Conspiring to run anyone out of the forums . . .

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (73 posts)
  1. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

anyone?  shall we?  who would we run out?  and why?  I never heard of anything more ridiculous in my life,  but we could try!

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm short with a big nose.  If you chase me I may trip over it.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

pee

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

has been so dry around here lately -  let's get up to some badass trouble, wanna?

3. camlo profile image80
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where did you get this idea, Mega?

1. mega1 profile image79

from the master of self-promotion here - where have you been lately?  lol  Haven't you seen that thread?  Cags is saying he's leaving and he's making his exit last a couple weeks or longer!  haha - he is the MASTER!

1. camlo profile image80

Oh - of course - yes, I saw that. Just didn't bother with it.

2. earnestshub profile image71
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope it's not the same as the closing down sale concept. smile

2. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

well, start pumpin' those little legs, schnoZ!  (is this the right way to do it?) smile

Don't forget the cattle prod.  Oops, I stepped in poo and now I must prostrate over to relieve my foot. sad

1. mega1 profile image79

back already, Stubby?  Well, you're not gonna get any sympathy outta me!  pewww!  what's that smell?

What's wrong Wonderwoman?  Can't stand a little heat from pasture flatulence?  What's a little ozone depletion without the herds' relief? smile

1. mega1 profile image79

and another thing - why are you still here!

lol  this is the most fun I've had in weeks!  hope I don't get into too much trouble!

where was I?

oh, and I know an excellent plastic surgeon could do you a world of good!

Why would I need a plastic surgeon?  The nose is to be proud of.  I live in Iowa and I get California's weather before they do.  I provide a service to all mankind.  I protect the masses from devastating rains and lightnings.  I bring fury to the wicked with the blast of my nostrils (with a few chunks).

2. goldenpath profile image67

You better watch out or I'll kick you on the ankle! I may even get a ladder and kick you on the knee!

1. mega1 profile image79

Aren't you in the wrong forum?  The extinct animals forum is over there! ->

3. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

still looking for sympathy, huh!  well, I'm just getting practice with you.  I'm not seriously running you out, Goldenpath, you're no threat!

Alright sister, don't make me take my gloves off.  Michael Jackson wouldn't be proud of that.  Since we're on the subject of cosmetics let me just add that there are techniques available to take care of that massive unibrow of yours.  I'm sure there's a cream or something. smile

1. mega1 profile image79

That is my mask, baby, and it is beautiful!  I NEVER take it off (except at night sometimes, to sleep)

You're wearing gloves?  Oh, I thought you had some terrible skin condition that you just didn't want to talk about!

2. camlo profile image80

Has Mega really got a unibrow? I can't see it on her profile pic because of that mask.

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

(i don't know how long i'll be able to keep going with this.  seems that i not only have nobody to cheat on, i have nobody to cheat with!)

hey!  running people out here!  need conspirators!

5. Pcunix profile image86
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I'm not sure I want to run anyone out.  I was trying to get Mark Ewbie out, but somehow he found out, so my plans are foiled. 

Don't worry about Cags. I have found the soundproof van, bought the rope and I have a good lead on certain other implements I will need.  He's only an hour or so away from me, so he'll be getting a little midnight visit..  I think we can "talk" him out of this.

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah and you've tried hard to get rid of me too! But that's okay, I know how much you libs hate free speech, so I expect to be reported.

1. Pcunix profile image86
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We don't hate free speech.  We hate ignorant speech.. 

But, I have never reported you for anything.  I'm not sure you ever did anything I COULD report even if I wanted to.

I was joking about Mark.

2. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And that's another right wing trait, paranoia! Hey everybody's out to get me, bomb them.

Oh and free speech is saying what you think, not saying what you are told to (usually by the right)

6. Lifeallstar1 profile image61
    Lifeallstar1posted 13 years ago

It's obvious what he is trying to accomplish. No one has figured it out yet?

1. camlo profile image80

I don't really see the point of it.

2. mega1 profile image79

no, what?  is he trying to get some women to go to bed with him?  or is he trying to get some other hubbers to run away with him?  I don't get it!

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image61
        Lifeallstar1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If anyone needed to leave they would just leave and do what they needed to do, at least for most.   Maybe say they would post 50 more times or something...if they felt the need to make a grand exit.  They wouldn't say they didn't have anymore free time but stay another 1000 posts. I could be wrong, though.

