jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Responding to Fan Mail

1. Spacey Gracey profile image60
    Spacey Graceyposted 7 years ago

A very happy Friday evening peeps - I am in jubilant mood and haven't even touched a drop of drink yet (even though it is past 7pm!).

I get some lovely Fan Mail. Is there an easy way to respond like we do with comments, and I am just being stupid and not noticing, or do we have to go to fan's profile page and email them from there?

Just wondering if there is a feature I've missed.

And while I'm here - how long has the 'unanswered' forum tab been there for? Is it new, or has it been here the whole time and I am totally nuts?

1. katiem2 profile image57
      katiem2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Email smile

1. Aficionada profile image91
        Aficionadaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How does a non-Hubber become a fan?  I didn't realize this could be done.

1. relache profile image85
          relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It can't be done.  You have to be a signed-in member of the site to become someone's follower/fan.

2. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Quite possibly you are totally nuts, the unanswered section has been there for a long while as to your question I don'think there is anything other than a message option to contact them through email, better to comment on one of their prominent hubpages!!

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think the unanswered thingy has been there all along, but Ive never really acknowledged it. I was like..wtf? unanswered? and looked up and thought..hmm..I think it HAS always been there...

and the other question, I would just send a nice email. Who doesnt like to get nice, non spam email? Especially if its to find out that someone appreicates you.  smile

1. katiem2 profile image57
        katiem2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree, great point!  big_smile

2. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 7 years ago

I can't answer the first question definitively.  I often just follow the other person myself and leave fan mail for them as they did for me.  But I figure that people who leave fan mail know that it can't be directly answered, so I don't feel obligated to respond in any way.

On the forum tabs: I've seen the "unanswered" tab for as long as I can remember, but I've been here only slightly longer than you, and I keep learning new things about HP.  It's possible that the tab is new-ish, but that I just happened to notice it a little earlier than you did!  lol

3. Spacey Gracey profile image60
    Spacey Graceyposted 7 years ago

I honestly have never noticed that tab before. I saw it this evening and thought 'that's a good idea', like it was totally new. Scary how unobservant I am. Probably explains why I hate proof-reading so much. I am always so busy doing something I don't notice even the obvious stuff.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
      Glenn Raymondposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah, yes I just fan them back and once in a while I'll go read a hub and leave them a comment.  I don't think I've noticed the particular tab in question either.  Well.....I am an aging old goat, so it must be that selective sight thing.  Or, I do have my wife do my editing, this is probably going to point to the fact that I don't pay enough attention.  Which would then lead back to that old goat thing again.  Wow, I guess I'll tell her she wont have to slap me today, because I just slapped me for her.....

working