First of all lets say I have become addicted to hub pages... help!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (37 posts)
  1. b4murray profile image80
    b4murrayposted 13 years ago

I just began posting hubs about two months ago.

I have become slightly addicted to HP, which isnt good because I should be spending free time looking for a new job...

But I seem to magically land here on HP instead of Job search sites. And I dont think I'll be making a living here anytime soon.

I signed in the other day and my Hub on POP ART was listed on the front page! Yay

I may have to ban myself from the site for awhile.

Dont know if any others have had this problem, with spending too much time here.

1. Karen N profile image69
      Karen Nposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'll find that a lot of us are addicted to hubpages.
      And you never know, you might just end up making more money here than you think.  smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not addicted, but I will agree with most of your post. smile

1. shogan profile image75
          shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seriously, Cags?  You're not addicted?  How many forum posts do you have?  big_smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
            IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image69

Just because I have a lot of forum posts, doesn't make me an addict. wink But, nice try. tongue

1. IzzyM profile image88

I'm not addicted. I've never even made a forum post!

You're both raving lunatics.  I can help you, but you first need to admit you have a problem.  wink

A raving lunatic? How dare you apply your issues to me? yikes

tongue

Look...even the rest of this thread is trying to get away from you!  big_smile

2. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are definitely so strange and weird!  NO ONE ELSE has ever been addicted to HPages!  Honestly!  We all just spend a little bit of time here and never ever binge out hubbing.

well.

almost never.

so yeah.  I guess maybe sometimes I overdo it, but only when I only have a couple other things I should be doing - like, you know, sleeping or working.  Unimportant things.  So NO, I definitely would not consider myself addicted.

well, maybe a little bit to the forums - but only when I really really have nothing else to do that's important, like paying bills or getting dressed.  But otherwise,  no, I think you're the only hubber who is addicted.  Really!  lol

1. IzzyM profile image88

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

3. profile image0
      Marzimeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is a great place to spend your free time. It's having alone time while helping others. It is like having a intern or voluntary job, just online smile

2. camlo profile image82
    camloposted 13 years ago

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is look to see how my Hubs are doing and how much I've earned during the night. I do this again every time I return to my computer throughout the day, and take a look about every ten minutes when I'm working on my computer.
    I can't help it - I think it's addiction ...

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pretty much the same here… When I reach payout (I am creeping there 1 cent at a time…), I am banning looking at AdSense for a month!

2. IzzyM profile image88

What...you LEAVE your computer during the day???

1. camlo profile image82
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only because I have to. Last time I looked was at 6:15 this morning, then I had to go out and have been suffering withdrawal until now.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Crikey, I do all of that too, it must be contagious wink

1. camlo profile image82
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There should be a warning with 'highly contagious' and 'highly addictive'.

3. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

I, too, am addicted -- but don't rule out making a living! smile Maybe not here on Hubpages specifically, at least not for a while, but plenty of us do earn a living online. I make my living with a combination of freelance clients, a couple of my own sites, and four affiliate writing sites (including Hubpages). My solution to being unable to find a job I liked was to make one wink.

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Hello... my name is Klara and I've been addicted to Hubpages for eight months now. smile I feel GREAT just saying it out loud!!! WOW!!! lol

1. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good luck in your recovery -- I have been in the iron clutches of my hub addiction for over three years, and some days it feels like I'll never be able to find my way out. Now I'm off to write a hub about addiction recovery.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Yup. We are our own 12-Step program for each other.

lol lol lol

6. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Hi my name is David - I am not totally addicted to Hub Pages just yet.  The main reason is because I have to go to work for several hours a day, and Hub pages is one of the restricted sites on the work's computers - so no access at work sad

I am very good as I resist the temptation to have a quick 'fix' at work using my iPhone too wink

1. IzzyM profile image88

You lot are sad!!! Be like me and don't post..ever.

2. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Better watch it, you never know if someday you'll end up like me and making Hubpages part of the work day instead -- even worse, I got my employee/husband addicted too! My home is a horribly toxic environment.

7. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

I am not an addict! I am not an addict!! I am not an addict!!!

8. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I'll tell you what hurts.  What really hurts is when you think you've made some pretty good hubber friends.  you know?  and you think you've been there for people.  Then when I don't even come to Hubpages for two and a half days and NO ONE EVEN NOTICES!!  or if they notice they are way to polite or something and so no one says anything - no one say BOO!  I mean, I thought I was important enough in all your lives that when I stayed away (not because I HAD to stay away, but then I did have to see that one Dr. who for some reasons thinks I'm obsessed about hubbing - I'm really not)  when I stayed away all of you fickle hubbers act like I wasn't even gone.

That really hurts.  Big time.

tongue  hmm  lol

1. IzzyM profile image88

Look - save the sweet talk for someone who cares - all I want to know is how did you manage to stay away for a whole TWO AND A HALF DAYS!! I mean, where is your sick note? Tsk! Standards these days are falling...

1. mega1 profile image78

I wasn't sick.  I really had to work.  Really!  After all, my Hubber checks don't keep me in Depends so I can really hang out at the computer ALL THE TIME!  I have to work now and then so I can make a difference here with all my close buddies!   I wasn't aware I needed a note - but I suppose I could get one . . .

1. IzzyM profile image88

Course you could! You have a computer, haven't you? Just make one up......and don't let it happen again. I want to see those sick notes in future lady!!

LOL, hey you know I'm only kidding smile

I've a cheek to talk anyway. I lurk more than post then have a burst for a day or two...which was fine when I was churning out hubs, but I'm still kinda slowed up with the algo thingie.

1. mega1 profile image78

I did sort of notice.  vaguely, that you lurk and post irregularly - in fact, I've decided to use you as my new role model - that way no one will have to know that I'm here, spying, as it were!

1. IzzyM profile image88

Attagirl! wink

9. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

It may have only been two days.  I'm not so good with calendars and days and time and stuff like that.  so, yeah, two whole day, and I didn't even get up during the night to log on!  but that was cuz I was so exhausted from moving around and working.  Not that any of you care!  :_:

10. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

from now on, then, no one will know whether I'm actually here, lurking and spying, so they better be nice to me!!  smile

11. CARIBQUEEN profile image62
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

It is a nice place to be to read hubs and answer relevant questions.  However, I am not addicted.  I just like meeting people and sharing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)