Hub Karma

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (25 posts)
  1. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 13 years ago

When I first joined up to Hubpages my Hub Karma score went shooting up.  After the first week it had reached 81.  Since then though it has not moved.  I have continued to link articles and so I don't see why it has got stuck on 81. 

Is there any real purpose behind the Hub Karma,  does it have any effect on anything else.  Should I just ignore it and not worry?

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Dont bother about it.

3. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

I agree - Don't worry about it.

It won't effect anything.

4. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 13 years ago

So what is the point of it exactly?

5. BabaBooey profile image61
    BabaBooeyposted 13 years ago

Hub Karma is the most useless thing ever.  I think someone pretty high up on 'The Team' had the worst idea known to man, and no one had the stones to tell them that their idea sucked A**...

6. marymac47 profile image60
    marymac47posted 13 years ago

I really need some help and do not know anyplace else to go! I am brand new!

Thanks
                    marymac47

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 13 years agoin reply to this
    2. BabaBooey profile image61
      BabaBooeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you need help with?

3. andyoz profile image87
      andyozposted 13 years agoin reply to this

People on the Forums are very helpful Mary, if you struggle with something, just ask, people will be quick to offer suggestions.  Welcome to Hubpages by the way.

7. marymac47 profile image60

Thanks to All of you! In tne 'start a new hub' I am not sure asbout the webpage that I am suppose to put it. The title to my Hub is going to be "Never Say" In tne webpage section  put http://www.hubpages.com/neversay. It told me to not use forward slashes. I am new to all of this soooo!
    If I can be mentored threough the 1st one I think that I will be O.K.!

Thanks!!

8. marymac47 profile image60

Sorry about the typing mistakes!! I fingers are Numb! from shoveling icesnow!!

9. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Marymac47, your hub cannot be published with that URL, because it is incorrect for HubPages. I suggest that you simply type in a title for your hub, then the URL will be automatically generated for you. If you have further questions, please post a new topic in the Help forum.

http://hubpages.com/forum/2

10. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Hub Karma"

Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if they are still updating it anymore.

Mine has been a corpse at 69 forever. smile

Has anybody's score changed recently?

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Participation is what raises it, not just hubs. Asking questions, Forums, answering questions, all of it ties together.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. I believe you are confusing hubkarma with author score. Linking is what HubKarma is all about:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubkarma

2. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine was frozen at the same place for months, but within the last week (couple of weeks - I don't know) or so, mine went up a point.   So, apparently they're still doing stuff with HubKarma.

3. nell79 profile image77
      nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine was 100 at one point, but has dropped and stayed at 94 for a while.

11. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I'm bored. I think I'll go put a temporary link in one of my hubs to one of W.E.'s.

Who knows? Maybe I'll even leave it there.smile

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hub karma is a waste of time, I have been linking my hubs and my score is still at the same place. sad

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, same here. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is done. And no tracking URL either. It is just the kind of guy I am.smile

This is an excellent W.E hub for newbies and semi-newbies:

"Website-Examiners-Top-40-Truisms-About-HubPages"

http://hubpages.com/hub/Website-Examine … t-HubPages

12. simeonvisser profile image67
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

HubKarma is the most confusing number at HubPages really. We understand roughly how HubScore and HubberScore work but HubKarma is just.. a number. It has to do with the amount of linking you do to other hubs, that's what is publicly known. It also influences your personal HubberScore here at HubPages.

13. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

Mine went from 89 to 90 the other day after being on 89 for weeks.

I do use the tool, but only on the basis, (possibly misguided) that I was under the impression that if you link to another hubber's hub, and someone goes there as a result of clicking on your hub's link, then clicks on an advert, you as the referring hubber get a percentage of the revenue:

Quote from : http://hubpages.com/faq/#   How do impressions generate revenue on Hubpages?

"3.Traffic Referral Program: If you send traffic to any Hub, you’re entitled to either 9% or 12% of total impressions. You’ll receive 9% if the Hub you’ve referred people to already has impressions allocated to an Affiliate. If there are no Affiliates, you’ll receive 12% of the total impressions.

Whatever is left from the splits above goes to HubPages. Note that these splits apply only to Hubs and User Profile pages. On all other pages, such as a referral to a Tag page or the HubPages home page, you’ll receive 30% on a traffic referral, with HubPages getting the rest."

I am sure someone else can jump in here and clarify this better than I can.

14. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

You will get credit only if your referral trackers are there on those links. I believe the link suggest tool will not include your trackers automatically.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Crikey, you are kidding. That would take me ages to do, and to be honest I still don't quite 'get' the whole tracker thing and how to do it, in spite of having read a number of hubs on the subject. Surely they can find a way for this to happen automatically!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)