This is only a guess and just having fun with it so no one needs to be offended by my guess since a lot of people find it a bit odd and wonder why so here's my guess... I think he wants to stay and post but have recognition for his welcoming posts, etc. Since he feels he helps out in the forums all the time he wants the elite status? Again just a silly guess but the only thing that adds up since anyone would have been gone if it had to be all or nothing and they had important stuff to do.  Crazy of me to think that, right?

1. mega1 profile image79

no, not crazy - you've hit it on the head - its the hub-martyr syndrome - where a hubber feels they are special in some way and don't get enough recognition and so sometimes post threads that are pathetic bids for attention - or go into the religion or politics forums to trump up some conflict thereby either causing another to get banned or get banned themselves.  Then their "supporters"  keep the whole drama going for weeks.  Its really not even funny, just pathetic.  Not saying that I know this for sure, its just the way it looks.  Anyhow. 

I am going to read my book now so I don't get in more trouble when the angry mob catches up with me!

I would comment in other threads, but there has been a dearth of good conversation/discussion lately, so that's when I usually tend to get in trouble.  lol

Cags gets plenty of recognition..  He has a caustic personality, so it's not always positive, but there is no lack.

I think it is what he says - he spends  too much tine here and feels he needs to quit cold turkey.

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image61
              Lifeallstar1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

He definitely does get the recognition. I think everyone see's that. Sometimes the person getting it doesn't see it though. I'm sure you're right(since you know him more than I do).  I was just having some fun. I think he knows that loads of people love him or at least he should. He should see that just by all the people wishing him luck in whatever he sets out to do, etc and with all the people telling him not to go.   It's right in front of him. He does spend a lot of time here and if the only way is cold turkey then you have to do whatever you have to do because there's a wonderful world out there with millions of possibilities! big_smile

I don't really know him.  We live in the same State, but I've have never met him.  Nor do we even get along - I'm sure he has the same low opinion of me that he seems to have of everyone else smile

1. camlo profile image80

smile You're not as bad as I thought, Pcunix.

Sure I am. I am a lunatic atheist pinko liberal. You can't get much worse!

Seriously: some of us are more volatile than others. I can get riled up pretty easily, but I don't have much hate in me. I don't think Cags does either, but (in my opinion), I do think he gives too little credit to the influence of emotions on our opinions.  He and I agree on many things, but he thinks people who do not agree are simply failing to think rationally. I say that emotions rule us far more powerfully than most know and that "rationality" is mostly used to justify what our deep emotions tell us.

Cags and I are both atheists.  Cags thinks religious people just aren't thinking well. I think they just cannot help believing.  Cags says I'm not being rational when I say that and I might agree smile

2. camlo profile image80

Seems he's only leaving the Forums, and not HP altogether.
            I don't believe he'll manage.

7. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

like everything I do lately this thread has turned down its own road!  oh well - (skipping along)  tongue:

1. camlo profile image80

Well - I wasn't really sure what we were supposed to do here. I thought maybe to run one another down, but there aren't many I'd like to do that to, and those I would like to do that to wouldn't come here anyway.

1. mega1 profile image79

It was just a little bitty joke.  (jogging now, trying to get away from the angry hoard of hubbers carrying "Please, Cagsil, stay" signs)

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. camlo profile image80

People are actually saying that?

1. mega1 profile image79

well, sorta kinda - mainly saying how much they'll miss him!  Now, are we gonna run anybody out of the forums tonight?  or shall I just go read a book?

1. camlo profile image80

I have to go to bed (4Am here, and have to be up at 9AM). But I'd be interested to look to see how you've done in the morning.

8. camlo profile image80
    camloposted 13 years ago

This sounds hilarious. I'll be going over to look at that thread with my morning coffee. Good Night!

9. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Why do you want to do this?  Are you just being mean?  Ok by me.. please don't choose me!  I'm new here, got a lot of hubbing to do yet.

10. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Pick Me!!!
    These Hohums - I mean forums are boring now anyway!

Bring Back the Moose or Eric and Eric!

Don't worry.... I'll do it myselzzzz

zzzzzzzzz

zzzzz

zz

Aww Fduck!!

Spilled my coffee...

11. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Conspire away...I don't run, I like it. big_smile

1. camlo profile image80

I think you're just seeking attention. smile

1. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

jOn a website? Hardly...but I like attention. Here I am wink

12. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

roll  is this what it all comes down to? hmm

Yes.

