jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

Adsense slots on our hubs

1. world of the wise profile image24
    world of the wiseposted 7 years ago

Hi, i thought adsense allows only 3 ads slots plus one link unit on a page, However, i see upto 5 adsense slots on our hubs. Is that against the rules?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No. Hubpages has a special arrangement through yeildbuild.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
        Mrvoodooposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Do you know if this special arrangement applies to hubbers within our share of the impressions?

I was sure it didn't, but it seems to be common belief that it does.

2. world of the wise profile image24

what about  other blogs which do not have that arrangement, some people say it is ok to have more upto 5 ad units if the rest do not show on the home page.

Adsense will automatically disable the fourth block. It is all in here:

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/

3. world of the wise profile image24

What if the fourth block is a link unit?

Too lazy to follow the link huh? Or even try it and see? lol

4. world of the wise profile image24

Knowles, that link has so may things which i am not interested in. Do you have a particular link

1. thisisoli profile image54
      thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you are too lazy to read a simple article which pertains to a  lot of relevant information which you require then its going to be a long road to earning from adsense in any case.

5. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Just type in "number of ads" in the search box on the page Mark gave you - you'll get your answer in no time at all!

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

This recent thread is very explanatory in regards to AdSense on HubPages,

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/48463

7. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

According to How many Google ads can be display per page

Currently, AdSense publishers may place up to three AdSense for content units on one web page.

Their system will detect the multiple ad units and will display unique ads to each ad unit.

The system will automatically display an optimal number of highly targeted Google ads on each page. So the maximum number of ads may not always appear.

In addition to the three standard ad units, you may also place a maximum of three link units and two search boxes on each web page.

You may also place one AdSense for video unit on each web page.

This will apply for those who have their own self-hosted website, it may vary if one is using wordpress or blogger.

8. brettb profile image66
    brettbposted 7 years ago

If you put YieldBuild on your site you can put as many ad blocks in as you like. But the one at the top and half way down my content seems to work best for me.

What I also did was move the navigation to the right of the screen (like in HubPages) as people don't look at that side of the screen much. I think YieldBuild agrees as that's normally where you'll see those low paying fatloss ads etc.

If you watch YieldBuild closely you can also see it mixes up the color schemes, so it must try out different things to maximise returns and keep people on their toes.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
      Mrvoodooposted 7 years agoin reply to this

'If you put YieldBuild on your site you can put as many ad blocks in as you like.'

Is that true?

No - I think it is 5 instead of 3.

9. world of the wise profile image24

Some one gave a good answer. 3 ad units, 3 link units, 2 search boxes, and one video ad. Thats a total of 9. Wow. It looks like i have got what i wanted

10. snagerries profile image71
    snagerriesposted 7 years ago

Currently, AdSense publishers may place up to three AdSense for content units on one web page.

Their system will detect the multiple ad units and will display unique ads to each ad unit.

working