jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

Putting photos in a hub

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Help!  I'm trying to add photos (from a camera at about 500K) to my hub.  I have 2 text fields and want pics at top, middle and bottom. 

Sometimes I can get 1 photo to load, sometimes not.  I have disabled the slide show link.  I can never add a second photo capsule; when I try my browser indicates that I am uploading but then everything stops and the text box for a caption appears.  From that point nothing happens except the little moving circle continues to go around.  15 minutes is not enough time - at that point I quit and delete everything and start over. 

I have even stopped editing, then started again to no avail.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Are you by chance using IE?

wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am using MSN, which puts a different face (whatever it's called) on IE.  I have internet explorer 8.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Use firefox instead. smile

Do you know, is it a bug in IE or some setting I can fix?  I like what I'm using and don't really want to add another browser to use just for HP.

1. oscillationatend profile image60
        oscillationatendposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, IE--as well as Opera--can get screwy with Java and the likes.

2. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Every browser has its own quirks. Hubpages are optimized for firefox, and though I use HP on IE and Opera, too - I switch to FF when I get a problem, and this usually fixes it.

Well, I'll give it a try.  Thanks for the advice.

Anytime smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

IE is a pain in the neck. Practically every Hubber who posts about problems is using it, especially IE8.  It's more vulnerable to hackers than any other browser, too - so it's worth making the shift.

Hmmmm.  That brings to mind another question.  If I run two browsers, do I need to do anything to my Norton?  Do you know?

1. Misha profile image76
            Mishaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you need to trash it, regardless. The sooner, the better smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
            Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness, why would you need to run two browsers?  I switched from IE to Firefox and never looked back.  Never wanted to!

And I agree with Misha, Norton's horrible.

1. lxxy profile image60
              lxxyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norton is BAD!
              When a client uses Windows I recommend "Avast"--it's free for home use and I even have it on the parents computalator. smile

I appreciate all the help.  I got the pics in the new hub and published it using firefox.  Who knows, I may stay with it.  Norton - I've had good luck with it, although it's slow and won't remove everything.  I'll probably change when my year is up.  I'm just a little leery of antivirus programs - I've been hit in the past, as has my wife, and it's not fun.

Download from places like CNET.com or what not. There's a few good hubbers with great info--but for the interest of not appearing biased I'm not going to mention anything or anyone off hand here.

4. Eileen Hughes profile image82
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

I use the free AVG and if you use outlook express email use the spamfighter that gets all your spam.

AVG picks up more virus's than nortons thats for sure.

5. eltravose profile image60
    eltravoseposted 7 years ago

idk

working