I am not too pleased. I had a pagerank three hubpage flagged.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (35 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

I think it was unfairly flagged for excessive promotion. I took a website off that linked to it twice, but I was not looking for backlinks, as I have more hubpages listed on that site than vice versa. I wish people would look into these things a little more carefully.

bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I were looking for backlinks I wouldn't reciprocate Hubpage links on the site. I think it is obvious that I wasn't looking for backlinks. Sheesh.

1. mathewday profile image61
        mathewdayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It would still ruffle my feathers a tad bit if it happened to me, hope it gets cleared up for you soon. smile

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh woe. 

Only to have that problem....hmm

Lol. I have a few. Doesn't mean I am making a mint, just that google likes some of my sites, lol.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
          IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah well...., I'm glad you can see it from our view.  Silly to whine when you, as you just admitted, when YOU have so much.wink

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

you can mail hubpages team asking for query, team@hubpages.com

I will wait to see if they publish in a reasonable time. They need to trust me a bit more, as I have been around here awhile, but I will keep the revisions in place and see if they publish. Thanks for the email contact.

3. Vines profile image60
    Vinesposted 13 years ago

I am having an opposite problem to yours and I am not happy about it too.

My latest hub is totally NOT promotional, and yet, Hubpages does not seem to want to publish it! It has been almost 48 hours.

I have NOT linked to ANY of my sites, just to a couple of other hubs which are NOT even mine! And my hub is totally CLEAN.

These things are really not looking good for Hubpages.....They don't seem to be following their own rules anymore. And I always tend to believe whenever ANY site gets too big, things like this will always occur....Always. Go figure.

I sent them an email and will wait to see what's the outcome.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cool down mate, i have 4 hubs waiting to be published for 2days. this time they are taking a bit longer but i know these will come out soon. hubpages is a good place, have faith on them.

2. bgamall profile image68

Well, that could have something to do with the growth and they don't have a massive staff. But maybe we need a max quota so those publishing too much could slow down.

3. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So are you saying when you press the Publish button is refuses to publish the Hub? Are you given a reason? Or have your hubs had trouble before. I write at least 5 hubs a day and have never had a problem.

I just went and looked at your hubs, every one of them links to the same exterior website. I believe that's not allowed. I thought you were limited to the number of links to a single website among all of your hubs.

Marissa Wright has discussed this in the past. She does it on some of her hubs, but there's a lot that don't have any links to her private websites.

No I was flagged with a pink line through the hub in my account, showing it was unpublished. Then I made a correction, and there is a special button for submitting for review to publish. Then it shows green in the account (back office).

1. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I was referencing Vines and his issue.

That is ok Nelle. BTW, I have had 8 people come by since it was unpublished. So maybe someone is looking at it. Must be the silent lurkers. Lol, just kidding.

If I am still having a problem perhaps they could post here just what the problem is. The hub is a collection of hubpages, and it isn't the first, but it takes a lot of work so it may be the last.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bgamall, if you have a link to the same website in every one of your Hubs, you'll get to a point where they'll flag you.

As Nelle says, I have a link to my ballet website in all my ballet Hubs, a link to my bellydance site in all my bellydance Hubs, etc. That's no problem because overall, I'm linking out to 5 different sites.  But if I only wrote ballet Hubs and all of them were linked to my ballet website, I would eventually be in trouble.

It has nothing to do with trust. There are rules and everyone has to follow them.

Well that should motivate less publishing! Lol.

BTW, heard about any no money down loans in the Aussie RE market yet?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

No, no sign of no money down loans.

3. Vines profile image60
        Vinesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@ Nelle Hoxie

This time, I published a hub WITHOUT any links to my website at all. The sole two links in my hub were for other hubs in Hubpages. I am getting nothing out of this right now. I did it as an experiment.

In fact the first draft there were ZERO links in it.

But when I look at my profile, it omits the hub I published. There are supposed to be 7 hubs, I only have 6 listed. In my account that hub is colored green, not blue.

That means it is still in review, and it has been more than 48 hours already. It doesn't seem like Hubpages wants to approve it.

And there is no rule that says you have to limit  the links to your site. What if I have many sites? What if I have one site?

I can write on tons of things that have nothing to do with my site, no problem at all. Personally though, I don't think toiling to build up someone's piece of real estate is worth the sweat.

Not when they give you unnecessary problems.....get calculative with you....etc.

Maybe I could be wrong about all this. Let's wait and see.

In that case, the most likely cause is that you used a word or words that breaks Adsense TOS. Have you opened up the Hub to see if there's a message on it?

http://hubpages.com/faq/#adult_topics

Actually, yes there is.
          http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

"the following actions are likely to get your Hubs identified as overly promotional...

linking repeatedly to the same site within a Hub or across many Hubs"

1. Vines profile image60

Trust me, it is nothing like that. *Rolls eyes*

For God's sake, it is about an aquarium fish!

4. Vines profile image60
    Vinesposted 13 years ago

Has anyone heard of what happened over at Ehow?

No site, and no team is immune to this malady whenever they get too big....

Just food for thought.

I don't think that will happen here. I am not implying in any way that this was a mistake in policy, just that it maybe could have been reviewed and reconsidered before pulling the plug.

1. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wish you all the best   bgamall and Vines,   hope your problems get resolved soon!

2. SarahSilver profile image59
      SarahSilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what happened at ehow?

5. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

My hubs go through review for my earlier tagging problem. Now I have 4 hubs to be reviewed for a long time,I think the team have a very long list of hubs to be revised and that's why it's taking too long. But they will certainly come to us and clear our hubs or let us know what's wrong.The no. of substandard and non sense hubs are increasing rapidly, they really have too much work to do.......

1. Vines profile image60

Saleheensblog,

Thanks for your input. But just a few weeks ago, my hub was approved within a day. And it has always taken 24 hours at the most, usually less than that. Often half a day.

Now my latest hub is taking ages.....

I can understand if the hub is dubious or spammy or violates their terms. But when it is nothing like this, it makes me wonder....just what's going on.

I rest my case.

1. saleheensblog profile image60

i am also a bit worried, few days ago i edited all my 16 hubs and submitted for publication, all were published within 3 hours. But this time almost 4days, no action.Its not TOS issues i am sure. The team is having a hard time for some reason i guess.

6. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

@bgamall:
    Your hub is republished.  I'm sure you realized that the issue was the unrelated link, as the email you were sent clearly specified.  Unfortunately, we do not give special treatment to high-traffic or high-PR hubs.  The only way to ensure that your best-performing hubs aren't unpublished is to follow the rules.  This ensures that people do not take advantage of high-traffic hubs and come back to add more (or unrelated) links later.

@Vines and @saleheensblog:
    It was Labor Day weekend here in the States.  Even moderators need a few days off sometimes.  wink

Sorry Maddie, that is not my primary email. I forgot to look. Thanks for republishing.

Clarification, I did look, but not until today. smile

2. bgamall profile image68

Maddie, I have a question. What if you have a hub that pays little on advertising and you are trying to influence the ads run on the page? I don't know if I succeeded but that is what I was trying to do. And one of the links had more links back to hubpages than to anywhere else. It wasn't like I was trying to steal one way links.

Can you clarify what you were doing to try to achieve that?   

I can't see how adding an unrelated link would help.  Adding  keywords on another subject would actually make things worse, surely.

I didn't add off subject keywords, but I was trying to get a mix of ads that might do a little better. I think that sometimes it works. So, why wouldn't hubpages want ads that do better? Google says that the process for ads is totally separate from the pagerank and search position process.

3. saleheensblog profile image60

i guessed it maddie, hope you had a nice holiday

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)