jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

Your Longest Hub In Hubpages

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

Which is you longest hub in terms of words? What is the ideal length of a hub in your opinion?

1. Polly C profile image89
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a hub over 3000 words, but that was not planned, just how it worked out. My best hubs are between 1000 - 2000 words long.

2. albc profile image60
      albcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My longest hub is around 1100 words, most are 500-600 words. i heard that 1000plus words hub is the best..

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

I think I got one over or around 4000 words. And I have quite a few around 1500 - 2000 +. Sometimes I write like I talk ... too much smile

1. kmackey32 profile image79
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

3. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

I have a hub with nearly 500 comments that is now getting hard to use. It must have several thousand words. Touch the slider at the side and it leaps up or down the page like crazy.

One day, I will bite the bullet and move some stuff.

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you can limit the amount of comments that are shown which may help. They're still accessible with a click.

I think my longest is about 2200 words. Most of mine are over 1000, some more, a few less. It depends on the subject. I think most products hubs are shorter in length.

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that, albc. I should check out all the features more!

4. Pandoras Box profile image67
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

5,289 words. (And it's only Part 1.)

5. ImChemist profile image59
    ImChemistposted 6 years ago

1000 words hub is good , more than that make the readers get boring ! unless its very interesting.

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

My longest hub is 3,500 words, but most of mine are 1,500 words or less. I would guess my average must be around 600-700 words though I'm planning on experimenting with shorter hubs. I see many short hubs at #1 or close to it with 400 words or less.

1. Pandoras Box profile image67
      Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, me too Izzy! My hubs have changed alot from when I first started here.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
        Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You mean I've been wasting words - sheesh.

Right 300 max it is from now on.  That's hardly enough time for me to explain what it is I planned to write about.

1. Pandoras Box profile image67
          Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Honestly I think somewhere between 400 and 1200 is a good general range for strictly marketing hubs.

Other topics may vary, and no doubt should. Know your audience. This isn't just an attention span thing. People are busy. Plus they browse on small phones these days, making long stuff hard on the eyes. Sometimes shorter really is better. No innuendos intended.

And also, there is that attention span thingie.

As it happens, I always read your stuff to the end in full, so whatever you're doing seems to be working.

1. Pcunix profile image88
            Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I read MOST of Mark's stuff.  I always deliberately avoid the last sentence because far too often it's that one that has made me spew coffee all over my keyboard.

7. Reality Bytes profile image90
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

I have hubs at @ 5000 words.

8. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 6 years ago

All my hubs are at least 1000 words or more in length. My longest one is about 1500 words which is my limit because no one will probably read it completely unless it is interesting.

9. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Most of mine fall above 1,500 and under 3,000.    I have far too many to easily which one is the longest, though if you include comments, I know that some do  approach 10,000.

10. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

My longest has 3645 words, has a high HubScore, but view duration has only two stars and only gets about two views a day. Those with five stars have between 450 and 900 words, and make the most money even if their HubScores are only in the low to mid 70s.

working