Hubbalicious Contest Official Thread (NO Daily Puzzles here)

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 207 discussions (432 posts)
  1. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 13 years ago

This is a thread that will stay open during the course of the Eat, Drink, and Be Hubbalicious contest. Feel free to ask questions, and chat about the contest here. I will post the Daily Drawing winners here, as well as stats about the number of submissions.

Note: The Daily Puzzles will be posted in their own, unstickied, threads in the Forums, at about noon Pacific every day through the 28th.

Have fun, everyone, and good luck! smile

BTW, it's 9:51am on June 1st now, so the contest begins in just over 2 hours.

1. soni2006 profile image76
      soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info Jason.

2. profile image53
      abeysomoneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

3. barryrutherford profile image75
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

Guees what it is June (2)the second here...tongue

Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the Antipodeans will have to step back in time a bit, so to speak. smile

Remember, we run off Pacific time only here in the HubPages office and for the contest. You can always check the date and time for the contest here:
        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=224

The contest page will also have a countdown timer for each day, starting at noon today.

4. barryrutherford profile image75

just as well i am a fan of Dr Who !  smile

5. Jason Menayan profile image60

The contest is hereby kicked off! You'll see on the contest page, via the countdown timer, that you have just shy of 24 hrs to publish, for the first time, up to 5 Hubs on the topic of Grains, Pulses, Rices & Beans (as cooking ingredients).

To be clear: we're not looking for recipes this week. Your Hubs should be about cooking ingredients this week. Hubs could include information about the varieties of ingredients in each category, how/where to buy them, how to select them, how to store them, any nutritional benefits, etc. A Hub for today, for example, could be titled "Black Beans information" and have extensive information about the varieties of black beans (Black Magic, Domino, etc.), nutritional benefits (a discussion on its vitamins, protein, fiber, etc.), how to pick black beans at the supermarket (what to look for), what they're good substitutes for in recipes, etc.

1. barryrutherford profile image75
        barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is my first hub on the topic

1. charanjeet kaur profile image59
          charanjeet kaurposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jason I cannot include my favorite recipes of black beans is it in the hub. Just curious thanks for a heads up.

Recipes should not be the centerpiece of a Hub in this category, but if you really want to include a black bean recipe on a Hub about black beans as an ingredient, there's nothing wrong with that.

Jason,  I was going to say with so many prospective foow writer in this competition the sub ject of rice and grains will soon dry up after about 20 hubs... get my drift ?

Trying to discourage the competition? wink

There's always beans and pulses, too!

1. charanjeet kaur profile image59
                  charanjeet kaurposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes thats one of my entry (wink) it fits the hubmob so should i follow the hubmob directions first and post the link in this thread.

You shouldn't post a link to your Hub here, although you should to the HubMob thread.

2. barryrutherford profile image75

no just saying how many times can you write about the sorts of rice & how to grow rice there willl be overlap & duplication if it is restricted to that alone...smile

You can certainly go far more specific. I can easily imagine great award-winning Hubs on:
                    - Wild Rice
                    - Red Rice
                    - Arborio Rice
                    - Basmati Rice
                    - Jasmine Rice
                    etc.

ok five hubs on each there is 25 hubs how many people have enrolled in the competition ?

We won't know until the tally tomorrow, and that's only for Day 1's contest. People enter automatically by publishing an eligible Hub in the right time window.

2. Sandyspider profile image75
        Sandyspiderposted 13 years ago

I'm still trying to get the hang of the forums. When we had the March Health contest I didn't join any HubMobs or forums. I feel I lost out.

This is my first one for the June contest. I hope I am doing everything right. http://hubpages.com/hub/Bean-Onion-Sala … h-Benefits

The forums are just for discussion, and for guessing the Daily Puzzle, which is optional.

I'm afraid this Hub would not be eligible, as it's not a Cooking Ingredient Hub, but a Recipe Hub. It should have been published on June 16, 20 or 21.

1. Sandyspider profile image75
            Sandyspiderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't realize I messed up. Thanks for pointing that out.

3. Jason Menayan profile image60

Sorry, there's no RSS for the contest.

However, you can always pull in the separate RSS feeds for each day's topic. For example:

http://hubpages.com/topics/food/cooking … atest/?rss

You just look at the "Latest" view for the topic, and append ?rss to the end of the URL.

1. rmcrayne profile image90
          rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jason, I think I'll include each day's topic RSS feed/s in the roundup hub, which I hope to have published in 48 hours or less.

