jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

When using the new links tool that was just added, it causes errors.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago

I should have looked at the title of the new link tool before starting this topic, but I'm talking about the new tool that was just added in last week where we click on it and it lets us add all kinds of links that are already in blue.  We can pick and choose which ones we want to add.

I just want to make sure everyone is aware that as soon as you open that tool, many words in your article 'glomp' together instead of leaving the proper space between each word.  So be sure to go in and correct the whole article once you've chosen which words you're going to use as links.

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've never had a problem with the "Suggest a link" tool. Maybe it's a random glitch?

2. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I thought that I had fixed this problem. Please try holding down the shift key while refreshing the page to see if that fixes the problem. If it does not, then please tell me what browser you are using and the title of the Hub.

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I would be checking my browser settings to fix this. smile

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've seen it even tonight in other people's hubs that I've read.  There are 20 to 30 words glued together.  I can't be the only one that's noticed.

2. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85

Thank you for the suggestion.  I've asked below what a browser setting is -- but I'll wait to see if it's just a Hubpage glitch instead.

3. LeanMan profile image88
    LeanManposted 7 years ago

I already started a thread a few days back regarding the "suggest a link" tool. I have most links shifted 2 characters to the right instead of where they are meant to be...

4. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

I have'nt seen the new links tool, I don't like change tongue or it takes a while for me to pick up on!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I had that problem last week. HubPages has mentioned several times that they are aware of the problem and are looking into it.

Oh, that's good to know.  Thanks. But in case it's browser settings as earnestshub suggested, what is a browser setting?

2. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85

Today I checked into a hub and tried to do the links.  There was no more problem with words being doubled up by the system.  Hubpages has fixed it and now it's so easy to use this tool.  Hooray Hubpages.

working