jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (32 posts)

How does it feel like to receive a payment from Adsense?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I have been getting an Adsense payment for years but it still makes me happy to receive one.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image83
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There's nothing better. What I like is that it is paid in £££ directly into my bank account.smile

2. Garrett Mickley profile image80
      Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It feels like winning a very small lottery that you put a lot of work in to.

1. onlinemom1963 profile image59
        onlinemom1963posted 6 years agoin reply to this

First time in Hubpages here. And I am anticipating a good residual income here from years to come!

3. tsmog profile image80
      tsmogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is a very encouraging forum post, however I see I will have to put some work into this and time. So, in a sense I am relieved. I hear each of you saying "Patience, oh, grasshopper" (old Kung Fu adage). Thank you! For leading the way, and leaving a path to be followed!

4. Bible Studies profile image75
      Bible Studiesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wow, OMG, I finally got paid. smile

After rapture and dreaming what I'm going to do with the money, sit back down to reality. How many more years am I going to have to wait for my next payout???

Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Before the panda update, people normally had to wait less for their second payout than the first one. You can still manage to get an early payout by wisely working on a website of your own.

5. bie88 profile image55
      bie88posted 6 years agoin reply to this

im new here.. i also want to earn money from adsense, it is really work ?

It works!

6. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 6 years agoin reply to this

don't know haven't had one yet.  Only half way there.  Expect I will meet the HP one first at this rate

2. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

My first payout came just days before Panda. Since then, I have hardly had any clicks whatsoever, so the whole thing has turned into a massive anti-climax.

3. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Panda meant April was the first month since June 08 when I didn't get the deposit.  mad  hmm  I'll get one this month, but I'm really not seeing reason to think it will go back to a monthly thing in a hurry.  hmm  Oh well...  Either way, it's nice to see the transaction take place in the account.  smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Me too, Lisa! 

I don't use Adsense on my own websites, so having those hasn't compensated for the loss of traffic on HP.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

WA, Lisa, everyone is suggesting to go for your own blogs and websites since the panda update. You might start receiving a monthly payout with them.

5. CASE1WORKER profile image77
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

it arrived for the first time this month and now sits, all alone, in a special account for my online earnings!

6. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

UH, thanks.  So far, there'll still be a monthly payout from HP, as far as I can see (and I don't have any reading whatsoever on what Ad Sense will or won't do - it's really erratic these days).  For now, I'm in a low-gear, wait-and-see, mode.  I can see how if I make some adjustments to a few things I could fairly easily get the earnings from here back.  I've been in a kind of "writing-identity-crisis" with my Hubs for ages now, because I pretty much don't like most of them anyway.  I've always tried to straddle some line (with this spare-time writing) between writing what's useful-but-what-I-feel-like-writing-about yet not writing "conventional web articles".    As a result, I have a lot of "weird" kind of Hubs.  It's probably good Panda happened.  It'll force me to pick a side as far as exactly what "identity" each piece of writing (and its author) go.  I'm using the "low-pay" time to do some defining of/for myself.   smile

7. Rosie2010 profile image74
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I haven't received one yet, but I'm sure I'll be ecstatic.  And I will definitely be like you.. will always be happy to receive a cheque .. always!

8. Mikeydoes profile image75
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I'm going to be receiving more money from Hubpages. I've reached payout for Hubpages, but Adsense is way behind.

9. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I just recived one and it and it will probably be my last...at least from the earnings on this site..sad

You don't seem happy to receive a payment.

1. Stacie L profile image89
        Stacie Lposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am happy to receive thsi check...it will be the alst one judging by the clicks I am now receiving...

10. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 6 years ago

It felt good to receive a payment from Adsense last month. It was extra money for me and it was deposited automatically to my checking accountby Google. I am looking forward to more payouts in the future from Adsense. Right now I am almost at payout threshold for the Hubpages Ad Program and should be receiving it next month. It is always a good feeling to receive extra money from another source other than your job.

11. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 6 years ago

It's a wonderful feeling. smile It doesn't matter the amount of the cheque, it still feels great!

12. Reality Bytes profile image89
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

I just cashed a Google check, feels awesome!!!!

13. kirstenblog profile image75
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I feel very proud of myself
    If this was for my bread and butter I would probably be very very worried but since its not bread and butter money, well I imagine buying fancy bread and fancy butter instead! lol

1. waynet profile image50
      waynetposted 6 years agoin reply to this

LOL! big_smile I got 12 pence from adsense yesterday at Hubpages whooo hooo....I is rich beyond my wildest dreams as Robbie Williams once said the rich arse barsteward!

You make me jealous!!

2. Rosie2010 profile image74
      Rosie2010posted 6 years agoin reply to this

lol

14. Greek One profile image76
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I'll let you know in about 3 years

15. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

is it worth stopping hubpages ad program to increase adsense earnings? I know some here were trying that route.

16. DIYweddingplanner profile image89
    DIYweddingplannerposted 6 years ago

At the rate I'm going, it'll be January of next year before I hit pay-out for Google and who knows when for HP.  But I'm still having fun with you guys! smile

17. onlinemom1963 profile image59
    onlinemom1963posted 6 years ago

I am a total beginner here. I just made my first hub and I haven't been paid with Google Adsense before. I am from Makati, Philippines. What are their methods of transfer aside from check? Definitely they will not be sending it through Paypal of course. Thank you very much people.

I love my first 3-hour experience here so far! I finally wrote my son's gay confession here and how I handled it. HubPages is like an emotional and financial channel all at the same time.

Cheers to all!

working