That's terrific, Rose Mary! I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy referring to it. smile

4. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Okay. So maybe I broke a little sweat writing five hubs in one day. But, I gotta tell ya, it felt like the old days behind the 'firing' line of the kitchen. I really enjoyed getting back in the game, reading the competition after and getting the food to the window in good time, great condition. Speaking of game, is there going to be a week on Game Meats? Don't know if I overlooked it on the list. (my 'bean' is little 'couscous-ed' at the moment -sorry bad kitchen joke)

-James

Nice job! Five Hubs within the first 5 hours of the contest day...you'll have a head-start on queuing up tomorrow's Hubs.

On meats:
          starting Friday, there's Meat & Poultry as ingredients
          on June 11, there's Meat cooking techniques
          on June 17, there's Main course recipes
          and the final week has a wide range of cuisines that could involve meat.

smile

5. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Are we to enter this contest only under the 'HubMob' banner, link and subsequent etc?

If not.... (under that banner) where are entries to be lodged or are they just identified by the publishing time, date and subject?

If you want to enter the contest, you only have to categorize it correctly and publish it in the right time window. I have a report that pulls up all the Hubs published in the right category at the right time.

Of course, you can participate in both the HubMob and the contest at the same time. You follow the directions for the HubMob, but then make sure you categorize the Hub correctly for the day and publish it in the right time window. (It looks like there are 13 hrs and 35 minutes left to publish a Hub on either rices/grains or beans/pulses)

1. Pearldiver profile image68
            Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jas... 13 hours left. hmm  It's funny that as it is 6.00 pm June 2rd Here. smile

6. soni2006 profile image76
        soni2006posted 13 years ago

When the winner for today's contest will be announced.

Today's topic does not close for 12 1/2 hours.  Announcement cannot be before then.  March contest daily winners were announced pretty promptly.

7. Paige Masters profile image80
        Paige Mastersposted 13 years ago

Congrats to Lily Rose for winning today's puzzle!

8. soni2006 profile image76

Thanks God, I was able to publish 5 hubs in today's topic in the time frame.

Wow soni!  As usual, you are a machine!  You know you can start your hubs through Princessa's link, and your hubs will be HubMob and contest.

Dear, actually I wrote 4 hubs on around 7 days back and they were just in unpublished status. The fifth hub which is the latest one, I have written and published today only and that comes in HubMob category too.

I am ready with 4 unpublished hubs in Dairy products and cheese topic for today. Will write one more tomorrow and complete 5 entries for June 2 also. I have also got 3 hubs for spices and flavorings and 3 hubs for meat poultry and seafood in the pipeline. Will finish them and publish on the specific dates. My idea is to publish as many hubs possible in this month. It's two years now and I want to reveal the magic and ultimate benefits of publishing article on hubpages.

I hear ya soni.  Give us periodic updates on your HP strategy and success.

2. calicoaster profile image77
              calicoasterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woww...you are a true inspiration here soni!! ... smile

9. soni2006 profile image76

Thanks a lot for the support friends. Lets rock the contest with targeted content.

1. queen cleopatra profile image84
          queen cleopatraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whew! I was able to post 2 on rices and grains. And I'm feeling giddy because of the timer. I hope I won't be a nervous wreck by June 28. lol But--really--I enjoyed the pressure. It's been a long a time. Thank you, HubPages, for a chance to ride a mental roller coaster smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, queen cleopatra, those are some amazing hubs!! good luck!
            smile

congrats akirchner!!

10. soni2006 profile image76

Now it's time to post hubs in dairy and cheese. I have 4 hubs available unpublished. Will do some finishing touches and start publishing in 15 minutes.

11. liswilliams profile image41
        liswilliamsposted 13 years ago

thanks for the timer, guys  it's really helpful!

12. Jason Menayan profile image60

The first day was very successful! We had 129 entries to the contest, and 3 won by Lily Rose's winning guess on the Daily Puzzle for yesterday, so 132 entries going into the random drawing.

The winner: akirchner!
        Check out her winning Hub here:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Culinary-Basics … sing-Beans

She is the lucky winner of $50!

Keep in mind that all of the eligible entries will enjoy a thorough reading for the weekly Best Hub (as judged by our panel of judges) and People's Choice (as judged by you).

Today's topic, which began about 40 minutes ago, and will continue for approx 23 hrs and 20 minutes, is Cheese & Dairy (as ingredients)

Keep on cranking! tongue

13. soni2006 profile image76

Published my 4 hubs in the today's topic. Now it's time to sleep, it's 1:22 A.M. in Delhi, India right now.

Impressive!

Pleasant dreams (hopefully not only about yogurt, cheddar, and buttermilk)!

I love buttermilk. It's always in my dreams but I don't have it in the afternoon. It makes me really sleepy more than my beer.

