Friday 13th Horror HubNuggets! - Winners Now In!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (29 posts)
  1. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

It's Friday the 13th, an ill-omened day at best! The HubNuggets team is off on a camping trip - to Crystal Lake!! I wonder if Jason still haunts the camp there?

Will any of them survive their perilous trek?
    Are you brave enough to follow their fear-filled saga as you go to read and vote?

Friday The 13th: HubNuggets Horror at Crystal Lake Camp

Read and vote, read and vote, read and vote - but don't let the boogie man getcha!

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

GASP!!   It IS Friday the 13th!!! Of to read!!!

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol   lol  lol

2. RedElf profile image89

big_smile

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

I aways WANTED to go to the Upper Pensinsula!

4. Enelle Lamb profile image74
    Enelle Lambposted 12 years ago

Off to read - will watch out for the boogie man!

5. RedElf profile image89

Congrats to all the nominees!

6. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 12 years ago

OOooh....I never watched any Friday the 13th movie coz I get scared...it's silly watching the movie with my hands covering my face the whole time! How horrifying will our experience be?  Off to read the hub REdElf! big_smile

7. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

Even though I'm not a fan of horror movies/stories myself (I never sleep afterwards--and sleep is too precious to waste as a mom of two little ones!), the story was awesome!

Thanks so much for the nomination. I really appreciate the recognition of my hard work. smile

Good luck to all the other nominees!!! When the kiddos take their naps later, I'm going to read through and vote.

~ThePracticalMommy

8. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

This was by far one of the most difficult voting I've participated in.  They were ALL excellent.

9. RedElf profile image89

Thanks so much, TPM - congratulations on your nomination!

Some great picks this week, Denise! It was so hard to choose from all the great hubs available.

10. Sustainable Sue profile image94
    Sustainable Sueposted 12 years ago

Friday the 13th is actually a lucky day for some. In the ancient Egyptian days the number 13 was associated with the wonder of the afterlife. In some East Asian countries 13 is a lucky number. In European tradition, the number 13 was associated with the lunar monthly cycle. I think that's where it's "bad" reputation came from - the old Christian attempt to discredit women and reverence of the Goddess. So for we women being nominated for the HubNuggets Contest, be encouraged. We have an edge. ;-)

11. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 12 years ago

I am one of those people who actually look forward to Friday the 13th.  My husband's favorite number has always been 13 and he and I were intentionally married on Friday the 13th and had a "breaking superstitions" reception.  People had to walk under a ladder to come in, there were open umbrellas about, shoes on the tables - whatever we could think of.  We were at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge last night celebrating this year's ONLY Friday the 13th. 

When I got home last night(late), I got on my laptop to check my e-mail and was totally shocked and surprised to see that one of my hubs was nominated in the new Hubnuggets contest.  I guess I'm so new I didn't know there was such a thing.  Thanks!

I did have to check out the other nominees and I was so impressed with their hubs.  They were so interesting and varied - I enjoyed them immensely.  I was surprised that I hadn't found any of them on my own. Thanks again!

12. RedElf profile image89

Sustainable Sue and your cybersister, congrats on your nominations - One of my sister's was born on the 13th, so I have always considered it a lucky day - though we tease her that it's not big_smile

13. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 12 years ago

So anyway, there I was, staying indoors out of harm’s way, avoiding black cats, not walking under ladders, stepping over cracks in the pavement, generally enduring another bout of Paraskevidekatriaphobia (no, really, that’s the medical term for fear  of Friday  the 13th), when this e-mail lobs in to tell me I’ve been nominated in this week’s HubNuggets competition.

Talk about confusing! The best of news, on the worst of days. What am I to make of it? Not just a nomination, a belief-challenging event.

You’ve changed my life, HP.

14. RedElf profile image89

Congratulations, writeronline! HubPages will do that to you big_smile

15. Richieb799 profile image77
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I did a horror hub before and it was a collection of everyone's spooky avatars from Halloween lol
    Not sure what I could do for Friday 13th though hmm

16. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Interesting and Excellent RedElf! smile Good Luck ALL Nominees! smile

17. RedElf profile image89

...and a great hub, it was, too, Richie - I'm sure you could come up with something creative big_smile

Greetings, friend cags! Glad you enjoyed the hub - thanks for stopping by to support our featured new writers!

18. profile image0
    renoelleposted 12 years ago

Good luck to all the nominees big_smilebig_smile

1. zulueta19 profile image59
      zulueta19posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This so exciting.... Good luck....

19. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 12 years ago

The winners are in!  Congratulations to all wannabes and winners.  Voting totals are below:

HubPages Tutorials and Community (37 total votes)

* Editing Techniques to Use Before Publishing Your Hub—With Love, an English Teacher (15 votes, 41%)
        * What Is A Hub Hopper? And Why Are They Trying to Kill Your Work? (10 votes, 27%)
        * HubPages Lessons Learned in 8 Weeks (6 votes, 16%)

Gender and Relationships (65 total votes)

* Professional Women: Hear them Roar-- Numbers TOO BIG to Ignore! (49 votes, 75%)
        * Why I Keep My Husband a Secret (5 votes, 8%)
        * Click, Click, Love: Finding Your Future Soulmate on the Internet (5 votes, 8%)

Politics and Social Issues (21 total votes)

* What is Stormwater Runoff, and Why Should We Care About It? (7 votes, 33%)
        * How to Help Alabama Tornado Victims (5 votes, 24%)
        * Standing up against voyeurism and public violence (4 votes, 19%)

A big thanks to the HubNuggets team for another great week!

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
      ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I really appreciate the votes I received for my "Editing Techniques.." hub. This just made my week!!! Thanks, everyone! And congratulations to all of the other winners!

2. profile image0
      writeronlineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi TPM, congrats on your win in our category! Well-deserved (imho); I’m very happy just making it to second. And thanks again, HP, for the nomination; hope to do it again sometime! Cheers to all the contestants.

20. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to ALL Winners! smile Great Job! smile

21. RedElf profile image89

Congratulations to all the winners and all the nominees - you're all winners in my books! Thanks to everyone who read and voted - great work helping to promote new writers!

22. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to all Wannabes and overall winners! We're glad to have highlighted you all.

Cheers!

23. newenergyportal profile image61
    newenergyportalposted 12 years ago

Nice post. thanks for sharing information in your post.

24. RedElf profile image89

Thanks frankandrew and newenergyportal, and congrats again to all the nominees!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)