jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

New Hubber--When to sign up for AdSense?

1. LakeShow T profile image76
    LakeShow Tposted 7 years ago

Hi everyone. I hope this is not a silly question, but here it goes. I am new to Hubpages and just completed my first hub last night. I was wondering when a good time is to sign up for Google AdSense? Is this something I should have done already? It looks like it is from reading through the learning Center. However, I remember reading from a few sources a while ago that one needs to prove themselves (so to speak) before they will get approved. If so, is there a certain standard one must meet before getting approved? Thank you all for reading my question and any advice is appreciated!

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image88
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pulled this from the Learning Center: If you don’t already have an Google AdSense Publisher ID, you can apply for one after you’ve published a few quality hubs. For certain countries your account must also be established for at least 6 months before you will be approved (you can view all specific eligibility requirements here).
      Here is the link.

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/1-2- … s-adsense/

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

3. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 7 years ago

Does it help to first set up a blogspot blog (I was instructed to do this a few years ago) to produce complimentary content for hubs, fill the blog with at least 6-10 quality posts and also write 10 or more hubs before actually applying for google adsense approval?

I did this but am not sure if it was helpful or not.

4. Simone N profile image58
    Simone Nposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the question and the answers!I just wrote my first one today and was wondering the same thing.

1. LakeShow T profile image76
      LakeShow Tposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you to everyone who had insights on this topic. I am glad to see that I am not the only one with this question. Also, thank you for that link Anna. I had read that before and now realize that I had misinterpreted it. I guess I am still a little confused because I know that I had read a few hubs before I joined that laid out some of the standards that should be met in order to get approved for AdSense, but  I have lost track of those now. Since there seems to be varying answers thus far, does anyone else have any insights on the standards that need to be met in order to get approved for AdSense?

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image88
        Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Best advice, write a few more hubs, read some hubs. Traffic to the hubs can take a while, I would say write about 2 more hubs, read a lot, and then, sign up for adsense.  I think I waited a couple weeks...

working