14. Princessa profile image80
        Princessaposted 13 years ago

congratulations akirchner!

15. K9keystrokes profile image82
        K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

Good (pacific coast) afternoon. As a new hubber, the contest's really interest me. Just to be sure I am understanding correctly, to enter you simply need to enter your hub during the correct time line, under the correct topic. No other action need be done? No drop windows? No key-word to include for entry? Just publish your hub? 
        Looking forWORD to contest play....Let the games begin!
        Thanks for your time!

K9: Yes, that's correct. The topic/category is selected from a series of drop-down menus when you set up your Hub. (Which you've done 100% correctly for your Quinoa Hub yesterday; it did show up in my report among eligible Hubs)

1. K9keystrokes profile image82
            K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic Jason! Thank you soooo much for the reassurance. The whole newbee syndrome can bring some uncertainty. Thanks for putting on the contest and for keeping us on the WRITE path.
            Best of the day to you~

2. soni2006 profile image76

Jason, can u please tell me that my hubs are coming in the eligible ones or not?

I published 5 on 1st day and 4 on 2nd day. Will publish more for 3rd topic.

Yes, that's exactly what I see - 5 for yesterday, 4 for today. Keep it up! smile

16. Paige Masters profile image80

Big congrats to akirchner!!!

17. lakeerieartists profile image63
        lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

That's amazing, and I am pleased about my measly one per day.  wink

1. Anamika S profile image68
          Anamika Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too! My Busy schedule does not give me much time to concentrate on writing too many hubs.

18. Jason Menayan profile image60

The second day is complete, and on the topic of Cheese & Dairy, we had 111 entries! Great stuff. big_smile

So, among the 114 drawing entries (111 for Hubs, 3 to PhoenixV for being the first to guess yesterday's Daily Puzzle correctly), we have one winner:

liswilliams!
        Her winning Hub:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Cheese-and-Wine-Pairing

Congratulations!

About 45 minutes ago, the 3rd contest day began, with the topics Herbs & Spices, or Extracts & Flavorings. You can publish up to 5 Hubs in either of those categories until noon Pacific tomorrow (about another 23 hours and 15 minutes).

Rock on!

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Em, not to complain. I saw the article -which  I think is great about wine-cheese pairing,- but according to the rules, it should be about:

My curiosity is how does wine pairing fit into that?
          Are the cheeses selected based on wine then?

I think it fits. In this case, cheese isn't being used in a recipe or in a particular culinary technique; it's being used in its unchanged form.

I was just giving some examples to think about the first week's topics as ingredients (and not within the scope of a recipe or a cooking technique), but that wasn't an exhaustive list.

If you need any more clarification, I'm happy to oblige. smile

1. profile image0

No worries, J. Not a big deal. smile
              -ps, not to scare you, but your photo reminds me of someone I knew who lived in North Bay.

19. liswilliams profile image41

seriously, told you you rock,

thanks Jason smile

20. melbel profile image93
        melbelposted 13 years ago

I pre-wrote a hub for later in the month. I will probably just edit it and made it pretty for the day that I release it. I will also work on another hub for the contest later in the month. I am glad there is a contest, it has given me the motivation that I need to write more hubs.

21. Paige Masters profile image80

I have a question or two about what encompasses today's topic.  Some things I've considered writing about may or may not fit the bill in terms of seasonings and flavorings.  I've gone back and forth, so I'm just going to ask.

Would writing about specific types of vinegars or oils fall under the umbrella of the topic at hand?  Not sure, but I suspect yes.  Could you let me know?

Paige,

Yes, absolutely. You can focus on a specific type of vinegar, for example. It's almost impossible to go too narrow; it's better to be too specific than too broad.

1. Paige Masters profile image80
            Paige Mastersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, that was my plan, to write about a specific kind of vinegar.  Off to hub.  smile

1. PhoenixV profile image63
              PhoenixVposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

22. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

congrats liswilliams. sounds like my kind of hub!! wine and cheese. smile

23. liswilliams profile image41

Hey Guys ,

what actually is the definition of a recipe because I thought it was giving exact ingredients with amounts and directions.

Isn't ok if it's 2 lines with an example of something because I wouldn't say that's a recipe, otherwise the hub is so dead

Thanks a lot

Yes, a recipe should list ingredients, directions, and describe the transformation of the ingredients into a final dish. (But that's for week 3 - no recipes before then, please!)

24. Jason Menayan profile image60

The third day of the contest is behind us, and we had 120 fantastic entries on the topics of Herbs, Spices, Extracts and Flavo(u)rings.

