jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

Countdown to Hubbalicious: Synchronize your watches!

1. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

As everyone should be well aware, the daily contest runs from Midday of the one day, to the midday of the next (well 11:59am to be precise). Last time a lot of people were asking when was the right time to start publishing their hubs because they were outside the U.S. or outside the specific timezone, here's my suggestion on how to get it right...

* If you've got Windows (Vista) mouse-over your clock/date in the bottom right hand corner of your desktop.

* Click on "Change date and time settings".

* Select the "Additional Clocks" tab.

* Click on "Show this clock" and select the time zone of Pacific Time (GMT -08:00),

* Click OK!

Then you're done. When you mouse-over the clock/date in the bottom right hand corner of your desktop it will have Local Time and the one that you've added, which I've named "HubPages Time"!

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image92
      Les Trois Chenesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My computer only gives me choice of 2 GMT times, and even these are not active. Having the two times would be good. Still, now I know PT is California, perhaps I'll have another go at web sites, and this page has given me the idea of setting a watch to PT time when and if I suss it out!!

2. KCC Big Country profile image89
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

So awesome to have multiple clocks! Thanks for the walk-thru Darkside!  I have mine set.

3. emievil profile image79
    emievilposted 7 years ago

That's cool! Thanks DS.

*bump*

4. gramarye profile image61
    gramaryeposted 7 years ago

Doesn't seem to work on windows chrome, but set it to Pacific time. I've got a watch on my wrist with real time :-)

1. barryrutherford profile image74
      barryrutherfordposted 7 years agoin reply to this

what time can we post gramarye ?

i dont use Vista...

5. CMHypno profile image95
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

Thanks Darkside, I have been trying to work out Pacific Time, but so far had had no luck!

il try work it out !

2. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Last time I worked out what time 12:00pm PST was for AEST and it was about 6am in the morning (Daylight Savings was happening at the time). Now it's about 5am. The NEXT day of course.

At least this way I can check and see how many hours to go without having to work it out.

mm the mind boggles fo i wait or do i post early...

6. relache profile image92
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Sometimes it is really nice to just be in the same timezone as the HubPages offices...  but that's a nice workaround for those who aren't.

7. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 7 years ago

Great tip, Thanks smile

8. emievil profile image79
    emievilposted 7 years ago

Bumping this up just in case. smile

9. wyanjen profile image81
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

There will also be a countdown clock:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44076?p … ost1024056

big_smile

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Excellent!

I suggested that during the last contest. They had one for the weekly voting, but not one for each day.

2. Les Trois Chenes profile image92
      Les Trois Chenesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is what I need - a count-down clock for each day!

10. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

also, there's FoxClocks add-on. you can customize it and it's displayed in the status bar at bottom of screen.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1117/

11. travelespresso profile image79
    travelespressoposted 7 years ago

Great tip Darkside, I like it a lot.  Unfortunately I don't have Vista but I found this great work around.

Time and date is a website which allows you to enter the time you want (the start of the challenge) and enter your own country.  It then converts the time and you then have the start time in your country. 

It's not as good as Darkside's suggestion or a countdown clock but pretty cool.

Here's the link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Good luck everyone!

working