Ever had a Hub that went from 20 views a day....

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

to over 600 a day over night after a year.. with no real or obvious explanation as to why?

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope. But then ... traffic stats are all greek to me.

*har har big_smile*

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
        Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Τι; Δεν ειναι στην Ελληνικα

That's not a language. It's just pictures.

Sufi? Falar Portugûes para mim ... ou Inglês :p

Δεν καταλαβαινω, μωρα μου sad

Christ on a cracker - that really is greek to me neutral

1. skyfire profile image80
                skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess even you don't have Greek fonts installed or maybe sufi posting μ, Δ, α    neutral

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
                Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What wine goes with that?

2. Greek One profile image63
              Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think he made fun of the Portuguese or something tongue

You think?

Nah. He wouldn't. It'll be the Ouzo. Or humidity. Or too many goats for company smile

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but then it faded to lower volume, but still remained higher than what it was doing.

Meaning, I've had hubs averaging about 30-40 views a day, then top out over 1000, then subside down to about 400-500 views. smile

3. Aya Katz profile image84
      Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Something similar happened to me about three times. Once, someone at reddit posted a link. The other two times, the traffic was organic, through search engines, when one of my obscure keywords suddenly became topical because it was in the news. But it always dies out in less than a week.

4. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh, I couldn't stay away, sorry greek, it's a Toronto thing, as you know.  It won't happen again, forgive me?

5. profile image50
      xboxjunkieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

where do i  make a group or a topic help guide doesnt help me with this can some 1 help

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, but that's AWESOME!!

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Yes, but you can see where the traffic is coming from.  In my case, someone posted a link to my hub on a busy college forum.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

I can see the coffee hub on a good position in Google! wink tongue

yeah.. its the coffee hub.. but it's position hasn't changed on Google.. that's the weird thing..

all of a sudden (literally) people are trying to find out things that are wrong with the coffee.. but there hasn't been any news about the coffee to spur interest..

the only thing normal is that the adsense venue has stayed to about 10 cents a day lol.. they are going to the hub and clicking off... whatever they are trying to find, they ain't find it here smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

did you check your keywords in the stats section?

to see how people are finding you?

yeah... the are searching for disturbing facts about this particular company....

but historically such searches are minimal, but all of a sudden, with no evident reason whatsoever, they have increased dramatically over the past few days...

I just which I could understand why (i REALLY would have liked to understood why if there was a corresponding movement in Adsence $)

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I enjoyed reading it.. and paper moons comment is classic.

burnt coffee, hmm, sounds like another establishment..

do you see any extra incoming links in your hub metrics?
            maybe there was a blurp about it on some talk radio show or you just have a lot of unhappy Hortonites. hmm

nope... no other change that I can see in any stats...

there must have been some news story about it somewhere, but nothing I can find.

Funny thing is, a while back a guy was banned from a store for complaining about burnt coffee from that Tim Hortons(there is a link about it in my Hub) and it was a big news story here in Canada (it must have been a VERY slow news day).. but my hits didnt go up at all

1. profile image49
                dragon1947posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'll find your answer in Facebook, there the new "like" system is viral, a friend's page comes up with "THe Disturbing FACTS about Tim Hortons Coffee (Very GROSS)!!! You will NEVER drink another TIM HORTONS COFFEE after seeing this!" if you click on the link you are treated to a series of FB demands to repost this message everywhere before you can see the information promised. I bailed, refusing to repost this to all my friends' home pages. But I was curious, so here I am on your hub.

well that would explain it..

so does that mean someone said they 'liked' it on facebook and then the facebook system did the rest??.. ie irritating users without my knowledge?

2. profile image0
            china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It can be as simple as a 'topic' at a college ?  Here in China I used a controversial (for Chinese) debate topic "should Japan aplogise for their 1930's occupation [Nanjing mass murders etc]" 

The information that I originally researched for the 'topic' was way down in Google, maybe page ten or fifteen, afterwards the information was on page two and stayed there as I did the same topic the following year.  The two sources that the students found on their own must have had elevated traffic.

1. thisisoli profile image72
              thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It may be perosnalised search, try searching for it again through scroogle.org

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually I've heard that if they find what they actually seek in your hub or blog or whatever, then they're much less likely to click on anything.

But I think that also happens a lot with links. People will click through if someone recommends it, read what they're directed to and go away again.

i think the average staying time was 1 and 1/2 nanoseconds lol

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Loosely translated, I think he was trying to say this...

http://www.todayinsport.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ronaldo-crying.jpg

and is his second post, he mentioned..

http://www.bookmakers1.com/greece2004winners.jpg

lol

That was particularly sweet

I had the day from hell so I am now hitting the Ouzo. Delicious oblivion beckons tongue

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who is to the right of No. 20? Mother Theresa?

well, we did need divine help to win

1. profile image0

Sorry Greek, but I'm married to a Spaniard. I'm going with the champions! wink

This guy?

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-CO-Misc/spaniard2.jpg

1. profile image0

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/CommentCrazyGirl/Smiley%20Animals/Cows%20Horse/matadorsmilef-1-1.gif
                He's from the south.

2. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 13 years ago

lol

3. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

The trick is to make sure you have two ads showing above the fold and then start your article off dully. People decide you suck and click on one of your ads instead!

What a strategy! I've never tried it, but one day I will.

people have always thought I suck, and still no clicks

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I doubt that, Greeky. Has that baby been born yet? If so, many congratulations. Enjoy him or her. Believe me, they grow up so fast.

6 more weeks.. but my own belly is getting bigger

4. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Could the old nicotine/MSG in the Horton's coffee hoax come up again?

I looked around the news but didnt find anything..

I just think the internet is broken

1. koladivar profile image61
          koladivarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not just you..! me too!

you broke the internet!?!?!

5. rajan1311 profile image71
      rajan1311posted 13 years ago

well, your lucky, only jump i have seen is from 0 views to about 30 views a day big_smile

not really lucky.. Adsense revenue hasn't changed at all

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)