And on to the Daily Drawing...with 123 entries (120 via Hubs, and 3 to Paige Masters for guessing caraway correctly yesterday in the Daily Puzzle), the winner is:

Sheila Wilson!
        Here is her winning Hub:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Types-of-Pepper

Congratulations, Sheila!

And for everyone: today's topics, Meat, Poultry and Seafood (remember! as ingredients, not descriptions of culinary techniques or recipes) began about a half hour ago, so you have well over 23 hours to get your Hubs in!

Rock the Hubbah!

25. Paige Masters profile image80

Congrats, Sheila!

26. profile image0

congrats Sheila; really nice hub.

27. K9keystrokes profile image82
        K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

Congrats Sheila!

1. Sheila Wilson profile image88
          Sheila Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

28. mega1 profile image77
        mega1posted 13 years ago

I put a recipe in my calimari hub - my mistake.  Does that mean my hub won't be included in today's contest entries?

Yes, I'm afraid so. That hub could be either a recipe Hub or a cooking technique (for June 11) but would not qualify for an ingredient Hub. I'm sorry.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image85
            oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For June 8 contest, and the whole week, could recipes be used for cooking techniques?  I hadn't seen it originally as an option in the list of examples.  It sounds like a recipe though, would be a technique according to the above conversation?  Thanks Jason

No, they should not include recipes. You should discuss different cooking techniques, but not include recipes.

For example, today's topic is beans & grains.
              You can discuss (these are just examples):
              - soaking and cooking beans vs cooking immediately
              - sprouting beans and grains
              - refrying beans
              - raw preparation
              - boiling vs steaming

1. oceansnsunsets profile image85
                oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, thanks Jason

29. mega1 profile image77
        mega1posted 13 years ago

yeh, that was a dumb question.  sorry to bother you busy people!

Not a dumb question!

Unfortunately, it won't show up in my report for those contests since it's already been published. I would delete it and port over the content to a brand new Hub, and not publish it until June 11's contest day begins.

30. mega1 profile image77
        mega1posted 13 years ago

That's ok - I'm not much of a pro at contests, too many rules for me~  guess I'll just keep my freedom and forgo the competitions!

31. barryrutherford profile image75

mm pease read with bi-focals the instructions !

32. soni2006 profile image76

Published 3 hubs in Herbs and Spices and Extracts and Flavorings yesterday. Publish one for Meat and Poultry topic for today.

33. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years ago

I just finished posting my 4th hub for meat, poultry, and seafood! Whew!

1. Anamika S profile image68
          Anamika Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your win habee!

34. profile image0

Me eyes went blurry and i missed posting my shrimp hub. lol.
        poor little crusts -maybe next time.

35. Pearldiver profile image68

Is the Meat section Over and Finished Now???
        I've had a power outage in NZ... so I guess I've missed with my work on seafood. ???????????

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just post it anyway, PD sorry it is done 24 minutes ago, make some hubs about fruits and vegetables for todays entry,

2. Jason Menayan profile image60

Yup! We're on to Fruits and Vegetables. You can always see the countdown clock on the contest page below the Daily Topic.

36. Pearldiver profile image68

Or.... How much more time is left?

Well done Holle... I knew that damn bean as well sad

37. Pearldiver profile image68

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl ..... I mean Bugger!

Thanks for your prompt reply Jas.... fair wilted my cucumber.. so best I don't do anything with that Veg lol

Hava good day mate. Thanks.

38. Jason Menayan profile image60

Happy Saturday!

For our 4th day of the contest, on the topics of Meat, Poultry and Fish as cooking ingredients, we had 76 Hubs submitted, really great stuff. Along with Twenty One Days's 3 bonus entries, we had 79 eligible entries into the Daily Drawing for $50. The winner.... (drumroll please)

Kathryn Vercillo!
        You can check out her Hub here:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Shopping-for-Fi … nd-Fillets

Congratulations, Kathryn.

Now we're on to Fruits and Vegetables (as ingredients, not cooking techniques or recipes), which you'll have about another 23 hours and 30 minutes to publish for the first time. Looking forward to it!

And the Hubbing goes on... tongue

1. Kathryn Vercillo profile image87
          Kathryn Vercilloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to all who have congratulated me on the win. It's a lot of fun participating in this month's contest!

You deserved this win Kathryn. I have commented something on your hub. Check out. Congrats again.

By the way, I was only able to publish one hub in Meat and Poultry topic but today I have been able to write 3 hubs in Fruity category.

1. relache profile image73
              relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you actually understand what the Daily Drawing is? 

It's whoever wins by having their name pulled out of the pool of eligible Hubs, which is just based on chance, not opinions or quality of Hub.

