jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do?

1. MeGunner profile image61
    MeGunnerposted 7 years ago

As in, when all you want to do is write and enjoy doing it, but hubpages is so full of so many more gifted writers... So much so that instead of drawing inspiration from them, you want to go into hiding, learn some more and then, maybe return someday. But, you suddenly realise you'll probably start the journey all over again! Then, everyone all around keep talking about how they are making money and you try to learn how to, but some of those concepts are kind of complex and time consuming... sometimes, you can afford the time investment... Please tell, what do you do?

1. Dorsi profile image92
      Dorsiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Like my mother-in-law says when you are overwhelmed: Take one bite out of the elephant at a time. There is alot to learn so figure out how much time you can devote and just do it. Learn all you can and just keep writing!
      I've been here 2 years and it took me 10 months to get to payout. Now I receive a check every month but I could do better. Time is tough for me though but I always make time to learn something. Just keep at it.

MeGunnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot. Just wondering if you hand to learn all those technicalities of backlinks and promotions stuffs...

1. Dorsi profile image92
          Dorsiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes I sure did. I didn't know squat about backlinks when I started. You'll get it...just keep reading and you'll learn how to do so many things here! I visited the forums alot and asked questions, and read others hubs.

2. Polly C profile image89
    Polly Cposted 7 years ago

You're a good writer, MeGunner, so just keep writing! Don't focus too much on the abilities of other hubbers, as everyone has their own style, including you.  And with regards to making money - well, I'm not too much of an expert on that, but I reckon you definitely need a LOT more hubs.

MeGunnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are always there... Hope I'll be welcome if I pay you a visit someday in Norwich?

1. sofs profile image83
        sofsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Count me in I did not know a thing  about most of the internet concepts but, I am slowly but surely learning. Never give up. There may be good writers but only you can write like yourself... Cheer up. Think positive, work hard and you will soon see results!!

3. Beth100 profile image77
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

You've written a few great hubs.  Keep the solid content coming.  Read up on back linking, SEO, keywords, etc.  There's a few hubbers here who have written spectacular hubs (and I have learned a lot from them).  Just quickly off the top of my head is Sunforged, Darkside, Mark Knowles, Ryankett....there are several more but I'd be if I can remember them at the moment.  When they come to mind, I'll let you know.  Ah, some of the hubbers here will list a few more (they don't have short term memory loss like I do....)

BTW, I really enjoyed reading your hubs.  Welcome!

working