I've been seeing a LOT of hubbers writing very seasonal or one hit hubs lately. Mostly along the lines of upcoming movies, news events etc.
So just wondering what YOU write.
Evergreen, Evergreen Seasonal or One Hit Wonders?
And of those, which ones have you done the best with so far?
P.S. The majority of mine (95%) are evergreen. The other 5% I've been dabbling in seasonal/one hits.
Well mostly i write i should say kind of hubs which can be read in distant future in same way people will read it now.
Evergreen and deciduous (seasonal) - mostly the former: I want my work to be relevant even decades from now.
Actually, I think you'll find most Hubbers regard their Seasonal Hubs as Evergreen - because they will come around again next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. Sl although they have their peaks and troughs, they are still long-lived.
I've noticed that some people made money from one hit wonders such as the World Cup, but I wonder how successful it is? Hubs make small amounts of money over time, and I can't see how a topical subject would get traffic for long enough to pay off.
I do both and most my money comes from fad stuff right now. It brings some money in while I hunt down the evergreen niches I can tackle.
I wrote a hub on vuvuzelas - I wrote it during half time, so it took less than 20 minuets. I've made $45 ish on commission, but probably more than that because it has pushed me over % thresholds the last two months because of the large volume of sales. And weirdly it is still making sales.
I wouldn't persue fashionable hubs as a strategy but I am opportunistic so if I see a chance, and have a spare few minutes, I write a hub - for me that is the fun part, and the carefully researched hubs are the work part of HP.
by sampurna shrestha4 years ago
Hey hubbers out there.. I am new to hubpages and i am not sure if I can really make money here. Like i have seen some success stories in hubpages but that seems to be long time ago. I am a student and i have little...
by Thomas Swan4 years ago
Is hubpages in danger of being over-run by writers from India who can't write proper English? I went to a hubpages question yesterday, and half the answers were from Indian hubbers who didn't understand the question but...
by Carolee Samuda4 years ago
I was hub hopping and had to flag a few hubs for being substandard (word count). One hub had exactly 10 words and 2 photos. There should be a way the system prevents you from publishing a hub like that except if it's in...
by Spacey Gracey7 years ago
Can you remember what it was like when you first started to write Hubs?Before you read this rambly post - please know that I am not a newbie trying to suck you dry for information without doing any of the work myself....
by literatelibran14 months ago
Sounds like there are lots of changes going on, and it seems that many Hubbers are discouraged. If you were starting from scratch on the site, would you still put in the effort to build your portfolio of hubs here, or...
by Susannah Birch13 months ago
You can't. Just had to put that out there as I'm seeing newbies all over the forums going on about these topics lately.Serious money comes from getting views from Google NOT from having other hubbers visit your work....
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.