Well, sometimes we do have brief intelligent conversations.  note "sometimes" and "brief".

1. Beth100 profile image68
        Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  So true.....

13. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

can't we just all run each other out a little?  I need some exercise.  I don't want to talk politics, religion, or food.  Yes, that's right, you heard me.  None of that.  Sex=OK  ditto smut

I feel so loving, I don't know whether I have it in me to run anybody out.

Just got back from leaving off a woodrat at the golf course, where he can enjoy picking up the discarded food scraps golfers may or may not leave around.  Well, what else was I gonna do with him?  This may be the same woodrat that we released about 1.5 miles away a week ago - at any rate this time he's 10 miles away and probably not gonna find his way back.

That's why I feel so loving - maybe I can get some sleep at night without the woodrats running around all night!

which one is the woodrat?

A
      http://www.wildlifeactionplans.org/images/wv_woodrat.jpg

or

B

http://www.wildlifebc.org/UserFiles/Image/COLUMGROUNDS.jpg

It'd be hard to catch either of those little rascals....so nice of you to take it for a nice drive down the road to live on a beautifully manicured golf course....

14. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

The top one is a woodrat and the bottom one is a ground squirrel, I think.  or a gopher.  I think the woodrat I released will have a great ol time at the golf course, and hopefully there were no hidden watchers or cameras - I worried all the way home that I'd get caught!  What's the penalty for abandoning a woodrat at a golf course? 

Oh, and SOH, that bag is really coming along - halfway done, really!  I'll post a pic here in a few minutes.

...ha ha....i'm sure there's no penalty.....and its probably kickin' up its heels already....divin' into those holes and running around on that nice grass will be so easy for its short legs.

1. mega1 profile image79

http://i55.tinypic.com/jr7msm.jpg

you can see now that it actually exists!  how do you like it so far?

...wow!....nice Mega....and long strap right?....i'm still a patient person....thanks for the peak!!! that bead work sure does look nice and love the leather work! ...thank you.....and remember the inside inscription if you can....

...didn't mean to be late looking....getting ready to go out for dinner....what a nice surprise this post was!

...bump...not sure if you saw my reply...

...later...gater...

2. mega1 profile image79

yes - a long strap - I think 48 inches?  is that ok?  glad you like it

just measured my current one - it's 58 inches...below my hip...underneath the cheek (ha ha)....that's long i know...it's how I wear it....from the top corners....let me know you see this....otherwise I'll email.

15. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

here's a pic of the latest woodrat - the one I released today - Woody!

http://i54.tinypic.com/2zpt5r6.jpg

16. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

hijacked my own thread!  lol

Woody...is pretty cute...i'm sure he appreciated the TLC....

17. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

You can run me out, as I'm pretty much gone anyway.

1. mega1 profile image79

oh well, you won't be missing very much.  The rest of us stay mainly because we're addicted.

1. profile image0
        Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just got very discouraged when I got banned from the forums for a few days, and I haven't really done much here since. Once you lose the "I love to be here" feeling, it's pretty much downhill after that.

1. mega1 profile image79

I lost that lovin feeling a couple two or three times, but got over it.  Usually it was because a) people baited me into a rage or b) people kept posting so many "I love God" threads I wanted to puke or c) people posted so many dump on Obama threads I was just tired .  then again, I spend way too much time on here, so leaving for awhile is always good.  I can't be reasonable it seems.    I think you may find that cutting down your hours on hp will do the trick, without having to totally leave.  It's still better than any other forums I've found, with far less self-righteous bastards, actually.

1. profile image0

Yeah, and it doesn't help when the instigator decides to follow you, and you ask them to stop following you and even post a hub asking them to stop following you, but they won't. I feel like I'm being stalked, and why? Because I don't believe in God and hate Sarah Palin?

I'll be around, and one day, I'll actually write something again. Right now, I'm kicking butt on DS, because I need the money for the holidays.

...that's really too bad Amie....i don't get it....i guess someone has too much time on their hands....and they don't sound like a very nice person.....it must be weird to feel like you're being stalked on HP.....all because you have your own opinion.....

2. profile image59
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not give it another shot?  There are some very fun moments.  The rest of the time, pick your spots or just sign out.  Hope you'll stick around awhile!

1. profile image0

I just don't discuss religion or politics anymore. Never should have in the first place.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)