Doing well on Amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. ns1209 profile image64
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

I have now wrote a few sales and product hubs as well as including some amazon capsules on most hubs and seem to be making some money and getting some sales on Amazon consistently now! This month so far sold 11 items varying in price from about $3.00 to about $70!

I am really pleased and excited about this.  Also, I think I am earning more on Amazon than Adsense!  Has anyone else found this?

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The growth in my Amazon revenue over the past two months has made me realise, for the first time, that Amazon could become my primary revenue source. I attribute the reason being that the keyword phrases that you can write to are much less limited, I now ignore cpc entirely when writing for Amazon... in fact, I am attracted to those with a cpc of nothing... in the knowledge that there isn't hundreds of AdSense writers fighting over the traffic. Does that make sense?

1. profile image0

It always turns out that my longstring phrases with a cpc of nothing actually contain a short string phrase with a high cpc phrase anyway... so my AdSense doesn't suffer from this strategy either. So in conclusion, my new strategy is to go long string and ignore cpc... it works perfectly...

2. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear you are cracking Amazon sales, the next few months should be some of the best for the year!

Figure out the earnings per click and compare it with what you get from google though, it is interesting!

Amazon IS my primary source of revenue, however I have recently decided to try and boost my Adsense earnings back up to their levels, they have dropped over the last few months!

2. ns1209 profile image64

Yes, I do understand though it is a bit strange. You are saying that you don't care about the cost per click on Adsense as it means less people will be fighting over a phrase and it means less competition.

I presume you just see Adsense on these hubs as a bonus.  Also Ryan I was thinking that it might make more sense to target more lower paid items and a few higher ones so when you do get that big sale - you get more (is that what you are hoping for on your computer hub series).

Also I just saw your post about the Apple Mac!

1. profile image0

Well, I target anything which I believe I may be able to sell. But if you believe that you can shift a large number of a very small value item, in order to help you rise through the tresholds, then that would appear a perfectly justified and viable strategy to me. I believe that somebody said items valued between $15-$40 are the easiest to shift, and I always find that electronics and gadgets convert well. If you think that you can shift a big ticket item then go for it. I have never managed to sell a Rolex after publishing those hubs a year ago, but I did finally manage to sell some Caviar last week... problem is that it was a cheap caviar alternative, $23 rather than the $1000 stuff that I was touting lol

1. Benjimester profile image87
        Benjimesterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm shifting my strategy more and more as well to target Amazon.  I like your take on it.  That's a good strategy you've developed.  I've also found that the mid-priced items sell the best.  I haven't made more on Amazon ever than Adsense, but I'm definitely starting to target Amazon more.

Also, I think that because hubs that first appear have a pagerank of 0, Adsense ads aren't worth as much, so Amazon is better for the immediate payoff.  When I publish a lot of hubs at a time, Amazon seems to take off and then settle back down, while Adsense slowly builds.

3. passthejelly profile image71
    passthejellyposted 13 years ago

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well on Amazon. I really gets on my nerves that my state does not allow Amazon, but I'm glad it is helping someone.

4. ns1209 profile image64

Yes, that part about shifting electronics is probably true as a lot of my sales are in electronics and they are under about $50.

And passthejelly thanks for the kind words.  It is a shame that people in the U.S. can't promote Amazon products but yet I am from the U.K and can earn commissions!

1. passthejelly profile image71
      passthejellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ya, It is quite silly that Amazon would drop a whole state just for a sales tax on their products.  But hey, when in Rome.

5. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 13 years ago

When you're writing product hubs, I don't think the cpc for Adsense matters either. I have noticed that I never get Adsense clicks on my product hubs, only on my informational hubs.

6. ns1209 profile image64

Oli, I am looking forward to seeing what happens at Christmas time, hopefully lots of sales a day!

Will try and compare the cpc for Amazon and Adsense!

7. xboxps3wow profile image40
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

It really depends on your hubs.. if there are about products, then obviously its better to have amazon. if its just an informative hubs, adsense should do well.

8. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 13 years ago

First of all, congrats, that is great.

I don't write product hubs but do include Amazon capsules trying to find items relevant to what I have written about.  Some months I sell quite a few items which is great.  Some months I sell nothing which is fine because I am really not trying.  But every month I get a lot of clicks (at least what I think is a lot) Its a great way to get some good revenue without that much effort.  That is my kind of work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)