Code Pastings

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Kami Dear profile image60
    Kami Dearposted 15 years ago

I have already an google adsense account i want to paste the same to make money through Hub Pages. But whare i have to paste that code to get paid.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

It might help if you read the FAQ instead of asking all these questions.

http://hubpages.com/faq/

3. premsingh profile image59
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

Click on the the "affiliate settings" tab at "my account" page. You will find listing of different affiliate settings like google adsense, amazon, eBay etc. Click the edit tab in front of adsense setting and paste your adsense code. If it shows active status, your code is working. You have to wait for sometime say 2-3 months before you start earning. Hope this helps you.

1. PennyWise profile image61
      PennyWiseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What makes you say 2-3 months?  Obviously it's not going to explode by noon the next day, but what kind of success, in your opinion, is likely w/i 3 months as opposed to 6 or 9?

4. Kami Dear profile image60
    Kami Dearposted 15 years ago

Thanks !
                  But Prem, there is already some code pasted with status Refused By adsense.
                  whay it is sooo.

5. premsingh profile image59

please click the edit tab and paste your own code. If the code is same it means adsense did not approve your affiliation. If it is so you may again apply for reconsideration of your application. Alterntely you open a new gmail account and apply with new user name. While applying to adsense did you allow hubpages to have access to your account. If not, then adsense might have rejected your application.

6. reswill profile image60
    reswillposted 15 years ago

Hi-prem,

I'm reswill(newbie) I've tried adsense to "no-avail"either.what's with their-code when I signed-up last thursday,friday I highlighted their code for content on their site clicked-copy only to get I guess a default-message saying, it was saved!.However,when I went to my blog on "blogger"nothing",no-ads!.what's their reply-time.I see all the"suppose-tips"not towards you on several-sites but they"don't-help!".I-too am trying to make extra-money!.

7. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Reswill, the way you use Adsense on Blogger and other websites is totally different to the way it's used on HubPages. 

Here, you add your code in the Affiliate Settings section on "My Account", and HubPages takes care of placing the ads

On Blogger, you need to place the individual ads yourself on your layout.

8. premsingh profile image59

Reswill, on blogger you have to click "add an element" and then "add google adsense'. You will be asked after that to paste your adsense publisher ID and save button. Here it can be done as suggested by Marisa.
    It takes about 4-5 days for approval  of your account and sometimes more and in few cases within a day also by google adsense

9. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Penny, by the end of 3 months you should be earning $2 to $5 per 1000 visitors to your Hubs.

The actual number of visitors (and therefore dollars) will depend on how much effort you put into marketing your Hubs, assuming you have chosen a topic which at least a percentage of people are interested in reading about. My poetry Hubs generally only get visited by the spiders - I call them my "cobweb Hubs".

But I knew poetry wouldn't make money - I just wrote those ones for balance.

Internal HubPages traffic doesn't convert to clicks very well, so don't rely on it!

Jenny

10. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Penny, I have no idea what the magic is about the 3 months.  I can only assume it takes time for the search engines to notice you (because, as Jenny points out, that's where the paying customers come from).   

I remember posting on these forums in the middle of my third month here, wondering if I would ever earn anything.  Several Hubbers posted to say they'd had the same experience, but to hang in there because it would happen.  And lo and behold, the next month I earned $5.  The month after that, $10, then $15, then $20.  The trend seems to be continuing, and I hope will keep on going!

I should clarify that I had 50 Hubs written in the first few weeks, so the increase in earnings wasn't due to me writing more Hubs.    Like I said, it just seems to take time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)