

Wow Frog, well done! Keep on hopping towards success, my amphibian friend!

29. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Congrats Froggy, hope it keeps hopping along.

30. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Congrats to you too then Lily smile

31. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

Awesome and great job...I knew you were green for a reason smile

32. frogdropping profile image76

Ahhhh lol it's been a lot of work though mtsi. And learning. I wish I could get that across to those that expect a quick return. It isn't. But the potential of future earnings is worth the intial six month or so ride out of internet oblivion and into internet recognition.

Once you reach a stage whereby you're earning, you'll always earn. Patience, diligence, quality content, attention to detail - a dash of doggedness ... anyone is capable smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I have a ways to go...but then again I am not going anywhere so time is on my side smile

33. frogdropping profile image76

My flipper feet are crossed for you. I'm sure a few hundered dollars a month will be most welcome. I can't think of a time when extra money isn't welcomed!

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I could not agree more...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)