Yes I see that then why would they have a panelof 4 to judge the hubs or maybe that for later in the contest when the daily winners are compared !

39. liswilliams profile image41

I agree, habee, this is tiring. This is a busy week, world cup and all that! so I have to write extra this weekend

well done on the win, Kathryn

40. abidareacode profile image68
        abidareacodeposted 13 years ago

Congratulation to the winners so far.Let me to know how I will know whether my hub is considered for the contest or not?
        Also where can I see the daily puzzle?

41. Jason Menayan profile image60

relache is correct: the Daily Drawing is simply a 100% random pick of the eligible entries (Hubs and bonus entries for winning the Daily Puzzle). Hubs must meet the minimum requirements to be eligible for the contest, nothing more. Of course, the Daily Drawing winners have all been of great quality, but this was not the criterion for winning.

The Best Hub (judges' pick) and People's Choice, however, are based on quality, not a random pick. Our team reads all entries over the week, and comes up with 10 finalists. The 10 finalists are judged by the community from Tuesday through Thursday and the one with most votes wins the People's Choice.

In parallel, the panel of judges rates the finalists and comes up with a winner.

Both the Best Hub and People's Choice winners for the week win $100.

1. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So the judges will never see all the entries, right? Just the top 10 entries from each caregory?

The People's Choice panel will have 10 finalists, and the Judge's Panel will have 5 (a subset of the People's Choice finalists). Our team reads each and every Hub, but we have to be mindful of the commitment we ask of our judges, so we give them 5 finalists each week, which they've indicated they can manage to read and judge in time.

1. habee profile image92
              habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gotcha! I wondered how in the heck the judges would read all the hundreds of hubs entered!

42. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

winning the daily contest is exciting, even if it's only a daily drawing! people check out your hub and it's always fun to win $50.00!

I have a good time with it, and apparently so do the participants. smile

43. Jason Menayan profile image60

OK, the 5th day of the contest is complete, and we had 106 Hub entries on the topics of Fruit and Vegetables as ingredients. Along with the 3 bonus entries won by habee for guessing cranberry beans in yesterday's Daily Puzzle correctly, we had 109 entries going into the Daily Drawing.

The winner is...
        debweave!
        Here is her winning entry Hub:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Fun-Onion-Facts

Congratulations, Deb!

And about 40 minutes ago, Day 6 of the contest began, with the topics of baking-related ingredients (there are 3 eligible categories). It's important to restate here that we're looking for Hubs discussing the ingredients, "raw materials" and supplies, NOT baking techniques or baked good recipes.

Onward, Hubbers!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Conratulations - interesting hub!

44. lakeerieartists profile image63
        lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Sorry I missed this deadline.  I have not been feeling well today.  Had one started, but congrats to debweave.  I will work on one for tomorrow.

45. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years ago

Or is that 10 hubs from an entire week?

46. Jason Menayan profile image60

Hello everyone,

Day 6 is complete and with 42 entries on baking-related topics for the day, and 3 extra bonus entries won by Anamika S, we had 45 contest entries going into the Daily Drawing.

The winner? Twenty One Days!
        Here's his winning Hub:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Let-Them-Eat-Brioche

Congratulations, James.

About 48 minutes ago, the final ingredients-related contest day began, on the topics of condiments, vinegars, shortenings, and oils. I look forward to seeing the entry, and you have approximately 23 hours and 12 minutes to publish them!

1. profile image0

No way?! Right on.

Thank you Jason, and everyone!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

1. profile image0

Thank you!

47. barryrutherford profile image75

When will the peopples choice start judging from each day or will we asked near the end to try iand wade through the lot in a few hours ?

The first week's finalists will be up for judging by you, the community, starting tomorrow at noon and continuing for 48 hours. There will be 10 finalists to read through and vote on, not all 600+ entries. smile

thats sounds goo i like that  smile

only one thing perhapa there were many other hubs that were not randomly selected a bit like the packers prize here in Sdney for the Art Gallery of NSW  Archibald Prixe.  There are probably a few gems that were not randonly selected by your system tongue

surely the hubbers choice could come from hubbers not part of your randon selection 7 then we could do a vote on say thirty of the unseelcted hubs by you ?

A way of filtering them down could be those say 20 hubs,  with the highest hub score ?

It just seems to me that it will not be a real selection by us if all we are doing is  selecting a hub out of ten which was actually randomly selected by this system that oyu see as being efficient

Barry,

Please reread the methodology which I explained. The finalists for the People's Choice and Best Hub awards are not selected via random drawing. The Daily Drawing is the only instance in which we use a random drawing.

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1041090

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)